The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 17, 2017, 04:14:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Barker Street Irregulars case 2 A vision in pink  (Read 9044 times)
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler
United States United States

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #325 on: October 28, 2015, 12:33:34 pm »

Celia blushed and turned away.  He was right she was letting her heart get the better of her.  Celia knew she had to stop before the men in white knew what an effective way they had of harming her.  A fire grew in her belly when she thought about what they had done.  They were parasites of the worst sort and she was going to remove this infestation from her city.  The sound of a ringing bell rolled down the hall.  This was it their best chance to to get back upstairs without being hounded.   "That would be their dressing chime which means the halls are empty.  If we are careful we should be able to sneak around while they are occupied at dinner. We should be able to find the thing mucking about with time by following the coldness it produces." 

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

The werewolf Airship Captain.

« Reply #326 on: October 28, 2015, 06:35:11 pm »

Tobias Held out a hand and seamed to bee feeling at the air, looking for something invisible, After a moment of walking around the room he stopped.

"Mr Read, How much energy do you need to absorb. I can't get everyone out of this tower, but I can take you to a curtain world for a moment to absorb some pure energy if you wish."

James Purcell had taken wolfen form and was leading Mr smith along the streets of London. The tides were sluggish here and in some case's stationary. James had his eyes closed and was sweating as if fighting against a rapidly flowing river. After A while they stopped and James growled. "This place again."

I suffer from a random misfiring synapse and a bad case of wolfen the turns me into a seven-foot-tall werewolf or a seven-foot great wolf!
https://dragon-rehoming-centre.myshopify.com/
http://purbry.wordpress.com
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #327 on: October 28, 2015, 07:59:32 pm »

Verity had drawn an elegant conservatory roof.  The vines did not appear to like daylight nor the warmth created by the sun through glass. She began adding small details that subverted the enemy's work as they walked.  Harsh shadows were offset by bright sunlight, ugly cracks showed blue sky, hints of green added to the dark vines. Beety added the scent of a summer breeze. Celia could feel her connection with London becoming less muffled but the icy cold was still strong.  Were The Brotherhood deliberately trying to create Fimbulwinter or was it mere carelessness bringing the possibility closer to the waking world?
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #328 on: October 28, 2015, 08:32:57 pm »

This place was a twisted mess. Celia disliked unnecessary ritual magic at the best of times but there were half closed doors to other worlds doting the halls that the vines were feeding on.  It was dangerously sloppy magic and likely to back fire so why risk it? Unless there was a very good reason it was suicidal. Oh dear. Celia thought to herself she was the reason or rather the other her the goblins made.  They must have used her to tap in to London on a masive scale and when she died their magic was no longer supported. So they had to find a replacement fast before all the spells failed. Celia very slowly found it harder to move like she was moving through pudding instead of air.  In the grand hall a sad looking man with purple robes and a long gray beard was calling upon the cold in-between worlds to freeze a stack of what looked like paper figures in to a solid block of ice.  The Merlin cried a frozen tear he did not wish do do this but he was only ink on a page and unable to stop himself.  "We are getting close." Celia said shivering.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

https://rangerreid.wordpress.com/

« Reply #329 on: October 28, 2015, 08:43:15 pm »

Even as Celia encouraged the others to push forward through the slow-time, a strange thing happened.   The splash of metallic pattern on Reid's skin flickered.  A thin strand left his arm and trailed out ahead of the group.

On the floor the same Knotwork pattern displayed like a narrow path.   Along it, the group found they could move just a bit more easily. 

As Celia stepped upon it, she felt a connection.  Not a "bond" or a "friendship" exactly, but a truce of sorts.  The Morrigan knew how Celia felt, even if she hadn't figured it out completely for herself.  They were both invested in the ruined husk in the wheelchair.

Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #330 on: October 29, 2015, 08:49:41 pm »

Celia pushed on as fast as she could manage. Frost was forming on their footsteps and the only one immune was Reid.  Nothing around them was cold so where was it coming from? It was only when she paused to get a better grip on the wheelchair that Celia figured it out.  "The cold is coming from inside of us."  She said baffled by the strength of it.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #331 on: October 29, 2015, 09:38:31 pm »

"There's a little winter, a little pool of darkness, in everybody," Marley responded. "It's what makes it so easy for the Unseelie, and the evil in the world, to ensnare us."

He gave up on using no magic, and started using just a small amount of it. "we need to find what's holding the cold in," he said. "There, that block of ice with the paper figures in it." he pointed at the purple-robed man who was doing the freezing ritual, then nodded at the line of other figures trundling similar blocks of ice out another door. "There's bound to be other blocks like those; I think they're being stored over there," he added. "if we can find where they're being stacked, I think we'll find the location of the spell's ritual focus."

The Knight called a bit of fire, and started pulling in more from the torches and lanterns scattered around the hall; the area around their party began to grow warmer, the ice melting somewhat - but that, unfortunately, made the floor somewhat more slippery, save where the metallic pattern was brightest.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 09:40:53 pm by MWBailey » Logged

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #332 on: October 30, 2015, 12:53:24 am »

Sunshine and Forget-Me-Not, the roses from grandmothers garden, high bright summer mint.  Celia filled her mind with the smells and colors of a summer garden.  Symbolic magic had worked so far and she was hoping to speed her own thawing.  The garden grew within her until she could see the pale outline of petals on her skin.  The ice dripped around her unable to stand the heat growing within. The others were still struggling but she had a plan.  She thought about the sun coloured flowers of the witch's gowan and the way their white puff of seeds spread on the wind.  Celia held her had out and blew across her palm, seeds of her internal garden floated in the breeze warming everything they touched.
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #333 on: October 30, 2015, 10:04:27 am »

Celia's seeds brought warm memories of London in Summer. 
Verity burped, small bubbles of fizz floated up on the summer breeze, childish silliness with ginger beer.  Beety laughed. Cold souled people had an inordinate amount of their strength invested in their dignity, the girl was right.  She channelled some of the annoying cold to make an ice cream toppling from it's cone. Bill nipped in before it hit the ground.  Then he perched on the wheelchair spattered in ice cream proudly holding a maraschino cherry in his beak.

There was real happy untainted laughter and not just from their direction. 
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #334 on: October 30, 2015, 01:59:17 pm »

Reid walked through the shadowy glade.  The soft sound of the bubbling brook was soothing and peaceful.  His lady friend sat on a moss covered stone and smiled at him.  "This is nice." said the ranger.  "You dont have to leave." replied the lady.

A shaft of bright sunlight briefly pierced the dimness.  With it came the scent of spring flowers and a sound ever so distant of a woman's voice. Barely perceptible, it might have been calling "Reid!"

In immediate reaction, Reid looked at the lady and said "I think I might have to leave."

He failed to notice the flash of disappointment and flare of anger.    "Soon." replied the Morrigan.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #335 on: October 30, 2015, 03:16:29 pm »

Reid  let out as small sigh as the seeds touched him.  Celia found her heart felt light again and laughed at poor Bill.  The figure in the purple robes shuttered as the black vines controlling him recoiled.  "We have it now. Keep it up."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #336 on: October 30, 2015, 06:43:55 pm »

"loff eesh teenksh, ey ooksw oik 'ighdallsh..." Bill tried to say around teh cherry.

Marley rolled his eyes. "Bill, stop that, you're always on about 'eyeballs' this, and 'carrion' that."

Bill quirked his head to look up at Marley, actually giggled, and siad nearly unitelligibly, " 'er cjurry?"

"No, you're just making me hungry, is all..."
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #337 on: October 31, 2015, 10:13:56 am »

Tobias felt the darkness inside him shrinking away. That was the old him and it would do nothing to let it return. Staying close to the others he followed them through the corridors and chambers of the place.

James and Mr Smith reached their destination on the side of the themes just as big ben sang out twelve o'clock
This was the site of most of the disturbances. As he turned around he realised they were stood outside the Houses of Parliament.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #338 on: October 31, 2015, 04:07:37 pm »

Celia much to her own surprise let Beety take over pushing Reid while she went back to the young man she was coming to accept as her son.  "My dear boy do you remember the dance of luck you concocted when you were still running about in sailor suits?  I get the feeling that if we all push back at the same time the ice and vines that block our way will not be able to stand."  Kissing his forehead she ruffled his hair and smiled at him with love.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #339 on: October 31, 2015, 07:39:17 pm »

"No mama," Tobias replied surprised how easy the words came to his lips, "Thats one of the memories I have lost when I was given the second chance at life.
Tobias thought of the time he spent learning how to be a soldier of the Alliance, to most, it wasn't a happy time, but to Tobias, it was a time where he felt contentment and peace.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #340 on: October 31, 2015, 08:24:08 pm »

"Then let me lead darling."  Celia twisted and wirled like a dervish. "Luck luck luck." She chanted laughing and flicking her fingers. The vines rustled and pushed back trying to get away from them.  The ice cracked at her laughter.  She grabbed Tobias and brought him along for the ride.
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #341 on: November 09, 2015, 12:22:36 am »

Verity pointed up as they approached a view of the houses of parliament "That's real, I mean it's the real London but the sky's wrong! It's painted over." she swallowed feeling sick, "Is luck going to be enough?"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #342 on: November 09, 2015, 03:00:21 am »

"I hope so."  Celia had not been expecting this when she stepped through the heavy door at the end of the hall.  "I think we are getting close to the heart of the spell but there is a tangle of light here that is making it imposable for me to find the right part to follow. I know that isn't an English sky but I don't know why they are doing this."
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #343 on: December 25, 2015, 10:55:19 am »

Tobias was dizzy from Celia's mad spinning dance and his senses were slightly out of control. Something caught his attention and he looked up at the sky while walking towards the door.

James and Mr Smith followed the walls of the building of Parliament and it took them a while to realise that something was wrong.
"Where are the windows and doors?" Mr Smith asked.
"I do not know, what ever is hiding them is blocking them from my senses."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #344 on: December 25, 2015, 04:02:39 pm »

Pained raindrops fell from the sky and at first they were just annoying but at time went on it was harder and harder for Celia to focus on the threads of light. The rain was interfering with her senses somehow.  There was a building looming in front of them she could barely see through the paint splatters. "Run quick they are trying to bury us in paint!" That was when the hail stared falling like fists in a brawl.
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #345 on: December 27, 2015, 06:37:50 pm »

Verity retaliated by picking up interesting coloured hailstones and throwing them to create her own art. Bill wondered if she was a reincarnated raven, aimed splatter wasn't something he expected from humans.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #346 on: December 27, 2015, 06:58:14 pm »

Suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass, and dozens of raven's feathers fell from the sky.  The smell of burned ozone hung heavy in the sky, and the celtic pattern tattooing itself on Reid's skin fractured and dissolved.    As it did, the paint all around him flowed outward like the tide.   He sighed heavily and moaned.    The ranger raised his hand to his forehead and rubbed his blinking eyes.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #347 on: December 27, 2015, 08:56:48 pm »

Eyes stinging from the paint rain Celia ran towards shelter pushing Reid in front of her.  She did not notice his awaking until she was sheltered in and alcove near the hall of parliament.  Tears welled in her eyes as everyone tried to find a place to get out of the storm.  "Welcome back." She left a paint smeared kiss on his forehead.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #348 on: December 27, 2015, 09:02:24 pm »

Reid looked at Celia and smiled.    Then he said  "I don't know what it means, but I am to tell you that you should focus on the disease not the symptoms.   And that you and the Morrigan need to clean the tally sheet when this is over, whatever that means."
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #349 on: December 27, 2015, 09:18:47 pm »

Tobias frowned at Reids words, but looked out at the falling paint. There was a pattern to the colours and he didn't like the pattern.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: