The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 21, 2017, 01:16:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Time Period Do YOU Belong In?  (Read 1406 times)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« on: December 12, 2015, 10:09:43 pm »

The Test:
http://www.auntyacid.com/2015/12/06/which-time-period-do-you-belong-in/

Me:

Medieval Ireland

You belong in Medieval Ireland (400–1400 AD). You value tradition, family, and honor. You are strong and resilient, and you believe in doing what's right. There is a softness inside of you, but you reveal that only to those closest to you. Hard work and equality are essential to you, and you're not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 10:53:06 pm »

Medieval Ireland

Will Howard
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 11:29:42 pm »

I, too, got Medieval Ireland.  Neat.  But that IS the place part of my family couldn't get out of quickly enough!

"I'm a Barbarian by choice, not ancestry..."
Prof Marvel
Zeppelin Captain

learn from history, or be doomed to repeat it

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 03:39:04 am »

I scored Revolutionary America (1765–1783 AD) ,

which amusingly, Is one of my favorite Rondyvooz/Re-enactment time periods...

my preferred eras these days are predominantly F&I War, Fur Trade, pre-Civil War, and Steamy Victorian.

altho I can no longer abide sleeping on the ground....

yhs
prof mvl

Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of
Professor Marvel's Traveling Apothecary and Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods, and Picture Postcards
Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions and Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 04:02:01 am »

I could live with  stone castles, lakes and  storms rolling in of a medieval Ireland
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 06:02:01 am »

I, too:
"You belong in Medieval Ireland (400–1400 AD). You value tradition, family, and honor. You are strong and resilient, and you believe in doing what's right. There is a softness inside of you, but you reveal that only to those closest to you. Hard work and equality are essential to you, and you're not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done."

Essential me.
Cmdr. Storm
Officer

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 06:11:24 am »

i scored Victorian England. Rather Interesting when You think about it,but Cool none the less.i once went to a site that was kinda Steampunk. pm me if you want the Address.
Prof. Cecily
Snr. Officer
Spain Spain

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 10:00:20 am »

Good morning,ladies and gentlemen.
You belong in Ancient Rome (753 BC–476 AD). Powerful, confident, and bursting with passion, you are a force to be reckoned with! You value cleanliness and order, and you know how to get a job done. You strive for excellence, and you're always looking for ways to improve yourself. You might be hard-working and serious, but boy, do you know how to throw a party.

I remain yours,
Prof. Cecily
Professor Ross
Snr. Officer

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2015, 04:15:03 pm »

1920s New York. Hmmm... not sure I'd really like it there.

dixi
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

the dragon's called Salmacis

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2015, 04:40:21 pm »

mideaval ireland.
I can live with that.
please.
can I?

"Crazy pseudo-scot living in a fantasy world"
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2015, 06:06:44 pm »

Victorian England.
Well at least I get to keep my glasses so I can see what's going on.

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Arabella Periscope
Zeppelin Captain

Edwardian summer

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2015, 01:57:33 am »

Victorian England. Now the secret is out about the corset.

Kenneth: 'If you're so hot, you can tell me how to say she has ideas above her station.'
Brian:'Oh yes, I forgot. It's fairly easy, old boy.
Elle a des idees au-dessus de sa gare.'
Kenneth: 'Idiot.  It's not that kind of station.'

Terence Rattigan 'French Without Tears.'
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2015, 08:22:32 pm »

Hmm, hit a problem with the first question - what do you buy at the yard sale? There isn't an option for everything. (I could convert the cigarette case into a holder for sleeping draught darts - you never know when they will come in handy...)

Yours,
Miranda.

Edit - the results are in:

"You belong in Renaissance Italy (1300–1500 AD). There is nothing you treasure more than beauty and intelligence. You love learning new things, and you enjoy a good challenge. You appreciate the past, but you're eager for new discoveries. You are cultured, passionate, and refined. "

Not at all sure about that last bit   Wink

Anyway, Chicar - many thanks for sharing.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 08:32:33 pm by Miranda.T » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2015, 09:00:14 pm »

You belong in Revolutionary America (1765–1783 AD). You are strong, scrappy, and brave. When you set a goal, you're willing to do whatever it takes to achieve it. You believe in goodness and equality, and you're willing to suffer today to make tomorrow better. You value tradition, but you're eager to try and do new things.

Somewhat close to the trruth, I suppose.

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Governor
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2015, 10:52:04 pm »

Victorian England.

You belong in the Victorian era (1837–1901 AD). Proper and poised, you are full of grace, charm, and beauty. You appreciate the finer things in life, and you value high morals. Some might think you're a snob - but you can't help it if you have class! When the setting is right, you like to loosen your corset and have a good time, but that's your little secret.

Not sure about "Proper and poised, you are full of grace, charm, and beauty" - more like "Rough as a badger's arse, but look good enough wearing a top hat and morning coat"...  Wink

[Server Prayer]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
pakled
Zeppelin Captain

Minions Local 305, at your thervice!

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2015, 04:25:57 am »

Medieval Ireland...again? My Scots ancestors are rolling in their graves. It must have been picking the stew that did it...Wink
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Board Moderator
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2015, 08:36:48 pm »

The questionnaire placed me in Revolutionary America. As a devout Monarchist, I can only assume the questionnaire hates me for some reason...

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2015, 04:49:18 am »

You could still be a Monarchist in Revolutionary America - just not very popular!
Prof. Cecily
Snr. Officer
Spain Spain

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2015, 09:11:11 am »

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen.
I just took the quiz pre-morning coffee and got
You belong in the Victorian era (1837–1901 AD). Proper and poised, you are full of grace, charm, and beauty. You appreciate the finer things in life, and you value high morals. Some might think you're a snob - but you can't help it if you have class! When the setting is right, you like to loosen your corset and have a good time, but that's your little secret.

After morning coffee, I got ancient Rome.
I daresay this means something significant. Once I've had my coffee, I'll thinkabout it.

I remain yours,
Prof. Cecily
W. S. Marble
Snr. Officer

Gravatar

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2015, 01:03:05 am »

I was beginning to think there were only about five or six possible answers, but mine came back as "You belong in the trade delegations to Japan during the Meiji Restoration.  You are not afraid of death, but you are pretty much afraid of everything else.  You think you can master languages of all types with little preparation, but you are about to learn otherwise.  Indoor plumbing means a great deal to you; but you make poor life decisions that ignore this very integral personal goal."
Prof Marvel
Zeppelin Captain

learn from history, or be doomed to repeat it

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2015, 08:28:38 am »

I tried it again, deliberately choosing an odd mix ( well, odd to me) of the following choices:
SILK SCARF
MINIMALIST HOUSE
IT IS BY WAY OF PAIN ...
WHO NEEDS CELL PHONES
GRILLED FISH
LOOSE AND COMFY OUTFIT
JEWELS
FOX

at it produced this:

You belong in Feudal Japan (1185–1573 AD). Nothing matters more to you than pride, honor, and refinery. You are elegant, graceful, and a lover of nature. You value the arts, but you're a fighter too. History and tradition matter greatly to you, and you hold tight to the past. You are gentle and cautious, but strong and resilient.

the mind boggles....

yhs
教授の驚異  (Kyōju no kyōi)
19th Century Space Pilot
Snr. Officer

Cererean
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2015, 03:55:29 pm »

I got Victorian England. Perhaps it was picking the townhouse and pocketwatch that did it?

Also, monarchists weren't *that* uncommon in revolutionary America. Though they generally moved north.

Anyway, I did it again, this time picking the stew instead of the pastry, and got Medieval Ireland.

Now for some shameless self promotion... http://needsmoremarshmallows.blogspot.co.uk/

- Aetheric Aviatrix
Will Howard
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2016, 02:00:00 am »

mideaval ireland.
I can live with that.
please.
can I?

Think of the cupcakes with green shamrock icing that you could make!  Since I got medieval Ireland as well, I'd certainly be a customer of your bakery!
Inflatable Friend
Zeppelin Admiral
Italy Italy

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2016, 08:59:51 pm »

I had a rather different set of answers to Prof Marvel but I to received Feudal Japan.

Won't complain about that, plenty of tea to go around.
Keith_Beef
Snr. Officer
France France

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2016, 10:54:06 pm »

For me: Ancient Rome… how odd.

--
Keith
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: