The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 21, 2017, 09:24:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Junk: A Tale Of Gluttony Elevated At The Level Of Grossness  (Read 506 times)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« on: January 20, 2016, 03:06:49 am »

The Term ''Junk Food'' Take All His Sens:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=17j9FlXvUjI

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 02:01:45 pm »

I am unsure I'm entirely comfortable with the message this is sending out about mental illness.....

And that doctor should be struck off.

chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 11:09:15 pm »

Good Point ! Wink
Bines
Gunner
United States United States

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 04:48:21 am »

I didn't see it as being about pica, any other mental illness, poor nutrition in developed nations, wanton waste or consumerism. The guy liked to eat junk. He died. They buried him in a junkyard. Lots of people like to be buried or have their ashes spread in places they enjoyed in life.  

The argument could be made that the story was about consumption and it was consumption that consumed him, I suppose.

What struck me as odd was that the ship's propeller was half out the water. That's not very efficient.
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 06:19:53 pm »

As soon as the media is free it is open to the incalculable terror of individual interpretation.

On the plus side I didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling about watching a child kill themselves, so there is probably hope for me yet.

The darkest horrors of the world are only an interpretation away. You should see what I can get out of Paddington Bear...... Pure filth.
Bines
Gunner
United States United States

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 01:37:24 am »

Now I want marmalade.
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 03:57:04 pm »

Oh I'd forgotten about the marmalade. There is a thought......
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: