The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 19, 2017, 04:25:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ace Of The Duck Pond an alternate history deaslpunkish game occ and start up  (Read 8055 times)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #200 on: November 26, 2015, 08:44:02 pm »

Would Liam train Jace in how to use her mental powers?  I imagine now that she knows they are real she will have quite a few more outbursts.

Might be interesting for her to have a lover's spat with Al and decide on the spur of the moment to do something with her powers (Al would of course dodge just in the nick of time, using his"knack" inadvertently); that might make her realize how dangerous her powers can be (or not, if you prefer).

I'm going to recommend that the twins are young kitsune cubs due to them being somewhat mischievous and troublesome (look up kitsune.)

That would probably fit better than a calico catgirl, I'll admit.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 08:48:35 pm by MWBailey » Logged

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #201 on: November 26, 2015, 08:51:04 pm »

That is really interesting .  I think it would scare the hell out of Jace to unintentionaly hurt someone.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

https://rangerreid.wordpress.com/

« Reply #202 on: November 27, 2015, 03:22:36 am »

Would Liam train Jace in how to use her mental powers?  I imagine now that she knows they are real she will have quite a few more outbursts.

I think he could try.    Have some ideas for him trying to be as rigid and bossy as his trainers, it not working well, etc.   He and Jace could discover how to grow together through it.

Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #203 on: November 27, 2015, 07:36:13 am »

I can see Jace getting flustered because her powers only work when she is not thinking of them.  The next game will happen in about of month of game time.  That gives our crew a chance to heal and learn how to deal with the ways their world has changed.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #204 on: November 27, 2015, 09:53:15 pm »

Souncsd good to me. When will the game start in real time?
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #205 on: November 27, 2015, 10:30:38 pm »

Another idea...

So far, We've been playing on top of the station's floats. The things have got to be hollow to at least some degree, and buoyancy is just as much about displacement as it is about airspace and airtightness; a canoe or rowboat floats not because it's resting on a an airtight bubble (in most cases, save for rubber inflatable rafts), but because they're displacing a greater anount than they weigh. That being the case, I would think that it would be possible for some of the station's floats to inhabited on the inside as well as the top. It also would be good for secret passages, etc.; there might even be subsurface districts in some of the older areas. (like permanently-moored submarine pods, for example). Perhaps such areas are where some of the non- or half-human populations reside.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #206 on: November 27, 2015, 10:37:34 pm »

That sounds neat.  Let me get things started and the came should be up in a bit.  Our first ghost ship is buzzing the tower.  The thunder is it booming in to our airspace.  When they appear they brake in to our dimension and cause a sonic boom.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 07:26:32 pm by Stella Gaslight » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #207 on: November 29, 2015, 05:11:39 am »

Not sure what was wanted for the attackers to say or do, so I kind of let Al defer to Jace.

Planning to add some Meri stuff in a bit. Basically, she's working as both am Entertainer/Hostess at the Imperial palace, and also has begin acting as proprietoress Madame Lee's Assistant. Madame Lee does not dirty her hanbds with actual trafficking, but has hger fingers and thumbs in several rather lucrative pies around the Town that the residential, commercial and retail areas of the Station have become. She feeds mainly on those (many) individuals who try to usurp Madame Lee's position, and other troublemakers of the supernatural or umderworld sort - but while no one can prove her involvement in the disappearances of such individuals, word has sort of gotten around that she's not one to trifle with. She's also been very useful to the Scarabs and the Station's regular security force, in rooting out and helping to expose and in some cases eradicate the remnants of the Order's cells on the Station.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 05:40:35 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #208 on: November 29, 2015, 05:30:58 am »

The numbers are the date of the first airplane battle.  I figure they use the dates to confirm who they are supposed to bring back.  Since the person who died was a Russian they are hunting for a Russian supernatural to kidnap.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 05:35:37 am by Stella Gaslight » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #209 on: November 29, 2015, 08:09:04 pm »

Trying to figure out who the Russian supernatural is.

Al's struggling to remember the significance of the date; he was stationed in France with a unit similar to the Lafayette Esqeudrille (the american-populated squadron that fought in France before America officially declared war in RL), so might not have heard immediately.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #210 on: November 29, 2015, 08:46:08 pm »

It could be a Russian night witch.  A pilot with supernatural powers I bet the order would love to get their hands on them.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #211 on: November 29, 2015, 09:12:53 pm »

Meri's airborne as well; As per Madame Lee's instructions, she'll give the interlopers a chance to be peaceful (business being business, after all), but will attack to protect the station if need be.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #212 on: November 30, 2015, 02:35:22 am »

I was out all day.  Trying to find my feet and plug in to the story now.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #213 on: November 30, 2015, 02:42:55 am »

Welcome back  right no the tower is being buzzed by a ghost plane  who is speaking in a code only members of the order know.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #214 on: November 30, 2015, 03:06:54 am »

Fixed the misspellings of "Al," and of D-U-C-K. Geez, sometimes I just wonder about myself... Embarrassed

And no, I wasn't thinking with that *ahem* part... Tongue
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #215 on: November 30, 2015, 04:14:20 am »

Here's a an image of how a real-life duck's aft cockpit appears,

minus the joystick; you can see the bracket it fits into on the floor of the cockpit. I'm not absolutely certain, but I think I remember reading that the joystick was usually left clamped to the side bulkhead of the aft cockpit when the copilot/rear gunner/radioman was in position, and only put in its operating position if it became necessary for the person to take over control.

Al's Duck's rear gun is equipped with a (fictitious) system for  remote operation from the forward cockpit, but it can also be operated in the normal manual-specific way by the copilot.

You can't see any of it but the foward starboard corner, but the trapdoor access to the passenger compartment is directly under the copilot's seat, which slides forward or backward to allow use of the trapdoor; that means, of course, that the copilot has to either push the seat back, or dismount and stand on the footholds on the outer fuselage and slide the seat forward, to allow passengers to enter or exit the compartment. I've never heard of anyone removing the trapdoor, or leaving it open, but I suppose it's possible, provided it doesn't intefere with the positioning of the copilot's seat. Al's Duck uses a removable supplementary fuel tank for long flights, that sits where the copilot's seat would be if it were pushed to the aft position, meaning that with the seat pushed forward, access to the compartment is still available.

There is no way for the pilot or copilot to exchange seats while inside the canopy(ies). Any change of seating while in flight would require superhuman, monkey-like acrobatics on the outer fuselage, so I doubt any such switches were ever performed - but then again, I have a cousin who swears that all Navy pilots are and always have been completely insane, so... Wink

(P.S.: I'll be taking this illustration down in a couple of days.)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 04:30:40 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #216 on: November 30, 2015, 04:21:26 am »

As soon as it sees the aces it will attack with lightning and superior speed.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #217 on: December 01, 2015, 01:34:10 am »

So are Liam and Donna in the hanger still?   I just can't seem to plug in.   Sorry..  LOL
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #218 on: December 01, 2015, 01:55:33 am »

They are up near the duck but not ar close to the green ship. Or at least that's what I thought.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #219 on: December 01, 2015, 02:13:42 am »

Thanks.  I  sort of fluffed a little. 
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #220 on: December 01, 2015, 02:35:00 am »

It works well Donna is partly immune to the green tractor beam because she is normal.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #221 on: December 01, 2015, 02:54:58 pm »

Until I understand what the ship is and the basic premise of the plot, I am just going to mess with Liam's inconsistent powers.

Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #222 on: December 01, 2015, 04:10:25 pm »

The force ships are like drones remotely piloted by enslaved supernaturals  and built out of magic.  The storm riders are planes that can control the weather via science and magic.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #223 on: December 01, 2015, 04:58:16 pm »

Been sick (apparently got ahhold of a bad pretzel at the mall yesterday just before my stresswalk).  Now stretching my back (its a sciatica  thing).
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #224 on: December 01, 2015, 05:51:40 pm »

Entered tbat last bit, and thjs one, on my pad while stretched out weirdly on my side (forces the relevant vertebrae back in line. Yes, its every bit as uncomfortable as it sounds. Dont do it if you have a similar condition; every case is different according to the doc), so some of it is weirdly arranged; I'll fix that as soon as I can get on the regular computer.

Meri learned a lot of things from a lot of places. Also, air kraken and rukhs (rocs, the spelling is eastern euro in keeping with the empire that recruited her through her mistress (sire) when she was turned) were common in the Steam London universe, and the Cold Ones were a squidlike/air krakenlike alien race that ruled the Russian empire in that scenario. The various types of Cold Ones and their minions had varying levels of intelligence, from bestial to genius humanlike.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 05:56:12 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: