The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 15, 2017, 08:57:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ace Of The Duck Pond an alternate history deaslpunkish game occ and start up  (Read 8563 times)
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler
United States United States

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #325 on: December 27, 2015, 05:41:50 pm »

Because Jace now knows she can use her mind to save her bacon she is going to to be a wrecking ball with wings.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

The werewolf Airship Captain.

« Reply #326 on: December 27, 2015, 09:32:28 pm »

I haven't given advanced warning because i envision pilots looking confused then flying around the streams, trying to rack up a higher kill tally then others.

I suffer from a random misfiring synapse and a bad case of wolfen the turns me into a seven-foot-tall werewolf or a seven-foot great wolf!
https://dragon-rehoming-centre.myshopify.com/
http://purbry.wordpress.com
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

https://rangerreid.wordpress.com/

« Reply #327 on: December 27, 2015, 09:36:43 pm »

I haven't given advanced warning because i envision pilots looking confused then flying around the streams, trying to rack up a higher kill tally then others.

I would like to have       Liam and the time rift     be something I resolve at the end of this conflict,   

so maybe something with the energy weapons being used?  I am open to ideas on how the rift occurs.

Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #328 on: December 27, 2015, 09:54:37 pm »

It could be multiple energy weapon hits at the same time as the ghost ships fire something big and maybe even hitting the dog and interacting with the stations own energy Donna is calling on.  It crosses the streams and then everything goes wrong.  We could end up with one hell of a boom that way.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #329 on: December 27, 2015, 09:59:13 pm »

Mr Ried, Have you forgotten about the other shard on the ship?
I haven't taken it anywhere because wilfred is well sat in the brigg deep in though and ignoring everyone around him.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #330 on: December 27, 2015, 10:03:50 pm »

For what it's worth (if anything)
Meri's "hole in time" was in the midst of a titanic thunderstorm that she fell into after being driven off of the edge of the observation deck of the airship that her hell galleon was attacking (she and a force of lower-level vamps and thralls  from her ship had attacked as a boarding party). The actual "hole in time" was literally a hole, filled with blackness and ringed by purple "flames".

Not sure if the rift works the same way as or in conjunction with teh hole in time (I see the hole as just that, a Space/Time wormhole); Meri is not a splinter of a whole, so perhaps the rift is part of a different or related phenomenon.

Recuperating from overindulging in andouille gumbo last night; will be taking a siesta as soon as I have Al cover Jace's tail.

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #331 on: December 27, 2015, 10:20:51 pm »

I haven't taken it anywhere because wilfred is well sat in the brigg deep in though and ignoring everyone around him.

I didn't know if we ever put that in to the story or just discussed it here.   Did we ever establish it in the main story?
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #332 on: December 27, 2015, 10:23:03 pm »

(pardon teh double post)

*The deck: standard navy/marine air jargon for teh ground, or rather, collectively the lowest thing below the aircrsft (be it an actual deck, the ground, or a body of water); Al is telling Jace to fly as low as possible.

CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #333 on: December 27, 2015, 10:54:15 pm »

I didn't know if we ever put that in to the story or just discussed it here.   Did we ever establish it in the main story?
I think it was mentioned in the OOC only

(pardon teh double post)

*The deck: standard navy/marine air jargon for teh ground, or rather, collectively the lowest thing below the aircrsft (be it an actual deck, the ground, or a body of water); Al is telling Jace to fly as low as possible.

Did I goof and say "The Deck" as apposed to "our Deck"?
IF I did then please excuse the typo.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #334 on: December 28, 2015, 01:25:46 am »

No goof on your part; I was trying to avoid confusion between Al telling Jace to "head for the deck" (as in the rather cliche'd expression "hit the deck!", which is very nearly literally the same (and also originates from the Marines/Navy), save that in the latter case it refers to people jumping to a prone position to avoid getting hit by flying projectiles or shrapnel.

So no, it was only obliquely related to your post. Sorry if I seemed to be jumping on you. Smiley
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 02:58:05 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #335 on: December 28, 2015, 01:54:12 am »

I think it was mentioned in the OOC only

Then I think we could let that one go.   I have it in my head that with the two Liams we have one will sacrifice himself to seal the time breach and the other will live.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #336 on: December 28, 2015, 02:17:22 am »

No goof on your part; I was trying to avoid confusion between Al telling Jace to "head for teh deck" (as in teh rathe rcliche'd expression "hit the deck!", which is very nearly literally the same (and also originates from the Marines/Navy), save that in the latter case it refers to people jumping to a prone position to avoid getting hit by flying projectiles or shrapnel.

So no, it was only obliquely related to your post. Sorry if I seemed to be jumping on you. Smiley

Just realized I didn't actually finish the statement above. So (edit shown in yellow highlight):

No goof on your part; I was trying to avoid confusion between Al telling Jace to "head for teh deck" (as in teh rathe rcliche'd expression "hit the deck!", which is very nearly literally the same (and also originates from the Marines/Navy), save that in the latter case it refers to people jumping to a prone position to avoid getting hit by flying projectiles or shrapnel), and your post about telling people to get below the level of the battleship's deck.

So no, it was only obliquely related to your post. Sorry if I seemed to be jumping on you.
------------------
Hopefully, that's somewhat clearer.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 02:58:44 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #337 on: December 28, 2015, 02:23:30 am »

what Jace is experiencing is a tractor beam meant to disarm pray.  If anyone can down the ship that is jamming her she will be able to see again but with her being so untrained there are not many ways for her to fight it off on her own.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #338 on: December 28, 2015, 02:43:26 am »

I wonder if Al's solution will come up on Mythbusters some day (watching/listening to Mythbusters reruns right now)...
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #339 on: December 28, 2015, 03:02:07 am »

what Jace is experiencing is a tractor beam meant to disarm pray.  If anyone can down the ship that is jamming her she will be able to see again but with her being so untrained there are not many ways for her to fight it off on her own.

I wrote what I did before seeing this^.

sorry about that. If you want me to rewrite the scene, just let me know.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #340 on: December 28, 2015, 03:57:04 am »

what you wrote is fine.  I wanted to describe why it was happening so it made sense.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #341 on: December 28, 2015, 10:30:30 am »

Are the green beams still hunting Jace?
I'm confused.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #342 on: December 28, 2015, 10:42:16 am »

Al took the ship that had Jace out but I think others are going to go for her now that they have seen that will effect her.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #343 on: December 29, 2015, 02:27:45 am »

Watching The African Queen in color.   Call it research.......
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #344 on: December 29, 2015, 02:42:53 am »

Donna & co.Have some help now, but it may come at a heavy cost in supernaturals' lives.

I can also remove that addition if necessary.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #345 on: December 29, 2015, 03:09:22 am »

No that makes sense that the supernatrals would be called to defend the heart of the station.  What I think is going to happen is the Goliath is going to try and strike down the grove and Donna is going to have the dog take the hit knowing she is most liley going to die.  The power of the station will try and keep the ship together but when the Tempest fires to take down the enemy ship a time warp is created when all three energies mix.  i picture that as everything suddenly slowing down and everyone randomly ageing.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #346 on: December 29, 2015, 10:48:51 am »

Well that was well planned, The Tempest has begun its attack but the shells are not doing much. The Tempest will come about and its large "Ice Breaker" bow blade will open like this (but not as flashy)

Arpeggio of Blue Steel - Super gravity cannon

To reveal It's lightning cannon this will cause serious damage.

The Ice breaker is a reinforced armoured front which in the case of the tempest also act as her figure head.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #347 on: December 31, 2015, 10:28:39 am »

I have stopped there because I'm not sure if you want to have the shards or the grove step in a boost the beam. It let the energy build to supercritical mass.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #348 on: December 31, 2015, 09:57:45 pm »

Jace dosn't have the training to stand against the will of a what is ecentaly a god
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #349 on: January 04, 2016, 06:21:39 pm »

Okay.....   I did my whole "time rift" scenario.

Let me know if it doesn't work for you on something and I will change it.    Otherwise, you can pick what other "Changes" McSwain made.   Whether he set up an escape for the Blue Duck or whatever.   

I think original Liam will wake up in a few posts.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: