The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 24, 2017, 08:58:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling potential SP scooter pilots  (Read 1279 times)
Pilot
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2016, 12:31:24 pm »

Thankyou Althebiker

Yamaha 535 Virago if I'm not mistaken. My fuel tank in slung within the frame between my ankles, an area I'll panel over in iron look alike, so I shalln't need your first suggestion. But I do like the idea of shrouding the exhaust. Here in Oz we have a situation where it's not quite type approval but the rozzers are terribly suspicious of anything outside their expectations. Bluntly, they don't generally like any bikes or scooters and lack any sense of humour. So a practical method of SPing the stock muffler is a good 'un. I'll start looking out for those extinguishers. Looking at your photo drop pix the innards would give up some interesting looking bits to.

Pilot
AltheBiker
Gunner
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Vroommmmm

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2016, 02:45:19 pm »

Yup, good ol' 535, just couldn't replace the engine properly so had to be sold on... The extinguishers do yield excellent bits which are being incorporated in a coat, pics will be posted soon.

Music and Toast in Darkness
Pilot
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2016, 01:42:34 pm »

Hit a minor hassle.

Due to my regular ride spitting an exhaust manifold bolt I found myself without wheels for going go work. So I had to put the project bike on the road a bit sharpish! Consequently I had to finish abruptly, the front end I've just made do with some paint and the fitting of character turn lights and mirrors. The middle of the bike is unpanelled as yet.....

But I will return at some point!

Pilot

Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2016, 01:52:51 am »

Still looks pretty damn impressive, Pilot!
selectedgrub
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2016, 06:31:55 am »

Looking good.
Pilot
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2016, 03:40:18 pm »

Thanks for you kind encouragement guys. I may do a bit of detailing over the next week or two.

Pilot
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: