The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 17, 2017, 09:17:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The lost fonts of Fanaglia  (Read 647 times)
fanaglia
Swab

United States United States

"Write drunk; edit sober" -Hemingway

« on: April 19, 2016, 05:30:38 am »

I admin a collective of steampunk-themed writers in a roleplaying group that's been going since 2012. Unfortunately, many of the images we've used in the forums and pages related to our group were hosted on ImageShack, way back when it was still a free service. When they switched to being a pay service, all the old images hosted there were "grandfathered in" and continued to be hosted for free. Well, recently, they decided to not do that anymore and all our old images went bye bye. Once upon a time, I had everything backed up on my PC, but a power surge fried that computer long ago. Fortunately, through emails and our wiki, we've collectively managed to scrape together most of the important images. One thing we've lost, though, is all my nicely-stylized headings, which were written in a beautiful, free font I downloaded on that old PC years ago and of which I've long since forgotten the name. I'm pretty sure I found it linked in a forum post here, so I was hoping that someone else might have the same font, remember the name, recognize it, or know how I can find out the name and download it again. Of course, I could always find a new font for my headings, but I was really quite fond of this one and would love to have it back if at all possible. The only surviving example we've come across was the wordmark logo that would appear in the corner of our wiki: [imghttp://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb5/nsvapor/images/8/89/Wiki-wordmark.png[/img]

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." -Edgar Allen Poe
Antipodean
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 07:46:00 am »

Lost fonts of Fanaglia found Smiley
This seems to close if not the actual font - Download Link - http://www.ffonts.net/Ornatique.font

Did you just go PSSSSSSST at me or have I just sprung a leak?

I'm not retreating, I'm advancing in another direction.
fanaglia
Swab

"Write drunk; edit sober" -Hemingway

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 11:45:27 am »

That's it!!! Thank you so much! You're a hero <3
pakled
Zeppelin Captain

Minions Local 305, at your thervice!

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 01:00:10 pm »

There's a whole collection of fonts as a downloadable file, somewhere in these threads. Steampunk-themed. Just don't remember where...
qui est in literis
Zeppelin Admiral

Who Art In Letters

quiestinliteris
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 12:13:14 am »

Agh! That's a gorgeous font. I see it says free for personal use, but I can't find a purchase link for commercial use anywhere! This saddens me.

"She knew where she stood, when she stood among books." -The Medium

Qui Est In Literis
The Angry Villagers: Cryptoexterminology Supply
Serrac
Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 01:13:22 am »

Doing a little digging, it would appear that the font was designed by someone going by the name of designstation. It looks like he/she is on DeviantArt, so it might be worth dropping a line to http://designstation.deviantart.com/.

Downloading the font and looking in the zip file, I would have expected to see a copy of the licence, but it is missing...

If I leave my grin behind, remind me that we are all mad here. (SJ Tucker: Cheshire kitten)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: