The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 23, 2017, 06:19:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Its a ferry not a fairy - Duck Airship Complete  (Read 1212 times)
RJBowman
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2016, 03:34:14 pm »

Is the duck head on the front so that the real ducks won't be scared?
Maets
Immortal
United States United States

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2016, 01:42:07 pm »

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen.
That's splendid news, sir!

I remain yours,
Prof.Cecily

Thank you kindly.

I am pleased to say that the Duck Airship found a home in Oregon.  Now I just have to ship it.  Too bad it doesn't really fly.
Great news, I'm sure the new owner will be more than happy with their new purchase.

Many thanks.

Is the duck head on the front so that the real ducks won't be scared?

Its a giant decoy?

RJBowman
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2016, 05:49:24 pm »

I was thinking in terms of the fabled Horsey Horseless car:

The wooden horse head was supposed to fool skittish horses that were afraid of the new horseless carriages. Presumably, the horses would mistake the cars for carriages drawn by rumbling backfiring horses.
Maets
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2016, 06:07:25 pm »

I was not aware of that "invention". 

Thanks.
creagmor
Zeppelin Captain
South Africa South Africa

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2016, 07:32:10 pm »

Good sir, I remember in An American in Paris where Gene Kelly says "to an artist it's the original that counts". Do you ever miss any of the wonderful creations you have sold, or do you keep the best ones for yourself?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 07:34:11 pm by creagmor » Logged

“Love is an emotional thing, and whatever is emotional is opposed to that cold true reason which I place above all things.” Sherlock Holmes, in The Sign of Four.
Maets
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2016, 09:08:04 pm »

Good sir, I remember in An American in Paris where Gene Kelly says "to an artist it's the original that counts". Do you ever miss any of the wonderful creations you have sold, or do you keep the best ones for yourself?

I really don't miss anything that I have made.  For me it is the creating that I love most.  Selling a piece allows me to, in fact requires me to make a replacement.  I have a number of pieces at home, but everything is for sale.

Thanks
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: