The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 20, 2017, 06:52:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ace of The Duck Pond The Good Doctor.  (Read 5322 times)
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler
United States United States

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #225 on: November 22, 2015, 08:30:18 am »

Jace did not have the best grip but that was not going to stop her from taking a large swig from the bottle.  "Not bad.at all." She said warmth spreading from her belly.  "Oh lord what us that?"  Jace had many suspicions but none of them good.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #226 on: November 22, 2015, 02:49:18 pm »

"If that's supposed to be a mine,  it's a damned crude one," Al said, between bites of reuben sandwich.

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

https://rangerreid.wordpress.com/

« Reply #227 on: November 22, 2015, 03:16:05 pm »

Liam look at the box critically.   He could smell the stench of foul magic from 4 feet away.  He walked over and prodded gently at the box.  As he did he also subtly probed it with his talent.  Everyone was watching so he made sure not to show when the fatigue hit.   

"It is several things at once." he said, " yes, a crude explosive, but also something here to nuetralize magic."  Liam had to be careful how much he let on, he was sure he hadn't let anyone see his work, but the vamp had called him hunter.   How she had guessed that would need explaining.

"I think this would only have knocked us out, including those with special abilities.  But someone more versed in the arcane would have to took at it."

Seeing the doctor stand start towards the box, Liam quickly added "Someone we TRUST" and slid the box quickly over to Wilfred.

Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #228 on: November 22, 2015, 05:33:28 pm »

"Boobytraping bastards."  Jace said taking another swig. She wanted to get up and make sure they were safe but her legs were a bit locked up.  The best Jace could manage was wiggling them about.  "Be careful."   Jace eyed the doctor weary.  "Did you know that was there?" 

"No.  Do you think I wish to die?l. He said offended.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #229 on: November 22, 2015, 05:58:46 pm »

Al set down his sandwich, reached for a bottle, and took it, then realized he needed an opener*. Still supporting Jacie, he put the bottle down on the table, then reached into his flight suit; sensing the changes in tension around him, he unsnapped the retaining strap on the colt in its shouder holster, and removed a jacknife from his breast pocket all in one fluid motion. Using an old trick he'd learned as a boy, he pried open the bottle-and-can-opener on the jacknife with his free hand, and managed to pop the top on the bottle one-handed. He took a swig, grimaced as he realized it was a Filipino brand of beer, and swallowed. not the best, but it was wet at least.

"Just what we need, an explosive knock-out drop," He said. He eyed the Doc for a moment. "Don't wan't to die... Just what is it you do want to do, Doc?" he said finally.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #230 on: November 22, 2015, 07:48:00 pm »

They knew somehow.  That vamp and the hunter had forced his hand.  They were getting hostile and if he wanted to get out of this alive measures would have to be taken. He shifted hiding what looked like a length of pipe up his sleeve.  " I hired you to get me to my amarican contacts and that is all I wish.  I was told you would honor your contracts until the end but that has proved incorrect and so I am forced to hold you to your word."  His hands were around Jace's neck hauling her away from Al as quick as a snake strike.  The pipe slid from his sleeve and bound her neck.  "You forced me in to this."  He said as Jace went slack in his hands.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #231 on: November 22, 2015, 07:54:58 pm »

Liam drew his pistol so fast the burlap bag almost smouldered.   He pointed the pistol at the doctor.

"Donna, do I kill him?"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #232 on: November 22, 2015, 08:34:49 pm »

"I wouldn't if I was you"  The doctor's smile was cold as Jace stood up blank eyed and shielded him with her body.

Donna burned with anger.  "What did you do to her!"

"She is unharmed and obedient she will remain unharmed unless you force me to do otherwise."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #233 on: November 22, 2015, 09:03:36 pm »

Meri cocked her head to one side "In my homeworld, people often took a wound for the better of the cause." She did not pull steel or bring out a pistol, and although the tips of her fangs coukd be seen when she spoke, she kept herself calm and flatfooted, arms folded and a look of disdain on her face.

"pardon my juxtaposition of roles," she said, the disdain sliding into a smirk as she spoke, "but are you really planning to hide behind a woman? Seems to me a Lord of the Black Cross should be more courageous, no? I merely suspected before; I was confused, but now I am certain. You are a renegade leader of that organization, aren't you? You have the scent I was taught to recognize; it's almost gone, you've masked it well, but I can smell a dark or light scent through a lead brick wall."

Al already had his gun out, almost as quickly as Liam, and was fingering the khukri's hilt. "Wherever you go, whatever you do, I'll track you down and make your last moments a living hell," he said, his voice level and deadly.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 09:12:22 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #234 on: November 22, 2015, 09:53:21 pm »

The doctor laughed in a way that held no humor.  "That pretty necklace was ment for you vampire but the captain is a far better instrument.  That's why they destroyed your master they thought you were going to fall to me and could not bear to give me such a tool."

Donna was utterly horrified.  "Give her back!  She protected you and you let that mad man fry her.  Jace laid down her life for you don't give a fig.  God dammed bastard."
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #235 on: November 22, 2015, 09:59:54 pm »

Liam  calculated the angle.  He could shoot the necklace easily.  And with his bullets the magic would not stop it.  But he was unsure how deeply the doctor's compulsion necklace held Jace.   Her powers could affect the shot.

Better to play this out while he worked on his other idea.

"You have us.  So you said this was to 'force us to go through with helping you'.    What do you want?"

Liam walked over to the box and sat on it.  He purposely twisted as he did so the blood would start from his wound again.

"Donna, he said weakly,  i am bleeding.   Can someone bandage it again"

Liam let his wounded arm hang limp against the box.   This would be high theater, but it just might work.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #236 on: November 22, 2015, 10:19:25 pm »

"Would that bauble bind me? I wonder..." Meri said as she noticed Liam's scent. Nervous excitement, and ozone? Subterfuge and Talent, is it? I applaud you, Master Hunter, Meri thought as she began to consider how to wheedle the Doctor's focus; if they played this right, and split the man's attention, he might never notice whatever it was the young mechanic was doing.

"those pathetic shock seals didn't work, why would the necklace do it?" the shape of the Ta Chi's hilt slowly emerged from a shadow next to her left hip, as she made her voice into a venomous hiss. it was melodramatic to her own way of thinking, but she'd noticed people expected such stereotypical actions of her, since she was a vampire. It was a risky attention-getter, but Donna and her would-be paramour needed a supporting distraction...

Al wasn't entirely sure what was going on, but kept his gun up, though he did let the hammer back down ever so slowly. It would be fine, he could fan the hammer back in a flash if need be. Meri caught his eye across the tableaux, and it was as if a voice screamed WAIT! DON'T SHOOT! in his head.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

The werewolf Airship Captain.

« Reply #237 on: November 22, 2015, 10:56:12 pm »

"Well this looks my cue to exit." Wilfred said turning and leaving, He was halfway across the hanger to the door when he stop, his hand coming out with a round object in his hand, he pulled out the pin, released the primer cord and tossed it over his shoulder so that in landed under Jace and the doctor. He turned back and walked over to the hanger door and stood by it.
"Just a little parting gift for you." and smiled as the doctor turned to run pushing jace away. something caught on the necklace he had put on jace causing it to snap and they flew in opposite directions.

I suffer from a random misfiring synapse and a bad case of wolfen the turns me into a seven-foot-tall werewolf or a seven-foot great wolf!
https://dragon-rehoming-centre.myshopify.com/
http://purbry.wordpress.com
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #238 on: November 23, 2015, 12:42:52 am »

"JACE!" Al roared, and dashed forward, shoving the colt into his hip flightsuit pocket (the hip pockets of the new model suits were notoriously deep), and dove for Jace, catching her in mid-fall, rolling over to shield her, the Colt crunching into his pelvis as he did so. It hurt, but it would have hurt worse if he hadn't caught her and she were hurt. He came up, painfully, carrying Jace in his arms, and limped behind a 50 gallon drum of motor oil, setting her down so that it shielded her from teh impending blast;  knowing the grenade would go off any second, he threw himself on top of it.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 12:46:24 am by MWBailey » Logged
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #239 on: November 23, 2015, 01:18:01 am »

Liam kicked the box backwards away from the grenade and tackled Donna, landing on top of her behind a crate.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #240 on: November 23, 2015, 01:32:48 am »

Out of the corner of her eye Donna saw Al dive and could do nothing to stop him.  Tears in her eyes she pressed against some crates in the corner wondering what she would do if neither Jace or Al made it out alive.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #241 on: November 23, 2015, 01:39:06 am »

As the seconds slipped away, Liam began to wonder if the grenade had been a dud.  Just in case, he drew his pistol.  No way the doctor would get a second chance at his friends.

On a crazy impulse, he kissed Donna on the cheek and rolled away.  He could just see the top of the doctor's head sticking above a crate.  Bastard was still hiding.

In slow motion, the young man smiled and fired.   There was a brilliant flash, but not from the grenade............   the doctor had been protected somehow.    The protection had failed though as the Sacred round had shattered through the barrier. 

Liam could see a splattering of blood on the back wall.   He didn't think he had killed the man, but maybe having his hair parted with a projectile would slow the fiend down a little.

The thought was so pleasing that for a millisecond he forgot about the unexploded ordinance under his friends.

CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

The werewolf Airship Captain.

« Reply #242 on: November 23, 2015, 07:14:14 am »

Wilfred smiled as he drew his revolver and walked back into the hanger. Keeping the weapon trained on the doctor he walked over to the grenade, picked it up and dropped it into a pocket. He walked over to where the doctor was laying and waited for the others to decide if it was safe to come out of cover.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #243 on: November 23, 2015, 01:17:47 pm »

Al, realizing that either he was dead and laying facedown in purgatory,  or that something was dodgy about the grenade, had rolled over and away from it, to find it un-detonated. He realized tbat the grip lever was still attached at about the moment that Wilffed picked it up. He chuckled, then laughed. "A damned dummy!" He remembered Jace, then, and iumped up and limped over to her behind the oil drum.

"Jace? Jace! You OK? Talk to me, Jace. Wakey-wakey..." He began to sound worried...
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #244 on: November 23, 2015, 03:23:34 pm »

There was a voice in her head that drowned out everything else in pounding commands.  When the necklace was broken that voice screamed so loud that everything turned white.   Jace came back like a drowned woman gasping Al tightly and breathing in gasps.  "Keep the voice away."  She pleaded at Al

Donna let out a sigh as the tension faded. She turned to Liam. "Did you get him?"
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 04:28:13 pm by Stella Gaslight » Logged
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #245 on: November 23, 2015, 05:19:09 pm »

"I think I got his attention.   Not sure which hurt the bastard more, having his hair parted, or having his shielding shattered.   Either way, he should be less of a problem for a bit.  Someone might tie him up just the same."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #246 on: November 23, 2015, 08:08:51 pm »

"It's Ok, jace hon, Aint no voices here but the regular ones." Al held her close and stroked her hair gently. "Ain't gonna let nobody hurt you..."
----
"Very touching," Meri said, "I do sympathize. Their methods are despicable. However, we have the specific culprit in hand; I'd be happy to eat him and let everyone watch, but perhaps some interrogation is in order."

she had the doctor tied in a chair from the office in nothing flat. "If you struggle, the rope becomes tighter. If you use magic, the noose tightens. It took me seven months to learn that trick."
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 08:17:19 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #247 on: November 24, 2015, 12:16:39 am »

Jace much to her own embarrassment clung to him crying like a little girl.  "The echoes won't stop."

"They won't for a good long time."  The doctor said softly.  He was playing for time until he could repair his shields and trigger the white out bomb the Hunter had found.  With the shield up he could come out with his wits intact.   Every time he spoke Jace clutched at her ears tho it did little to help the roar in her head.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #248 on: November 24, 2015, 12:26:33 am »

Liam looked at the doctor sitting against a crate holding a kerchief to his bleeding scalp.

With a voice completely devoid of emotion, he said "I think I should shoot you again."  and raised his pistol. 
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #249 on: November 24, 2015, 12:50:28 am »

Donna looked at Jace heartbroken.  Her strong captain was hurting so much and all because this German weasel with no honor wanted to used them as disposable armor.  "Take his knee caps.  We can't kill him until we know the bastard isn't going to take Jace with him. When we know then we can feed him to Meri slowly."  Her voice was cold and left no doubt she was planning on doing just that.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: