The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 11, 2017, 11:45:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Borg Torso (Finished)  (Read 1697 times)
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Asymetry is the bane of my life

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2016, 08:36:35 pm »

Now you've spoilt it  Grin

Drew P
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2016, 12:21:54 pm »

Thanks for leaving the arm "human" Smiley.

Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'
montrehomme 50
Officer
France France

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2016, 02:30:44 pm »

Great work!.  It was worth standing back and getting some other views of the piece, now it is complete.
GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2016, 10:57:43 pm »

If you were ever inclined to make this a kinetic piece,  I found this last Halloween:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Attach it to the stuff coming out of the right leg. The prop is too long for your sculpture as is, but it should be easy enough to hide the excess in the hollow of the torso's shell, if you can't cut it down altogether.

Additionally,

Really nice piece, and once again, I'm envious.
SeVeNeVeS
Immortal
England England

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2016, 11:28:20 am »

Thanks for the positive replies so far.

OK, the possible pecker issue.........Hmmmmm??....... might have to address that, can't have a chick with a d&%@ hanging on my wall, so will think of a solution when time allows.

Love the dangly, moving live wires btw GCCC, not for this but maybe a future project, good find!

SeVeNeVeS
Immortal
England England

« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2016, 03:49:45 pm »

It's off the wall and back on the bench.

Twiddling in process.......... Hopefully the schlong will be gone......  Huh
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 03:51:48 pm by SeVeNeVeS » Logged
Maets
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2016, 04:01:25 pm »

Very nice indeed.

Would it make sense to mount it all on a nice piece of wood?  Dark mahogany for example. 

GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2016, 05:14:52 am »

It's off the wall and back on the bench.

Twiddling in process.......... Hopefully the schlong will be gone......  Huh

My concern with removing the nozzle completely is that the original silver patina is irretrievable. If that is accurate, then you're left with an oddly damaged navel, which again will draw attention to itself. If the nozzle can be removed and the area can be made to resemble the other "undamaged/uninfected" areas, then sure. Otherwise, consider adding an umbilical from the nozzle to elsewhere.

Very nice indeed.

Would it make sense to mount it all on a nice piece of wood?  Dark mahogany for example. 

Wouldn't that start to resemble a trophy mount? "Hey, y'all lookit whut I bagged on th' last 'rigible safari!" I'm sure you can construct a mount in such as fashion so that it wouldn't look like a trophy, but after thinking about this for a while, my personal thought is that this should be left "free hanging". It's an elegant piece which, to my eye, would not benefit from any other background than the wall from which it hangs. This would also take up less space, expanding the possibilities for where it might be hung.
SeVeNeVeS
Immortal
England England

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2016, 09:18:58 am »

I ran out of black tubing so a quick rummage in the van ans I found some braided.

That's it, no more, it's starting to get a bit too busy, so no plaque, It Is Finished.

Drew P
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2016, 02:41:07 pm »

How about, I know I know "shut up", but seriously, how about just rotating that 'non-member' to her right side and passing the hose thru the copper tubing?  It still may look alittle.....

Undecided

And, please, mind you that this in anyway does NOT diminish your artistry! Smiley
SeVeNeVeS
Immortal
England England

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2016, 03:23:17 pm »

No More! Cyborg cock, it is Grin

The ladder and scaffold board have been put away (only way to access it)

This all started because I had to change a light bulb and escalated into a project...... Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 03:40:26 pm by SeVeNeVeS » Logged
Maets
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2016, 09:10:15 pm »

And now we see some of your other trophies.

von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2016, 10:48:17 pm »

This all started because I had to change a light bulb and escalated into a project...... Roll Eyes
"... and once I'd bought the emu and installed the drill press, I still had to arrange billets for the chamber orchestra from Smolensk..." Yeah, who hasn't found themselves in that situation?

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
Drew P
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2016, 03:08:16 pm »

Perfect!
Dr.B.Goodall
Gunner
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Be Good All! ;)

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2016, 08:58:37 pm »

Looks great Cool

And this all came about just because you had to change a light bulb?!? Roll Eyes

I wonder what will happen when you have to give the car an oil change?!?  Tongue

"People call me a "Doctor", but only for my skills.  I know nothing of healing the flesh.  Metal, steam, and what I discover in the wastelands are the tools and techniques for my creations in the new world." - Dr.B.Goodall, Wasteland Explorer
Kensington Locke
Officer

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2016, 07:05:45 pm »

Looks good.  wasn't sure about the belly button thing until I saw it hooked up to more parts.

I'd say there is something to having the machine cover her dignity, so to speak.  So keeping those parts "human" so to speak, while the mechanical bits attempt to retain modesty, is just the artsy thing people will talk about.

As such, I'm torn on whether the right arm should be borg'd or not as it covers the breast.
creagmor
Zeppelin Captain
South Africa South Africa

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2016, 08:21:05 pm »

Absolutely terrific. My vote would be to keep it as is.

“Love is an emotional thing, and whatever is emotional is opposed to that cold true reason which I place above all things.” Sherlock Holmes, in The Sign of Four.
Drew P
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2016, 11:34:33 am »

The machine wouldn't cover 'her' dignity because...it's a machine. So what's left of 'her' is still 'conscience' of what little is left of 'her'.
SeVeNeVeS
Immortal
England England

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2016, 08:05:23 pm »

Nice to see this still being discussed.

I had always planned to keep that arm bare and free from anything.

Do please carry on, it is finished but extra opinions are most welcome.

Best use of junk mail I have ever used (with a bit of PVA, hammerite and boot polish)

On to the next, when time permits, Overall positive response methinks, cheers Ladies and Gents.
Drew P
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2016, 01:55:01 am »

Nah, I'm done.

Oh, ok.....it's still AWESOME!!!
GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2016, 04:10:34 am »

No More! Cyborg cock, it is Grin

Nicely done!
Drew P
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2016, 11:39:36 am »

You mean 'inverted'. Wink
spacebovine
Officer
Australia Australia

« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2016, 11:15:30 am »

I don't know how to put this, so please take it in terms that are nothing but complimentary. At the moment it is a truly wonderful piece of art... and high end art at that. It feels to me like if you add too much more it may become a wonderful piece of model making (a pathway I am guilty of, not that it actually worries me) ...it's obviously up to you to figure out what this piece is to you, I'm 100% sure that it will be a success whatever you do.
Someone mentioned Giger, and I really think they were on the money. I definitely don't think it need any backing, the silhouette is perfect as is. 

First pants... then shoes
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: