The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 11, 2017, 11:48:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Da Vinci water pump  (Read 1746 times)
Maets
Immortal
United States United States

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2016, 01:53:35 am »

It is great looking.

How about a video?

Should we all mail you a sponge?

Dr.B.Goodall
Gunner
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Be Good All! ;)

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2016, 04:35:48 am »

That's looking great so far - I'd also like to see a video of it in operation Smiley

"People call me a "Doctor", but only for my skills.  I know nothing of healing the flesh.  Metal, steam, and what I discover in the wastelands are the tools and techniques for my creations in the new world." - Dr.B.Goodall, Wasteland Explorer
polyphemus
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2016, 06:00:50 am »

I can just about take short videos. I'm not quite sure how I would upload one.

Polphemus Pomfret
"Don't be silly. He wouldn't write,"Aaarrgghhh!"
"Perhaps he was dictating."
Maets
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2016, 01:36:08 pm »

Easy enough to set up a Youtube thread and upload to it.
SeVeNeVeS
Immortal
England England

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2016, 02:41:04 pm »

I see all your photos are on photobucket. Never tried it myself but that host supports video too. Should be as simple as uploading from your device to your current account, no signing up for yourtube, some other site etc.....

Simple, yeah right, best of luck  Grin

polyphemus
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2016, 11:01:16 pm »

Second water test with redesigned buckets. Some spillage but a good amount going as planned. On the basis of a successful test I have unveiled the model before the school director and have approval for working drawing stage. Onward!
Mme. Ratchet
Officer

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2016, 09:27:12 am »

Following
polyphemus
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2016, 10:23:52 pm »

Working drawings in progress. Only detail to be finalised is the bucket design. I'll report when something visually interesting happens.
Dr.B.Goodall
Gunner

Be Good All! ;)

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2016, 06:02:55 pm »

Are you still having issues with the bucket design? - that's got to be really annoying?!?

Have you considered hanging the bucket off the side of the  "belt" (I know this means modifying a LOT of the design) and have them pivot on their own, so they always face up.  Then, put an arm on the side of each bucket so that as it comes down from the top, the arm is caught on a stationary post, which then tips the water out as the bucket passes it.  If I'm not clear enough, I can do some sketches to explain it better.
polyphemus
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2016, 10:09:06 pm »

That sounds like it might work, but it would be major back to the drawing board time.  I think the current design will work well enough for the purpose. I found some buckets at the dollar store which should serve.
Dr.B.Goodall
Gunner

Be Good All! ;)

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2016, 07:19:33 pm »

After a re-think, you could probably just go back to having the buckets on the face of the belt, inged at the ver top center of the open end, with an arm out the side at the bottom which would catch a curved slider under the collection channel to one side of the belt at the top, tipping the buckets sideways before they pass over the top.  Would involve some trial and error in the placement of the curved slider and hinge point of the bucket though.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: