The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 11, 2017, 06:49:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ITV programme - Jekyll and Hyde  (Read 1497 times)
Hamilton
Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2016, 07:09:57 pm »

Quote " I just hope it isn't going to turn into 'Jekyll fights vampires, Jekyll fights werewolves, Jekyll fights Noel Coward', endless series of monster of the week nonsense. "

Are you psychic? Yes the series is cheesy ....but it is cheese of the highest order or at least a good brie. The first couple of episodes seemed to be a bit unsure as the actors seemed to be unsure of the tone however as the series has progressed it has become more sure-footed. And yes, it is a bit of Monster of The week however this is balanced out by a good plot arc; good as in "Boys Own" adventure which girls can also enjoy in a more ironic manner. Scene of the series has got to be Stephanie Hyam as Lily Clarke explaining why her allergy of oysters is similar to biophysical transformation. What Ho! I was all of a quiver and lunged for a restorative Malt. 

I am convinced - sign me up for a second series.

Lord Hamilton

Lord Hamilton has retuned to his lodgings and will accept visitors at the usual rates. Avocados supplied.

Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2016, 02:58:13 pm »

(snip)

I am convinced - sign me up for a second series.

(snip)

I'm afraid not; the series has been cancelled and the sets shipped off to serve a temporary accommodation for refugees. Shame - it was quirky enough to hold one's interest.

Yours,
Miranda.
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

Nothing beats a good hat.

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2016, 03:22:20 pm »

Cancelled because of the earlier complaints leading to further random and ridiculous scheduling over the 'holiday period' leading to a drop in viewing figures when people didn't know when and where to watch it. Apparently some people don't know how to read a TV guide or set a recorder. Smiley

As to the 'open' and unfinished cliff-hanger ending.....

Writer Charlie Higson Tweeted 'They're all dead'.

So that's that.

The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: