The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 18, 2017, 11:41:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I need a romance novel! Anyone written one  (Read 502 times)
StirlingHeartedMan
Swab

England England

"You have the cog to my brass heart"

« on: July 15, 2015, 05:32:35 pm »

Im not a manly man if I'm honest and I do love a good romance novel, as much as I love steampunk, so I was wondering if anyone has written an SP romance novel. Post a link or message me a link or something. I want to be inspired people. Show me that there is love in this genre!

GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 06:32:07 pm »

Steamed, by Katie Macalister is the first thing that comes to mind.

While the list is not arranged by genre within the genre (i.e., "Romance/Steampunk") the Relatively Comprehensive lists have a lot of books that have romance novel tropes/themes, and others that are more obviously "romance" but may be NSFW. So, buyer beware...

The lists are here:
"A (Relatively Comprehensive) List of Modern Steampunk Novels" http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,42449.0.html

"A (Relatively Comprehensive) List of Steampunk Anthologies" (quite a few of these are specifically targeted) http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,43749.0.html

Probably nothing (or not as much) for you here, but there's also "A (Relatively Comprehensive) List of Steampunk Graphic Novels" http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,42803.0.html

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 12:26:34 am by GCCC » Logged
StirlingHeartedMan
Swab

England England

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 06:34:58 pm »

Thanks, I'll most certainly look into it.
However I'm more looking for something someone on the forum has written. Fan stories and literature always has so much more character
Adaddinsane
Swab

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Gravatar

adaddinsane
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 08:56:24 pm »

New here so if self-promotion is unacceptable I don't mind being deleted :-)

Broken Vows << click! Available on Kindle and as a paperback.

It's a side-pre-quel to my main Steampunk series featuring the early life of one of the supporting characters. It is standalone and takes place during the Siege of Lucknow in India, 1857. It is a romance but there's lots of action and since sieges are not pretty, it's not pretty. Explicit (but not gratuitous) sex and violence.

Setting background: In 1843 Sir Michael Faraday demonstrates his Principle for the Partial Nullification of the Effects of Gravity, everything else is alternate history.

Steve Turnbull
Writer of Steampunk stories set in the Voidships universe
RayneSaikoro
Swab

Canada Canada

raynesaikoro
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 08:22:59 pm »

My short steampunk story might suit your tastes. Although it's not a novel, it's available for free today. If you miss out, you can always check back on my blog for another free day as I'd love some reviews! Smiley

The Machinist's Workshop: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013RR4WRO
After narrowly escaping death, Cecily is asked to repay the favor by helping to revive her fiancé Harlowe, a brilliant machinist. In order to accomplish the task, Cecily must work alongside four automatons who contain parts of the machinist's soul. As Cecily begins her mission, however, she discovers that the automatons have interpreted the plan quite differently, consequently undermining one another in their struggle to reach the same goal. As Harlowe's fragmented mind works against itself, ultimately endangering the person he tried so hard to save, Cecily finds herself uncertain not only of her new mechanical body, but of what her heart is telling her.

P.S: does anyone know if it's okay to create a post to promote your own story on this forum? Thanks Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: