The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 22, 2017, 04:46:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steampunk is dead?  (Read 11464 times)
Dr Fidelius
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Professor of Applied Paleontology, Miskatonic U.

« Reply #225 on: November 14, 2016, 01:53:50 pm »

...   I will not raise my hand in class until I can tell you why people would wear goggles ...

That's easy, sir.

As I believe I may have remarked elsewhere, goggles are essential to keep the dust out of one's eyes when piloting one's airship.

Also useful in the event of spitting cobras. One can never be too careful.

The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not represent any other persons, organizations, spirits, thinking machines, hive minds or other sentient beings on this world or any adjacent dimensions in the multiverse.
robertdmoores
Deck Hand
United States United States

Gravatar

Lord Erebus Rotomagos

« Reply #226 on: November 15, 2016, 01:50:51 am »

..... and carrying a few spare gears is like having a safety pin somewhere - one never knows when it may come in handy.

Good point!  In a world of clockwork gadgets, important things might wear out at the wrong time.  It would be handy to have a common selection of parts and pieces within reach.
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #227 on: November 15, 2016, 10:57:09 pm »

..... and carrying a few spare gears is like having a safety pin somewhere - one never knows when it may come in handy.

Good point!  In a world of clockwork gadgets, important things might wear out at the wrong time.  It would be handy to have a common selection of parts and pieces within reach.

Not that I'd repair it myself you understand, it would just make things easier for my minions (never let it be said that I'm an unreasonable despot!)

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: