The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 17, 2017, 11:18:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Frick Engine at Home  (Read 1803 times)
Maets
Immortal
United States United States

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2016, 12:46:17 pm »

So glad you figured out posting images.  Some great ones there.

mizzarrogh
Gunner
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2016, 07:59:19 am »

I also realy love this stuff, Unfortunatly wery few are left of those where i live, think i hawe only seen one or 2 in my life here so i think i can simply forget to got one, however, a friend hawe some old crude oil engines that is going to be restored (possibly by me in the future).

I recently got some old shaping machines that i will restore as soon as i find a place to install them so i can work indoor during the winter season here.
I also restored an old metal cropping machine last year, it´s still in thousand pieces on pallets, but i will post some pictures of in here when i got the missing parts for it so i can put everything together again.
Some months ago me and the boss here on the blacksmith where i work (he is also wery interested in those things) restored an old mecanical hammer to absolute mint condition.

I realy love those old machines.

MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2016, 05:01:28 pm »

Aw, CRUD, you're in S.C. I was going to offer to come over and help on the weekends (I'm 'way over here in Texas).

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
SPBrewer
Zeppelin Captain

Sky Pirate Brewer

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2017, 07:29:21 am »

I need a little help here.  I have never fired up a full scale steam engine before.  Anybody out there with a Frick Steam Engine Owners Manual?  Please! ?  Wink
Seriously, does anybody out there offer a steam engine operators school.   I don't even know where to put the water in at.
I do know I will need the Fire Box Door and the Ash Box Door.  The Smoke Stack I have been told was optional, but I think I would rather have it.
I'll need to test the pressure relief valve.  Also, I will need to locate a steam pressure gauge (Calibrated).
I'd like to get her going in a year or two at the most.

And PLEASE, YES I know the Boiler has to be tested first.  That fact is known, what I need to know is who will preform this service in S.C. or near by.

Thanks,
Stan aka the Sky Pirate

The Sky Pirate
Captain of the "Queen Victoria's Revenge"

Drew P
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2017, 12:43:52 pm »

https://www.smokstak.com/

Maybe something here?

Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'