The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 21, 2017, 11:25:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steampunk "Star Wars"  (Read 2750 times)
Ottens
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Gatekeeper

« on: November 01, 2007, 04:45:12 pm »

Everyone has probably seen Eric Poulton's excellent Steampunk "Star Wars" drawings (example below), and I'm delighted to report that his creativity has sparked a minor phenomena!

(Mr Poulton's drawings)

There's now a whole bunch of talented artists who've put their Steampunk version of the science fiction franchise in form.   See the page linked to below on my site for an overview of  STEAMPUNK STAR WARS

http://www.robsacc.nl/_ottens/steampunk_war-starwars.php

(Steampunk versions of Darth Vader and a Stormtrooper.)]/i]
Dline
Officer
United States United States

Keeping the Punk in SteamPunk

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 05:10:46 pm »

You know there is a little search up there, it helps prevent double posts Smiley
Ottens
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Gatekeeper

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 05:12:44 pm »

The last thread I could find on the subject was from March and I never cared much for thread-necromancy ;-)
Dline
Officer

Keeping the Punk in SteamPunk

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 05:24:21 pm »

LOL good answer Otten
Jessica Butcher
Gunner

Wannabe Time Traveller

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 10:40:59 pm »

Maybe Star Wars is already Steampunk... "a long time ago" could very well mean 1896!  Cheesy

~WWND: What would [Captain] Nemo do?~
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 11:10:24 pm »

Yay, me too i am tempted to take the ''long time ago''   formula literally.

I can even say than when i first envisioned the film, i thought the term Jedi refer to the main human-like race (than i still not considering of terrian origin)

In more steamy  matters, this picture are quite cool. I always love the spoofing tendencie of steampunker (steam wars, steam trek,pulp fiction transform as penny dreadful).

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
Jessica Butcher
Gunner

Wannabe Time Traveller

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 08:37:57 pm »

Uncyclopedia insists Wells invented the lightsaber. Just thought you should know. Wink

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/H.G._Wells
Jessica Butcher
Gunner

Wannabe Time Traveller

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 05:58:30 pm »

Also, this is a little bit steamy (and quite funny):

kiskolou
Snr. Officer

Subpelin Underlord

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 09:33:58 pm »

On YIAWWS, i saw a Steampunk x-wing. Check it out.

And being an ex-star wars "Historian", which i just made up because it sounds cooler than nerd, The original "Humans" in my opinion were Tusken raiders (sand people). This is due to the fact that Human aliens came from the outer rim, Tuskens were around longer than almost all other races, and there is a jedi Tusken that takes off his bandages, and he is human.

Wow, i guess star wars nerdiness is like the mafia. once you get in, you can never leave...

"There will always be a lost world for you here..." - Atterton

Your reality sir, is lies and balderdash and i am delighted to say i have no grasp of it whatsoever!
von Brasswood
Zeppelin Captain
Norway Norway

Master of Graphical Marvel

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 09:38:21 pm »

and there is a jedi Tusken that takes off his bandages, and he is human.

Sorry for going off-topic, but where does this happen?

Forget it, I found it. Google is your friend, guys and girls! I knew of the KOTOR referances to Tusken Raiders being one of the oldest races, so it might be true. Or "true" I guess that is..
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 09:41:11 pm by von Brasswood » Logged

"Steam punk is like a top hat: You can watch it from different angles and enjoy different things about it, and there are no single hat that fits everyones head."
- vonB
kiskolou
Snr. Officer

Subpelin Underlord

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 09:58:51 pm »

It's only a theory, like my theory that the "Sea people" that tried to take over egypt during the Middle kingdom  were Merfolk.

Ok, I don't really believe that. But prove it wrong!

You can't, can you?
von Brasswood
Zeppelin Captain
Norway Norway

Master of Graphical Marvel

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 10:21:28 pm »

Well, I can prove wrong that the Tusken Raider war chief that is human under his mask, is a Tusken Raider. But you may not be referring to him?
Muldan
Gunner

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2007, 10:45:24 pm »

On YIAWWS, i saw a Steampunk x-wing. Check it out.

And being an ex-star wars "Historian", which i just made up because it sounds cooler than nerd, The original "Humans" in my opinion were Tusken raiders (sand people). This is due to the fact that Human aliens came from the outer rim, Tuskens were around longer than almost all other races, and there is a jedi Tusken that takes off his bandages, and he is human.

Wow, i guess star wars nerdiness is like the mafia. once you get in, you can never leave...

i do belive if you are referring to Master Hett i believe he was a human raised by the Tuskan Raiders, but we are of topic

H.A.S Calf will travel
Doctor When
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Proud to have been the first Steampunk in The Chap

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 11:26:34 am »

...pulp fiction transform as penny dreadful

Oh, I say! I can see the film now. Grainy, black & white silent stock:

A Whitechapel Tea Room. Two young folk, a gentleman of dubious appearance with his top-button undone and his cravat awry, and a thin girl in a dreadful hat. He talks in a Broad cockney accent about the fact nobody pilfers from establishments "like what this one is", commenting upon the fact that the gentry will be carrying all manner of golden guineas and shiny trinkets... he sweatily manhandles a large pepperbox revolver onto the tablecloth.

"Any of you toffs move, and I'll jolly well execute every last one of you!"

They are calmly observed by two burly gentlemen in long-johns and top hats, one of whom carries a Gladstone bag. Neither of them look pleased with this turn of events.

I'm off to write a screenplay. Back soon!

EDIT: Couldn't resist!

Watch the first scene
(A substantial 620K, though!)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 12:31:58 pm by Doctor When » Logged

Not poems and rubbish - SCIENCE!
Atterton
Time Traveler

Only The Shadow knows

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2015, 09:00:22 pm »

On another forum someone pointed out that 19th century firefighters looked like Darth Vader and C3PO.

Resurrectionist and freelance surgeon.
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2015, 10:13:13 pm »

A'Sharad Hett was a Jedi during the clone wars who removed his head cover to show Skywalker he was human.
His Father Sharad Hett was a human Jedi who left the order and became a leader amongst the several Tusken clans, starting with the one that found him living as a wild man in the deserts, where he had his son with another human woman who had been taken as a slave before becoming a member of the clan herself.

but...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

which is one of the reasons I love star wars. It's never just a character with sets built around them. It's a whole universe, with history and legends that don't always agree, "certain point of view" visions of the universe, and whole planets and populations going through things thatare different and independent of the main storylines in the movies and books.

And in that whole mix there is plenty of room for steampunk elements and fanfiction... like that timespan between primative humans on the republic capital and how their history before settling other worlds might have gone.

Maets
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2015, 02:45:50 am »

On another forum someone pointed out that 19th century firefighters looked like Darth Vader and C3PO.

Those are interesting.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: