The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 17, 2017, 09:44:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 126   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "STEAM LONDON" Out-of-character Thread  (Read 165578 times)
Ottens
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Gatekeeper

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2007, 02:56:19 pm »

Lol Cheesy  I'd rather not correct that, for the idea of apes delivering your inquires is far more appealing to me than the boredom of online correspondence. Wink
Ruby Kirkbride
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2007, 01:16:11 am »

I do believe I'm going to hop in on this... It's right up my alley! Smiley
the Hat
Snr. Officer
United States United States

Vagabond and Raconteur

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2007, 02:07:17 am »

The story has really taken on a life of it's own. Knock yourself out! (not literally though  Grin )

"Yes, ban people, the way of the future!" -Captain Minty Gearhertz
von Brasswood
Zeppelin Captain
Norway Norway

Master of Graphical Marvel

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2007, 10:32:03 am »

It'd be so great if the fire was actually right down the alley from where your ingame house were. Then this sentence would be so much better ^^

"Steam punk is like a top hat: You can watch it from different angles and enjoy different things about it, and there are no single hat that fits everyones head."
- vonB
the Hat
Snr. Officer

Vagabond and Raconteur

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2007, 03:30:34 pm »

I thought that it might interest you all, but the ale I mentioned in my post today, "Skull-splitter," is a REAL ale. I've seen it with me own eyes!! And it really is Scottish!!
Gaslight Phantom
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2007, 12:22:24 am »

I'm much more surprised at its existence than at the fact that it was first brewed by the Scots. Nice find.  Wink
HAC
Steam Theologian
Zeppelin Overlord
Canada Canada

HAC_N800
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2007, 12:29:23 am »

Any dark beer thats 8.5% gets my vote...

Cheers
Harold

You never know what lonesome is , 'til you get to herdin' cows.
the Hat
Snr. Officer

Vagabond and Raconteur

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2007, 04:29:39 am »

Grin
Gaslight Phantom
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2007, 06:52:17 am »

Good Lord! It's beautifulShocked
Miss Gadget
Deck Hand
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2007, 11:21:34 am »

Pfft, no ale is worth drinking if it's been heard of outside it's native village.  Grin

Piece by piece, snip by snip, croup, dock, haunch, shoulders, hip,
Tread by thread, primmed and pressed, yard by yard, never stressed,
And that's the Art of the Dress!
HAC
Steam Theologian
Zeppelin Overlord
Canada Canada

HAC_N800
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2007, 12:47:23 am »

a quick note on your last post... Not sure if you read the Colonels character sheet, but he is the sucessor to Moriarty, after Moriarty's death at Rechenbach..

"He soon gained the eye of the master criminal Professor Moriarty, and rose quickly to become Moriarty's right hand man, and operational chief.
After Moriarty's death at the Reichenbach Falls, Merriwether took over the Professor's empire, with a brutal and bloody purge of those who did not believe he was the true successor. Merriwether has access to all the secrets and tools that Moriarty left behind, and has dark plans for expanding his empire of evil"   

if its a lost Moriarty notebook or diary , that makes perfect sense, though... although looking for it will bring the attention of the Colonel your way  Wink

Cheers
Harold
Mordecai Maxwell
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2007, 08:10:30 am »

Hi folks,

I've been lurking here for a while, but just registered an account so I could participate in the RPG.  I thought an intro might be appropriate before I started posting, though, so here it is Cheesy

MM
Miss Gadget
Deck Hand

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2007, 11:27:58 am »

if its a lost Moriarty notebook or diary , that makes perfect sense, though... although looking for it will bring the attention of the Colonel your way  Wink

Current line of thought was a book last known to be in the Professors posession, having read the character sheet I thought the Colonel's boys could do with a good headache. Smiley
HAC
Steam Theologian
Zeppelin Overlord
Canada Canada

HAC_N800
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2007, 04:16:56 pm »

That'd work well.. Its no fun giving the good guys problems without getting a few back... Cheesy
Cheers
Harold
Miss Gadget
Deck Hand

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2007, 02:05:21 pm »

Just as a heads up, I'll be absent for a week, look forward to rolling back into the action when I get chance.
Mordecai Maxwell
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2007, 10:38:30 pm »

I do not wish to step out of line so soon after joining this fine forum, however it does seem like this story is progressing rather slowly.  Is this normal, or has life outside of the ether restricted the efforts of the other participants?

MM
HAC
Steam Theologian
Zeppelin Overlord
Canada Canada

HAC_N800
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2007, 01:04:06 am »

Life tends to get in the way on most of these type of games...
Mordecai Maxwell
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2007, 06:37:43 pm »

Understood.  I guess I'm just fortunate to have and unfettered connection and time to check often at my place of business. Cheesy
HAC
Steam Theologian
Zeppelin Overlord
Canada Canada

HAC_N800
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2007, 04:46:13 pm »

One of the last things I was involved with pre-retirement was a Bluecoat implementation at work. Think of it as a proxy, between the internal network  and the internet. It logged all internet use by employees, and if you went to sites that were deemed "not appropriate for a work environment"  you were served up a page that told you so, in clear terms.. We'd run the logs through sawfish every couple days to update the white and black lists.

Cheers
Harold
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2007, 09:30:13 pm »

As I am not by any means a writer/story teller. Embarrassed

I hope that no-one minds that, I just post whatever I think will fit into the story and partly just to see how other people use/improve on my thoughts.

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
AFGNCAAP
Snr. Officer
Antarctica Antarctica

Professor's phlegmatic lackey

« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2007, 11:36:53 am »

You can always improve your writing after posting in it for a while and getting lots of practice!
I'm also posting just so people know I'm still here, even if I haven't posted in a while. I'm just awaiting a few absent people, though knowing my luck, when they return, work will get in the way of my own writing! Cheesy

"An eruption!" I said. "We're in the chimney of an active volcano?"
"I think so," said the professor smiling, "and that's the best thing that could happen to us!"
-Journey to the Center of the Earth

"The way to my heart is through my chest, with a scalpel and a bone saw."
-Lady Anne
Leonard Lightning
Officer

« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2007, 05:59:08 pm »

Hope you don't mind me hijacking Uriah HAC.  It just seemed like the easiest way to potray the information. 
Luminous Grey
Gunner

The sky outside is...

« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2007, 11:10:05 pm »

My my my, things have changed since I last stopped by. Dunno if anyone remembers this, but I was Captain Grey, back in the days of the Council Wars. Honestly I haven't done any text roleplay since the CW died. Things are getting hectic with school right now, but once finals are done I'll have plenty of time. I hope to jump in in a few weeks, and until then I'll follow what's going on. Keep an eye out for me sometime in the future!

So I like to get high off the dust on the 170-year-old books in the library. What of it?
Proud Member of P.I.R.A.T.E.S.
HAC
Steam Theologian
Zeppelin Overlord
Canada Canada

HAC_N800
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2007, 12:31:57 am »

Hope you don't mind me hijacking Uriah HAC.  It just seemed like the easiest way to potray the information. 

That was a benign enough hijack, no worries...
Cheers
Harold
Leonard Lightning
Officer

« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2007, 10:11:23 am »

I think thats one thing I like about this better than most other types of rp.  It's actually a story so there's more willingness to work together as players.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 126   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: