The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 11, 2017, 11:54:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Board Game - "Trickerion: Legends of Illusion"  (Read 397 times)
Ceir
Officer
United States United States

« on: January 30, 2016, 11:33:11 pm »

Picked up a copy of Trickerion from my FLGS yesterday, and even with half a dummy game under my belt, I'm rather loving it. Might be up some folks' various alleys here.

Mechanically, it's a mashup of several Euro-style mechanics, scoring points via placing workers, managing actions and money, and crafting recipes. But the presentation of a frankly very rare theme is what really sold me: the players are magicians competing for fame and glory. Not wizards, there are a lot of games about wizards, but magicians - that is, stage magicians, in a fictional 19th Century Victorian-ish city with a hint of steampunk about it. Hiring crew, buying gear, preparing tricks, and most importantly, performing!

It's a pretty complicated game, and can take a good couple-three hours so it's not a light investment of time, but boy is it pretty. The art's all vintage style, the board is sprawling and expansive, and the characters are really cool-looking. Lots of cards and bits 'n' bobs. I'm definitely looking forward to getting a couple of real games in at the next boardgame night.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: