The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 18, 2017, 08:44:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miniature steampunk airships, buildings and vehicles (kits) on Kickstarter  (Read 1278 times)
Crescat Scientia
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Fabricator and temporally confused.

« on: October 24, 2015, 07:15:58 pm »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/renaissanceminiature/victorian-steampunk-terrain-and-road-river-tiles-i

I am not in any way affiliated with Kickstarter or this company.

Renaissance Miniatures is a company that makes prepainted wooden kits for structures for tabletop roleplaying games in a 28mm scale (Where a human is about 28mm tall.  This is standard for games like Dungeons & Dragons).

They have successfully completed and fulfilled four earlier Kickstarters.

Their current Kickstarter is for "Victorian/SteamPunk Terrain & Road/River Tiles in 28mm".

It is based on Victorian London and is suitable for Sherlock Holmes as well as Steampunk.

So far buildings include a fine red brick home based on Charles Babbage's, a stately white Georgian townhouse based on Ada Lovelace's, a replica of the Dorset Street Ten Bells pub where Jack the Ripper's victims drank, two sizes of tenement buildings, and railway viaducts.  There are also airships, train cars, double decker buses, hansom cabs and other street traffic (at this scale the vehicles get a little cartoony but I find them adorable).  There are also paved streets and park and river pieces.

I have assembled a number of this company's earlierkits.  They are slotted on the edges to help them go together firmly.  They only require white glue and a craft knife, and a little patience.  The results are attractive and fun.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 07:26:45 pm by Crescat Scientia » Logged

Living on steam isn't easy.
-- Jessica Fortunato

Have you heard?  It's in the stars, next July we collide with Mars.
-- Cole Porter

That's not sinister at all.
-- Old family saying
Crescat Scientia
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 03:12:18 pm »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/renaissanceminiature/victorian-steampunk-terrain-and-road-river-tiles-i/posts/1393181

New mad science stretch goals, including a factory-laboratory, a "time vault", and a train car on mechanical legs.
Crescat Scientia
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 01:02:43 pm »

Just about to enter the last week.  Some cute free bonuses, including a tiny outhouse and miniature hansom cab.
Prof. Cecily
Snr. Officer
Spain Spain

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 10:10:30 am »

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen.
What lovely little objects. I may have to indulge myself here!

I remain yours,
Prof. Cecily

Crescat Scientia
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 07:13:35 pm »

I love the ornithopter, the Pitts Sky Car, and the Santos-Dumont #6 Airship.
Crescat Scientia
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 04:43:20 pm »

New unlocked stretch goals: the ominous, formerly abandoned Trubblat Mill; an ambulatory train car on mechanical legs(!); and some lovely gear-and-scrollwork props.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/renaissanceminiature/victorian-steampunk-terrain-and-road-river-tiles-i/posts/1407963

ETA:  The creators say all the gears on these objects are functional, not merely decorative.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 05:18:41 pm by Crescat Scientia » Logged
Crescat Scientia
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2015, 06:47:48 pm »

Final eight hours!
GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 05:51:04 pm »

Does this craftsperson have a non-Kickstarter site, where one may peruse and purchase the items outright?
Inflatable Friend
Zeppelin Admiral
Italy Italy

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 09:14:30 pm »

Her Kickstarter bio lists https://renaissanceminiatures.com as her website.
The store seems to be down while they focus on fulfilling Kickstarter orders though. Sometimes success can be problematic. (Though I hope I have that kind of problem when I launch my Kickstarter!)
GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2016, 11:15:37 pm »

Got it bookmarked, now. Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: