The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 19, 2017, 08:14:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Graphic violence.  (Read 759 times)
automaton53
Swab

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: December 09, 2015, 05:59:14 pm »

Hi to everyone. I'm new to these forums and relatively new to steampunk, having read just a few stories so far. The problem I have is with graphic violence. I can't stand lots of blood and gore in stories and I'm just wondering if any of you guys out there could point me in the right direction for further suitable reading material or, alternatively, of what to avoid?
Many thanks in anticipation.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

https://rangerreid.wordpress.com/

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 06:08:39 pm »

I will offer this advice, please take it at face value.  Look for teen fiction.   Use teen or pg13 in your search terms for new fiction.    I think there are a lot of really compelling stories out there written for that age group, and they leave out the hard core blood and stuff.

Rick Riorden writes a lot of stories that I truly enjoy.   I got in to them because my son was buying them. 

automaton53
Swab

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 08:09:20 pm »

Thank you so much for that advice, I really appreciate it. Looks like I know what I'll be doing with myself this evening.  Smiley
Drew P
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 06:36:15 am »

Go to the Textual thread area.....it's all about books 'n things. Smiley

Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: