The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 16, 2017, 07:48:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Infinity Symbol Query  (Read 1058 times)
Cmdr. Storm
Officer
United States United States

« on: February 03, 2016, 09:04:54 am »

Hey There Everyone, as You Know, I'm Getting Ready to Make a Steampunk Backpack and a Question Popped up that i could Use some Help with:Would the Infinity Symbol be Considered Steampunk? or Used in Steampunk? Unsure so i Thought I'd ask All of You. I'm Thinking i Might try to Paint the Infinity Symbol on my Pack But Didn't want to if it's Not Allowed. Please respond when able. and Thanks For Looking.
selectedgrub
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 09:08:25 am »

Do it in chainlinks.

Maets
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 10:18:28 am »

Steampunk has infinite possibilities, so of course the symbol would be appropriate.

Cmdr. Storm
Officer

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 10:40:40 am »

Thanks, That's what i was Wondering about.
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 11:08:12 am »

Hey There Everyone, as You Know, I'm Getting Ready to Make a Steampunk Backpack and a Question Popped up that i could Use some Help with:Would the Infinity Symbol be Considered Steampunk? or Used in Steampunk? Unsure so i Thought I'd ask All of You. I'm Thinking i Might try to Paint the Infinity Symbol on my Pack But Didn't want to if it's Not Allowed. Please respond when able. and Thanks For Looking.

I'll just get out "The big book of what is and isn't steampunk." You know the one that you were issued with at the orientation seminar, you remember; just before lunch on the second day right after hat doffing 101. Hmmmmm. page 271. Infinity symbols, infinity symbols..... ah! 15 to 16 century so your absolutely fine.....

Cheesy

Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 10:16:26 pm »

I believe the Mobius strip was discovered in the 1850's. Can't get more steampunk than that!

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

the dragon's called Salmacis

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 08:33:11 pm »

I'm not a fan of the infinity symbol in modern use. Kids over here in holland refer to it as the "yolo symbol" and the "swag symbol" which i find annoying.
In steampunk and well done, it could be a nice touch that i think can fit! Why not?

"Crazy pseudo-scot living in a fantasy world"
RJBowman
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 10:08:41 pm »

As long as you paint it gold and glue some gears to it.
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 10:14:56 pm »

*screams of horror*
Cmdr. Storm
Officer

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 07:39:55 am »

I'm NOT planning to Glue gears on it, Because I'm Unsure if Some of the stores in My Area Carry them,besides, i have Ms. Tin-Tin to worry about if i have Gears around. I'm going to see where i can Find a Stencil for the Infinity Symbol, barring that, i may Use a Stamp for it or go to Plan 3.
Prof. Cecily
Snr. Officer
Spain Spain

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 07:54:24 am »

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen.
Who is ms Tin-tin and why would she object to gears?
She's not into Steampunk One Upmanship, is she?

I remain yours,
Prof. Cecily

Cmdr. Storm
Officer

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 08:03:26 am »

FYI, Ms. Tin-Tin is the Family Cat, just a Year old and as much Fun as a Young Child, She'd be Batting About & Chasing Any Gears i'd have Laying around. That's Why i Wouldn't Leave Gears Laying about. I'm Planning for the Infinity Symbol to be Painted or Otherwise Applied to my Backpack when i Make it.
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2016, 03:37:55 pm »

*screams of horror*

I love it when you scream. Lets try another one; Steampunk has been well defined and people can be easily placed as "in" or "out". If you find yourself "outside" steampunk then there is a well trodden yet intricate path to find yourself "inside" again. Cheesy
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2016, 05:19:20 pm »

*screams of horror*

I love it when you scream. Lets try another one; Steampunk has been well defined and people can be easily placed as "in" or "out". If you find yourself "outside" steampunk then there is a well trodden yet intricate path to find yourself "inside" again. Cheesy

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Atterton
Time Traveler

Only The Shadow knows

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2016, 06:33:09 pm »

Nah, steampunk is like a Moebius strip, you are always inside. You just don't know it.

How about using an ourobous instead of an infinity symbol?

Resurrectionist and freelance surgeon.
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2016, 11:55:05 am »

*screams of horror*

Quote from: Caledonian

WoW this is addictive. Just one more then the cold turkey! Ummm OH I've got one!

If someone "In" steampunk has been there longer or looks better than you; then they ARE better than you and you should think and act accordingly.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 11:56:43 am by Clym Angus » Logged
Hektor Plasm
Zeppelin Captain

All-Round Oddfellow.

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2016, 05:08:47 pm »

*screams of horror*

WoW this is addictive. Just one more then the cold turkey! Ummm OH I've got one!

If someone "In" steampunk has been there longer or looks better than you; then they ARE better than you and you should think and act accordingly.

I'm not sure I like your tweed, Sir!!!
 Grin

HP

"all die! o, the embarrassment."
H Plasm Esq. ICUE    Avatar by and with kind permission of Dr Geof. Ta!!

Some musings:-
http://hektorplasm.blogspot.co.uk/
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2016, 07:49:14 pm »

*screams of horror*

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I'm going to lose my voice at this rate
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2016, 09:50:35 pm »

Heaven forfend!

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
frances
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2016, 11:02:15 pm »

Here goes:

There is a place for everyone in the steampunk hierarchy.  You had better look up to those who are your superior and make snide comments to those who are lower than you are.  That is the only way to maintain your position and get on. Keep spending lots on your outfits so that more people will admire you. (!)
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2016, 09:14:06 am »

Here goes:

There is a place for everyone in the steampunk hierarchy.  You had better look up to those who are your superior and make snide comments to those who are lower than you are.  That is the only way to maintain your position and get on. Keep spending lots on your outfits so that more people will admire you. (!)

AAAAAAAAAAAAA*cough couch* aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2016, 11:46:50 am »

Here goes:

It's a good thing I'm wearing brown. If you'll excuse me I have a terror borne curmudgeon to exact and laundry duties to perform.
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2016, 12:04:29 pm »

Here goes:

It's a good thing I'm wearing brown. If you'll excuse me I have a terror borne curmudgeon to exact and laundry duties to perform.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: