The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 23, 2017, 04:09:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Artist bracer  (Read 552 times)
wolfmanyoda
Deck Hand
United States United States

« on: April 21, 2016, 05:14:53 pm »

My very first attempt at leather crafting. It's an artists bracer, that is it holds art tools at the ready.
I'm working on a persona who is an artist in the steampunk world. After all, every airship pilot needs a painting of their vessel!
My cuts are not the smoothest, I can shape those up I think. Overall, I'm happy with it. I'm looking forward to more of this.

Here we have my favorite pen attached, also an eraser and the small pocket by my wrist contains a pencil sharpener.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On the other side I have a long pocket that can hold about 6 pencils.

My method for securing it to my arm.

Just another angle for fun.

Now I need to work on a portfolio case and easel that I can carry. I'd also like to work on a stovetop hat gallery.
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 05:38:24 pm »

Ooh! Like this a lot.  You might cover pens and pencils in marbled paper to look more old fashioned.  Or metallic bronze or brass look paper to be even more steampunk.
wolfmanyoda
Deck Hand

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 06:00:42 pm »

Something like this? https://www.forthemakers.com/tutorials/carrel-marbled-pencils

I had thought about using rub 'n buff on the pen at least, but I was afraid it would rub off onto my hand when I use it.
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 06:22:57 pm »

Yes that is what I had in mind. I've never used rub 'n buff but I think you are right.  You can also use leather look paper. I remember a snakeskin pattern used to great effect.
Mme. Ratchet
Officer

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 02:23:57 am »

Thats super cool!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: