The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 25, 2017, 01:18:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Crewe Steampunk Convivial, late May B/H weekend  (Read 1450 times)
David K Smith
Swab

England England

« on: February 13, 2016, 10:39:32 am »

Hi
I'm very pleased to be able to announce that Crewe Town Council have agreed to underwrite an annual Steampunk Convivial over the late May Bank Holiday weekend, so we start in 2016 with Friday May 27th, Saturday May 28th, Sunday May 29th, and Monday May 30th.

Crewe is a totally Victorian creation - built by the Grand Junction Railway (later the LMS) to service its Locomotive Works. Steam and Engineering are in its DNA. So it is a wonderfully appropriate place for a Steampunk festival - Steampunk is coming home!

We will have 4 nights and 3 days of steampunk entertainment and shenanigans, including a large market. All of the day time frolics will be completely free, no ticket or wristband, FREE. The evening entertainments will be individually ticketed, you don't have to buy a ticket for the whole weekend, you can pick and mix as you please subject to availability.

We have a website at www.crewe-steampunk-convivial.co.uk  and a facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/The-Crewe-Steampunk-Convivial-438297533028895/ with lots of photographs and details.

Friday night we have a Welcome Party at the Crosville Social Club. This has a capacity of 300 people in the Main Hall - if that sells out we will use the Smaller Hall for an additional "Overflow Party", it holds 120 people. Tickets will be just £10, and the line up includes Professor Elemental.

Saturday night we have a seriously good Burlesque Show in the Crosville Social Club, MC Miss Jezebel Steele introducing 8 carefully selected Burlesque Acts. Tickets £12. 

Sunday Night is the Grand Masquerade Ball, again at the Crosville Social Club, Tickets £13. Headline act is BB BlackDog.

On Monday there is a choice between the Goodbye Bash at the Crosville Club, headlined by Birthrite, tickets £12, or The Spectacular Steampunk Concert at The Lyceum Theatre, a Victorian / Edwardian classic, with the full BB BLackDog with (tbc) Montague Jacques Fromage III and other supporting acts. Tickets there £15, capacity 677. That event at the Lyceum will be ticketed through the Lyceum Box Office, https://crewelyceum.co.uk/Online/   All other shows we are arranging a ticketing solution via our website using TYG Tickets.

The day time frolics includes Ichabod Steam, Victor & The Bully, other musicians busking, Greg Chapman's Condensed Histories, Ghost Stories, a Dancing Bear, Steam Traction Engine Dougal, The Palace of Curiosities, Picnics, Afternoon Tea, Talks and Slideshows, a Steampunk Market, Games including Croquet, Bowls and Giant Chess, Dance and Burlesque Classes, Film Shows and a Magnificent Flying Machine Competition.

Best wishes
David Smith
morozow
Zeppelin Captain
Russian Federation Russian Federation

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 01:12:11 pm »

Oh you will know, and in Russia - http://zovem.ru/event/the-crewe-steampunk-convivial-62930

Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 09:52:31 pm »

This looks potentially splendid and we will certainly try to be there for at least one day, as it is only about 50 miles from our humble abode.

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
xX_Lee1987_Xx
Deck Hand
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Connoisseur Of Tea's

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 04:01:46 am »

I am actually a Crewe citizen myself so i will definately try and be their over the whole days the event takes place! perhaps i might make some new friends that live in crewe who are also steampunks too! i'll be glad to get myself out of the house and meet new interesting people and to explore the steampunk event itself and have some fun! ^_^ (im good at doing accents etc too if you want a giggle!)

I'm a crewey born and bread! so i guess steampunk is in my DNA? ^_^

“History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.” - Winston Churchill Quotation
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 11:26:37 pm »

We are hoping to get to at least one day of the November Convivial in Crewe, although I'm not sure whether it will be Saturday or Sunday.  Is it on anyone else's agenda?
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Asymetry is the bane of my life

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 09:21:37 am »

We are hoping to get to at least one day of the November Convivial in Crewe, although I'm not sure whether it will be Saturday or Sunday.  Is it on anyone else's agenda?
I'll be trading on both days so do came and say hello.

Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 05:49:24 pm »

Hope to see you there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: