The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 21, 2017, 09:40:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Mysterious Package Company  (Read 1948 times)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« on: July 03, 2015, 02:08:47 pm »

Note: Don't know if it counts as Textual (since is classified as a ARG and therefore a RPG ) or Tactile.

Bring a little mystery in your life for 100% free:
https://www.mysteriouspackage.com/

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
LoneTraveler
Deck Hand
United States United States

My beloved airship, the Odyssey...

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 02:49:36 am »

I read a review about this Mysterious Package thing. The author of the review was amazed even by the lowest-priced package. From what I understand, the idea is that this company basically sells secretive and/or obscure articles about the oddities of the world such as ancient flying machines or secret societies. It sounds pretty hokey, and yet I still want to spend $50 on a box of tin foil hat crap. My mind is a weird place.

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 04:29:58 pm »

Who doesn't want to be Indiana Jones? Cheesy

T. C. Halloway
Officer

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 09:41:58 pm »

Wow! I've just finished the application process, and I'm intrigued. Part of my interest is due to the fact that there is next to no information anywhere about it. Here's what I've gleaned from the cryptic whispers in shady back alleys of the aethernet:

The are different levels of involvement (with correspondingly large price tags). Level one is the box of tin foil hat crap. It's basically a fortean commonplace book. Level two, they send letters and packages to an address of your choice, containing clues to a story. It's like if Indiana Jones was created by H. P. Lovecraft and Bram Stoker. Think pirates, haunted islands, secret inheritances from long-lost relatives, and Things Man Was Not Meant To Know. Level three is level two, but you have complete control over the details.
Augustus Longeye
Daedric Prince of Biscuits
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 10:29:54 pm »

Interesting. I'm genuinely intrigued, but someone batted around some very large prices that I can't spare to it. If anyone has more please do share (but no spoilers!).
~Longeye~

Quote from: Sir Nikolas
I say you, chaps down there! Piss off, see? Haa ha! Love, Space Longeye <3
T. C. Halloway
Officer

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 10:45:51 pm »

Yeah, the prices are hefty. It's around US$200 for the mid-level experience. If you do a Google Image search for "mysterious package company", you'll get an essentially spoiler-free idea.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: