The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 20, 2017, 08:15:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ace Of The Duck Pond an alternate history deaslpunkish game occ and start up  (Read 8062 times)
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler
United States United States

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2015, 01:47:23 am »

My phone ate it I am working on it now.   Now it is all fixed.  Silva is very old fashioned and easily scandalized.  She finds it slightly disturbing Jace is not married and tried to push her in to Al's arms.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 02:32:47 am by Stella Gaslight » Logged

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

The werewolf Airship Captain.

« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2015, 07:28:56 am »

Sorry to be ghoulish, but I"ve heard from several sources who would know, that burning or burnt human tends to smell distressingly like burnt fried or roast chicken - hence Al's thinking that... well, you know.

Burnt human flesh smells really bad, its enough to make a person sick. and a burn feels horrible until the nerves heal enough to tell then they have been damaged and then the pain is excruciating.

Grabbed the hot end of a soldering iron in the palm of my hand once while it was set at around 300 degrees c!

I suffer from a random misfiring synapse and a bad case of wolfen the turns me into a seven-foot-tall werewolf or a seven-foot great wolf!
https://dragon-rehoming-centre.myshopify.com/
http://purbry.wordpress.com
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2015, 03:06:32 pm »

I think that depends I used to work next to a funeral home and one of the employees told me they had to add things. To the crematorium in order for it to not smell like cooking meat.  It smelled like burned bread instead.

In less gross news Jack is home from the hospital and feeling better.  So I may have company for teslacon.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #128 on: November 16, 2015, 03:17:16 pm »

Hooray! Bet you're feeling better too!

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2015, 03:19:41 pm »

It is a lot less stress so I can focus on getting ready for the show.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #130 on: November 16, 2015, 05:19:51 pm »

My thought is that while Meri doesn't know about the collar, specifically, she does know from her association with the Germans that he had/has something that was supposedly incredibly useful for the compulsion of supernatural beings; naturally, she'd be leery of such a thing.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #131 on: November 16, 2015, 05:41:32 pm »

That will fit in well with what i was thinking.  Basicly after they have a chance to rest the Germans are going to be back in full force and give them what amounts to a surrender Dorothy message tide to a Zeppelin. Stating if they are not given the doctor by ten pm they are going to blow up the station bit by bit.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 05:44:13 pm by Stella Gaslight » Logged
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

https://rangerreid.wordpress.com/

« Reply #132 on: November 17, 2015, 02:24:43 am »

CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #133 on: November 17, 2015, 07:20:08 am »

Sorry confused over your post MWBailey
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #134 on: November 17, 2015, 08:23:42 am »

Sorry confused over your post MWBailey

Meri was a bit young for an agent on Her Majesty's Secret Service (already in existence in the world in which she comes form (the world of teh Steam London RP, which in many ways is radically different fiorm our own as well as that of the Duckpond m both in physical reality and historical continuity) in the 1890s. She was turned on one of her very first assignments, which was to infiltrate the Russian Embassy in Austin,  in the Republic of Texas. That embassy was staffed largely by members of a vampire creche and by aliens of a race that had taken over the Russian Empire of that world, and they caught and turned her; thus, she still has the mindset of a young 19th-century woman, from a 19th century in which gender equality is/was a reality far sooner than in  our own (in her girlhood, in fact). That mind keeps warring against the reality of living for what is already seeming like eternity, and with having assimilated (after being once more ripped form the reality she knew and transplanted into yet another new one) into what amounts to much the same kind of world as RL Meiji-era through late 1930s Japan, even though its the 1920s in the Duckpomd's world. She was a phenom when very young and already a beauty to boot, and still is a beauty even when wearing ripped clothing and covered in dried bloodstains, and is so used to working it, so to speak, that she does so without thinking.

She's hungry as hell, and determined not to feed on her new allies - but she's still hungry, and fighting her bloodlust and her instinct to hunt, so to speak; her "flirtyness" is thus an attenpt to think of Wilfred as something besides possible prey. It's probably also genuine attraction to a degree (I admit I'm all thumbs at writing women, but I'm trying).

She "smells the 'Between' " on Wilfred because of where he came from (another reality, as per his initial backstory post. He had to come through the dimensional barriers to do so, and he smells to her in any case like a world other than the world he's in* to her, so...); she doesn't know his background, of course, but like most vampires, she has an extremely acute sense of smell (other senses are also heightened, of course), and that clues her into the aforementioned "stuff."

Since she senses that his experience (if not necessarily his origin) is or might be similar to hers, Meri probably thinks there is a degree of kinship between them. She is therefore somewhat friendlier toward him than she would be toward the others; Al tried to burn her to death, Liam has the smell and mien of a born-and-raised vampire hunter, Jace and Donna have both expressed dislike and distrust within earshot (and she's actually crossed blades in anger with Jace), so while it may be an unrealistic hope in the long term, she's trying to be friendly, even thiough he abortively tried to kill her as well. It's much the same as a soldier's attitude about "acts of war" after the war is over, which would still have been the prevailing attitude in the alternate 19th century world she comes from.

Plus as I mentioned before, having been reduced to a veritable annihilated state and come back therefrom multiple times, she could understandably be a bit "off" upstairs.

And she's absolutely filthy and knows it and wants a bath. Yes, even though its blood and she's a vamp. I don't think I'll have her drink the bathwater, though...

Probably more than you wanted to know, but I wasn't sure which part you were confused about.

*it's a phenomenon travelers sometimes face, that they can't truly fade into a crowd in a "foreign" land - because they still smell like people do who habitually eat and do the things that they've been habitually eating and doing).

« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 09:08:40 am by MWBailey » Logged
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #135 on: November 17, 2015, 06:22:03 pm »

ok.....
I just didn't understand because the gramer was so off that my mind couldn't understand and comment!

Just playing on the fact that the injury to her hand resembles electric shock and while there is little external, there is often serious inter injurys.

Mayhaps it has triggered another power in her.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 06:43:26 pm by CPT_J_Percell » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #136 on: November 17, 2015, 07:06:48 pm »

ok.....
I just didn't understand because the gramer was so off that my mind couldn't understand and comment!

Just playing on the fact that the injury to her hand resembles electric shock and while there is little external, there is often serious inter injurys.

Mayhaps it has triggered another power in her.

sorry, but my grammar is not "off."
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #137 on: November 17, 2015, 09:09:31 pm »

I think anything like using vamp blood would cross lines for Liam since he is a hunter.   

The dried blood is Saints blood, has been "consecrated"..... Etc.   She will heal, but will get feverishly excited when discussing religios stuff......   (almost demented zealot level....)
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #138 on: November 17, 2015, 09:14:46 pm »

The stone is a capacitor (as such) it will remove the remaining foreign neuroelectric charge and prevent further damage.
The consecrated blood may help reduce the pain but having the charge drag back down the damaged nerves will hurt.
If you agree to the crystal draw then I shall carry on the deal with meri.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #139 on: November 17, 2015, 09:19:16 pm »

I changed my post to defer to yours a little better.

Handle it,    this is your show.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 09:24:50 pm by Ranger Reid » Logged
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #140 on: November 17, 2015, 09:22:19 pm »

Also.......   Liam can smell magic.  Some of it is okay, some smells like death.   He would NOT want Jace tainted with the vamp blood, AND it might  (in my imagination/ reasoning)  make her more easily ordered about or open to suggestion, and it woule make her trackable by magical means.  Which right now she isn't...

Just my thoughts on this.....   
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #141 on: November 17, 2015, 09:33:34 pm »

As mentioned by Meri in the storyline post, she does not want more fledglings, plus she's not sure that Jace could survive the process. That is what she thought Wilfed meant, and what she originally was warning against; her later assurance was to compfiort Jace, and in any event, she is and was against the administration of her blood either on the wound or internally. As she said, she hasn't used it for topical medicine on a human before, and thinks it's just an old, unfounded legend. It's also possible she knows a lot more about it than she's saying, though, and is determined not to do something so dangerous to an ally.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #142 on: November 17, 2015, 09:36:58 pm »

Jace is a bit too suborn for her own good and the idea of being under someone's thumb is both scary and enraging to her so she is giving it all she has to rid herself of the burns.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #143 on: November 17, 2015, 10:20:44 pm »

Jace will be unconscious for around a day some someone will need to stay on hand.
She will still need help but as least it wont get any worse.
If its shorter then anyone was expecting, it is because I have just written a chapter on my 2nd book as well!

I changed my post to defer to yours a little better.

Handle it,    this is your show.

No worries, you post ninja'd me and I just er sort of walked of.... ouuuu shiny!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 10:22:55 pm by CPT_J_Percell » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #144 on: November 18, 2015, 04:54:45 am »

*not-place: The place where her weapons and possessions go when she puts them away; its why she never seems to be wearing a sword or a pistol, but can come up with one when she wants to. Could be the same kind of thing as the place where lost socks end up (lol).
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #145 on: November 18, 2015, 04:59:22 am »

The doctor is a nosey git and likes to broker information.

Would anyone be interested in a gift exchange for Christmas?  Nothing big just something nice for the holiday.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #146 on: November 18, 2015, 03:50:12 pm »

Would anyone be interested in a gift exchange for Christmas?  Nothing big just something nice for the holiday.

In the context of the game, sure, but there's a ban on such things in RL in our household here (a paranoia thing with my folks, with whom I share the various indispensible amenities. They're also pathologically opposed to "online commerce," shall we say; they can't even get comfortable with me communicating with a publisher via email).

Sorry about that Sad  Cry .
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #147 on: November 18, 2015, 04:17:02 pm »

I just now twigged to this!

Roald Dahl was a WWII fighter pilot in the RAF (Welsh born, I think his folks were scandinavian immigrants or the offspring of such) and a novelist. I'd heard of the Disney connection, but I guess it slipped my mind.

Interesting reference, there.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #148 on: November 18, 2015, 07:56:38 pm »

I thought Meri might be abit hungry after all the energy she has expelled today.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #149 on: November 19, 2015, 02:30:55 am »

The doctor's brother is actually one of the three heads of the order.  He was the forth but after he failed a takeover bid he ran with their secrets hoping to start his own group to give him the power and glory he wants.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: