The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 20, 2018, 10:18:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steampunk in Russia  (Read 10180 times)
morozow
Zeppelin Captain
Russian Federation Russian Federation

« Reply #200 on: December 25, 2017, 08:52:13 pm »

The administration of the Sverdlovsk Governor decided to spend new year holidays in the style of steampunk (steampunk — the direction of science fiction, inspired by the steam energy of the XIX century). In this regard, the residence of the head of the region was embellished with gears, keys, images, complex arrangements and hours. All this is done in preparation for the start of the annual Governor's Christmas trees Monday, December 25. Disassemble holiday decorations only to the end of the Christmas holidays, January 8.

Children's Christmas tree at the residence conducted since 1995, the reason for the styling in this vein, explained the Vice-Governor Pavel Krekov: "the Christmas tree at the Governor's residence is a good tradition. And every time we are preparing for them, we think, than to please you and surprise you. This year's performance is dedicated to ecology and preservation of our nature. I hope that when you will grow, learn and work, you will always remember that you need to protect the planet on which we live."

Baby Christmas holidays in the residence of the Sverdlovsk Governor have been conducted since 1995 since its opening. They are traditionally invited children from large families, orphanages, winners of creative contests and Olympiads.

https://ura.news/news/1052317882

Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?
morozow
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #201 on: January 08, 2018, 09:28:33 pm »

Cult Soviet character - Crocodile Gena. Now in steampunk
morozow
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #202 on: January 11, 2018, 08:47:22 pm »

TV report from the exhibition "Steampunk," or a Parallel reality" in St. Petersburg

The exhibition's title is a pun. In Russian, a "parallel reality" - PAR (steam)

https://topspb.tv/news/2018/01/11/stimpank-puteshestvie-v-parallelnuyu-realnost/

HELEN WILD,curator of the Steampunk, or Parallel reality":

"For example, a wonderful art object, "Time to smile" well-known St. Petersburg artist Viktor Grigoriev. It somewhere 15 years. The exhibition presents work that for 30 years. Most artists don't even know what steampunk are: head, fantasies, and books." The laboratory of the alchemist, the mysterious workshops, a horror area. The exhibition is simultaneously a kind of quest and the basis for thematic hapenning. Concerts, master classes and night of steampunk will be transferred in a parallel reality.
In the nearest plans of St. Petersburg steampunkers humanistic action: to create a huge heart made of old machinery. To evaluate a symbol of love, gears and other clangorous the miracle technology can be up to 23 March.
Synistor 303
Gunner
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #203 on: January 12, 2018, 12:32:41 am »

Oh wow - some really wonderful things there - I would love to see in in person so I could have a proper (longer) look. I particularly liked the airship - it was a real work of art.
morozow
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #204 on: January 12, 2018, 09:07:40 am »

Oh wow - some really wonderful things there - I would love to see in in person so I could have a proper (longer) look. I particularly liked the airship - it was a real work of art.

If I'm not confused, You're talking about the airship? Here is an album of his photographs - https://vk.com/album-70254044_193504497

I also found a short film about this exhibition, which was held in 2014

Стимпанк, или ПАРаллельная реальность
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: