The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 18, 2017, 03:59:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dracula, the Musical  (Read 468 times)
GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« on: October 02, 2015, 10:01:12 am »

As with Frank Wildhorn's Jekyll & Hyde, his next foray into 19th Century horror had its ups-and-downs. This production had its world premiere in California before moving to Broadway...where it tanked. But then, a funny thing happened... In a reversal of the situation with Jekyll & Hyde, where a vastly superior production was neutered for Broadway, Dracula really took flight (sorry!) after leaving Broadway. The show was re-tooled, supposedly with a number of changes Wildhorn had wanted for the New York production, and became a hit in Graz, Austria. This new, improved version then came back to play in the UK and Canada.

Here's a recording of the Graz production:

dracula musical graz full

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHkGNt9p21E

Here is the studio cast recording from Broadway (I haven't found video of this production, so we'll just have to settle for this little audio journey):

Dracula the Musical (The Studio Cast Recording, full album, HQ)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uynq9M7QXhM

Granted, we're comparing an audio-only version with a full production, but what do you think?
Crescat Scientia
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Fabricator and temporally confused.

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 03:40:10 pm »

I saw a high school production of "Dracula: The Musical?" (The question mark was a part of the title) around 1982.

It was a comedy.

I am pretty sure it is no relation to this version.  I have never heard of any other reference to it.

Living on steam isn't easy.
-- Jessica Fortunato

Have you heard?  It's in the stars, next July we collide with Mars.
-- Cole Porter

That's not sinister at all.
-- Old family saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: