The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 18, 2017, 11:33:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Creating Mad Scientist steampunk outfit  (Read 3873 times)
Prof. Cecily
Snr. Officer
Spain Spain

« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2016, 08:18:07 am »

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen

Precisely that, walking stick!

I remain yours,
Prof. Cecily
Kensington Locke
Officer
United States United States

« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2016, 03:16:05 pm »

For head gear, I was picturing some kind of headband thing (metal/leather), perhaps with cross-pieces, that supported a variety of devices (like magnifying glass) on armatures.

This would cause the wearer's hair to stick out in the aforementioned crazy directions, and the gadgetry would add to the steam punk "device-laden" vibe.

Kensington Locke
Officer

« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2016, 03:20:03 pm »

by the way, the use of an apron over regular shirt/wastcoat/pants, rather than lab coat is a good idea. 

I suspect the long white labcoat is a more modern fashion.  Distinctive, but hides most of the victorian era style.

The apron will let all that formal clothing still be seen.
CrazyLee
Deck Hand

« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2016, 02:41:07 am »

Yes, I'm still alive. No, reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

So I have the outfit nearly done, but I need to accessorize, accessorize, accessorize. So, what kind of accessories do you think I should get?

I've been thinking of belt things. Like, holders for flasks and test tubes. Like a row of test tubes on the belt, maybe a bottle of some strange thing hanging from the belt. I have plenty of fake leather lying around, should I make something, or buy it online?
Any links to patterns or ideas would be great!

by the way, the use of an apron over regular shirt/wastcoat/pants, rather than lab coat is a good idea. 

I suspect the long white labcoat is a more modern fashion.  Distinctive, but hides most of the victorian era style.

The apron will let all that formal clothing still be seen.

That was my idea as well. Actually, the Frankenstein style lab coat did supposedly exist in some form at the time. But, just a lab coat doesn't exactly scream steampunk, as it could be any era, from late 19th century to modern day Dr Horrible.

The gears on the airship go round and round, round and round, round and round....
Kensington Locke
Officer

« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2016, 09:35:04 pm »

Imagine building the pockets into the apron.  THis would be practical as you'd want your "tools" while you are working, so putting on the apron gets your tools.

kind of like a full frontal tool belt.

I'd put them up high, like where shirt pockets would be.

walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2016, 10:04:51 pm »

Bandolier of test tubes stoppered with cork and in a few cases sealing wax as well.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: