The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 17, 2017, 07:12:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Air service pistol - 1850 pattern - field modified  (Read 989 times)
Matthias Gladstone
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Call me Ishmael

« on: October 04, 2015, 12:18:15 am »

This is a project i've had in mind for a while:

Base is a denix "French percussion pistol"; I completely stripped it and repainted with tamiya nato black, before varnishing and rubbing graphite powder over it to give a nice dark finish. I battered the wood a bit as well to give it a little weathering.

The real soul of the piece is the sight - it's based off of a WW2 era reflector gunsight. The detail design is my own, it was all laser cut from 6mm MDF and acrylic for me by Cog'O'two. The safety stripped box contains the batteries for an LED strip which illuminates the sight.

Needless to say, it's still very much an inert replica, I haven't modified the mechanism at all, just bolted bits to the outside.

The reticle is the second world war Japanese army type, used in the Ki-43, Ki-84 etc.

Overall, i'm quite happy with this one!

-Matt

Southampton University Steampunk Society:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/184948814914233/
GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 09:43:57 pm »

I'm not normally a fan of Steampunk flintlocks/flintlock mods, but this one is pretty nice. Gives me ideas...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: