The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 16, 2017, 12:07:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ace Of The Duck Pond an alternate history deaslpunkish game occ and start up  (Read 8568 times)
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

The werewolf Airship Captain.

« Reply #250 on: December 06, 2015, 05:49:15 pm »

NO hes not in the hanger, his hanger is a few down.

I suffer from a random misfiring synapse and a bad case of wolfen the turns me into a seven-foot-tall werewolf or a seven-foot great wolf!
https://dragon-rehoming-centre.myshopify.com/
http://purbry.wordpress.com
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #251 on: December 06, 2015, 06:37:51 pm »

There was actually a German cult that worshipped nudity and coconuts I was just reading about and I could not resist useing it.

LOL "I've got a loverly bunch o' coconuts..."

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

https://rangerreid.wordpress.com/

« Reply #252 on: December 06, 2015, 07:05:36 pm »

I  sort of want to relate a story from the old d&d days,,,,

I was playing a grizzled ranger.  High level character, but I always felt like mileage and power would have costs, so like Liam getting weak after using his powers, my ranger had gained lots of power and stuff, but had lost some fingers and limped, and was just really surly.....

One of our regular players started a new character, a young dwarf thief.  He played him as talkative, immature, loud, oblivious, etc.      IN CHARATER, I hated him.    Out of character I laughed at the exchanges.  The funniest one was when my ranger was at his wits end with the noise and talking when we should be sneaking....   So we were wondering if a door was trapped.   I snuck a note to the DM for initiative, and to shove the dwarf through the door.  Turned out to be fireball trapped.  The  DM was gracious and left the kid 1 hit point, and we role played the team being angry at my character and all.   It was a hoot.  Ages later someone would be a smartass in character, and someone would say "keep that up and we will let you check for traps"   

my point, 99% of the time, I am not thinking about what plot elements I want to add to the story, or about whether I am happy with something someone else added.   I am 99% of the time thinking "what would Liam really say/think/do" 
So I write his actioins and reactions as they seem true in my imagination.   

But whether thing are going his way, or not, I keep in character and out of character separate in my head. 

I like the idea of a hunter and a vampire on the same team.  Anyone who considers it would EXPECT some tension and weird reactions, like him recoiling at her smell and nearness.   It would be untrue to the characters to write it otherwise.   

CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #253 on: December 06, 2015, 08:32:06 pm »

There was actually a German cult that worshipped nudity and coconuts I was just reading about and I could not resist useing it.
LOL "I've got a loverly bunch o' coconuts..."

Just the coconuts? o.O
Disturbing image!
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #254 on: December 07, 2015, 12:10:52 am »

I  sort of want to relate a story from the old d&d days,,,,

I was playing a grizzled ranger.  High level character, but I always felt like mileage and power would have costs, so like Liam getting weak after using his powers, my ranger had gained lots of power and stuff, but had lost some fingers and limped, and was just really surly.....

One of our regular players started a new character, a young dwarf thief.  He played him as talkative, immature, loud, oblivious, etc.      IN CHARATER, I hated him.    Out of character I laughed at the exchanges.  The funniest one was when my ranger was at his wits end with the noise and talking when we should be sneaking....   So we were wondering if a door was trapped.   I snuck a note to the DM for initiative, and to shove the dwarf through the door.  Turned out to be fireball trapped.  The  DM was gracious and left the kid 1 hit point, and we role played the team being angry at my character and all.   It was a hoot.  Ages later someone would be a smartass in character, and someone would say "keep that up and we will let you check for traps"   

my point, 99% of the time, I am not thinking about what plot elements I want to add to the story, or about whether I am happy with something someone else added.   I am 99% of the time thinking "what would Liam really say/think/do" 
So I write his actioins and reactions as they seem true in my imagination.   

But whether thing are going his way, or not, I keep in character and out of character separate in my head. 

I like the idea of a hunter and a vampire on the same team.  Anyone who considers it would EXPECT some tension and weird reactions, like him recoiling at her smell and nearness.   It would be untrue to the characters to write it otherwise.   

I'm glad to read that.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #255 on: December 07, 2015, 12:58:18 am »

Yuck, my last post of Meri kind makes me want to gag. I don't suppose I could re-do that...
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #256 on: December 07, 2015, 01:39:32 am »

Yeah Liam's discomfort is hitting on so many levels.........   Donna is his first girlfriend.  So he would freak out at another woman being so intimate, and would panic thinking that Donna would get upset...   then add in all the hunter -vs- vamp stuff......    No way he didn't freak out a little...   

****I don't care if we split the team or stay together, just seemed like the natural flow to offer.   
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #257 on: December 07, 2015, 06:47:54 pm »

Stuck in class today    will work on this tonight.   Same next 2 days.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #258 on: December 07, 2015, 09:00:48 pm »

Well, some of us have no class!

Wait, that didn't come out right...
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #259 on: December 07, 2015, 11:14:48 pm »

Meri has no qualms, really, about sitting or traveling in close quarters with anyone - except, perhaps, Liam, Whom she would not mind either in a certain (ahem) sense, provided he didn't keep slipping pointy silver things into her sides. Well, seriously, though, she's a bit standoffish, but it's not really anything personal. As I've said many times, she has discipline, honor, and is in fact recently fed.

As far as what she smells like, she might had just had a meal and shall we say, "other pleasures," but she dodesn't stink; in fact, being by nature fastidious, she's probably freshly bathed. Liam can smell her activities on her because his senses are heightened as a Hunter, but Meri does not stink; in fact, the style of teh relevant historical period being what it was in westernized parts of China and in the west in general, she probably is wearing a very slight application of perfume, although not much, since to her a tiny droplet woudl most;likely stink to high heaven with her senses.

In short, she doesn't stink, and won't bite her comrades.

Unless they want her to (lol). 
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #260 on: December 08, 2015, 09:33:04 pm »

Been away for the week end and was hoping for a mental recharge but alas have a headache and letting it show through Wilfred.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #261 on: December 08, 2015, 10:46:43 pm »

LOL. There's always a way to deal with things like that.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #262 on: December 09, 2015, 07:13:54 am »

Just a point here!
Wilfred was not pointing the revolver at the guard, he was handing it over to the guard for well..... safe keeping.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #263 on: December 09, 2015, 01:20:41 pm »

Just a point here!
Wilfred was not pointing the revolver at the guard, he was handing it over to the guard for well..... safe keeping.

My bad; I think I fixed it sufficiently(?).
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #264 on: December 10, 2015, 03:13:18 am »

We can skip any detailed accounting of Liam and Donna's.....   ummmm.... worshiping?    Thought it would be appropriate though.......
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #265 on: December 10, 2015, 03:15:56 am »

Worshipping? what worshipping? *puts camera away quietly*
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #266 on: December 10, 2015, 03:57:11 am »

I can be classy from time to time.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #267 on: December 10, 2015, 05:47:38 am »

That's the way to do it. I admire your brevity.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #268 on: December 10, 2015, 06:31:37 am »

EGAD, the post that swallowed Jupiter! Shocked

That's what happens when I get a little too inspired.  Embarrassed

I'll try not to do that again.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #269 on: December 10, 2015, 08:43:52 pm »

I would imagine that the safe-like door is actually a pressure hatch, the sort that one finds aboard submarines and ships from WWII and earlier; most likely the floats are composed inside of cells of the sort that the Titanic and most later ships utilize(d) for sealing off catastrophic leaks and such. There woukd also most likely be airlock-like areas that provide under-float ingress and egress (entry and exit), originally intended for maintenance crews, but now also used by undertown's residents who are aquatic or amphibious in nature. Struts, imnterstitia;l bulkheads, catwalks to teh opper works, decks within the cells, things like that; a big metal world unto itself; that's how I see undertown. Others' visions?

It might be interesting for the coconut island, where the lighthouse-cum-temple is located, to be surrounded by floats that are visible from the island's beaches. I or someone else might have a character mention the fact; I was thinking about something involving shy merfolk...
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #270 on: December 10, 2015, 10:41:47 pm »

I'm sure that there are also some moon pools around in use by merfolk.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #271 on: December 11, 2015, 02:10:47 am »

I don't have any plan or idea for the caves.   Just though it might be interesting........
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #272 on: December 11, 2015, 02:22:30 am »

I think it would be interesting if the most weird supernaturals lived in the cave and they worked with the coconut worshipers in the early days to give the things that were loosing their place in the world a sanctuary.  The underground might be older than most of the station.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #273 on: December 11, 2015, 02:23:48 am »

Well write it!  Sounds cool.   Maybe they can give us a clue on how to "rehab" some of the "monsters" or something.............
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #274 on: December 11, 2015, 03:11:33 am »

I figure the fairies were one of the first things pushed out so they are in the twilight woods but they are by no means the only thing and there is a much danger there as beauty.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: