The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 24, 2017, 12:36:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: steampunk persona hobbies  (Read 1934 times)
VampirateMace
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Mein Hexapod

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2016, 05:12:45 am »

Does reanimating monsters count as a hobby? 'cause that's what I'd do.

Collecting natural and archeological specimens was very popular in Victorian times. Mummy unwrapping parties did a good deal of [educational] damage. Speaking of parties, laughing gas parties were a thing, while one still had to get a tooth pulled without any painkillers.

chironex
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

The typing jellyfish monster

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2016, 11:26:36 am »

Finding Steampunk names in everyday life. One of my regular customers' last name is McKracken  Grin

There's an irrigation hardware supplier around my way under that name.

I forgot music. Many a 19th century mansion was built with various kinds of organ preinstalled, and other houses often had pianos, harpsichords etc. and if you were rich enough to have one, but not rich enough to have servants, it's rather wasteful if no-one in your household can play. And it wasn't like there was any other way to get musical entertainment, until the phonograph; and that must have come with many disadvantages in terms of trying to party at home or at the pub/saloon.

Orkses is never beaten in battle. If we wins we wins and if we dies we dies fightin' so it don't count as beat. Even if we runs away it means we can always come back for anuvver go, see!

QUEENSLAND RAIL NOT FOR SALE!!!!!!
Atterton
Time Traveler

Only The Shadow knows

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2016, 06:00:24 pm »

Those ether/laughing gas parties was how anaesthetics were invented though. When a participant cut himself badly and realized he felt no pain.

Resurrectionist and freelance surgeon.
Maets
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2016, 06:27:24 pm »

My steampunk persona likes to dress up in a suit and tie, and take steam-powered devices and modify them so they look like they are powered by microelectronics and made of plastic.

Very good! Cheesy

cossoft
Gunner
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2016, 11:53:02 pm »

My steampunk persona likes to dress up in a suit and tie, and take steam-powered devices and modify them so they look like they are powered by microelectronics and made of plastic.

What if they looked backwards, rather than forwards?  After all, Steampunk is of times past.  So they might build enormous treble water wheels, get around in bullock powered wooden trains held together with exorbitant amounts of rope and make rapidly firing automatic crossbows.  Clearly they would all wear customised Templar helmets, perhaps carrying an Excalibur like sword with a ridiculously elaborate guard.

I can't think of what they'd do for goggles though...
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2016, 12:32:44 am »

Tudor Inspiration.

https://thepragmaticcostumer.wordpress.com/tag/medieval-glasses/
Atterton
Time Traveler

Only The Shadow knows

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2016, 01:19:29 am »

Cossoft: What you describe there is rather like the pre-raphaelites.
cossoft
Gunner
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2016, 01:45:04 am »

Tudor Inspiration.

Booh   Wink  Even with time travel ,there's no getting away from those goggles is there?   
Burgess Shale
Officer

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2016, 06:06:20 pm »

Many of my pastimes are based upon past time. Through time travelling, I've collected insects and other arthropods from the distant past and gone "antiquing" after various battles to add to my medieval sword and armor collection. My favorite, though is the Hadrosaur Dressage Club. However, we don't talk about Hadrosaur Dressage Club; that's the first line of the charter.

Dean of the Department of Palaeontology at the American Institute of Natural History and Decorative Arts
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2016, 06:24:52 pm »

Many of my pastimes are based upon past time. Through time travelling, I've collected insects and other arthropods from the distant past and gone "antiquing" after various battles to add to my medieval sword and armor collection. My favorite, though is the Hadrosaur Dressage Club. However, we don't talk about Hadrosaur Dressage Club; that's the first line of the charter.

Also the second line of the charter.
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2016, 02:17:38 pm »

I not only know nothing of any charter but I categorically deny that it could ever exist!

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: