The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 17, 2017, 06:54:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Barker Street Irregulars case 1 Crowned Panic.  (Read 10421 times)
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

The werewolf Airship Captain.

« Reply #200 on: June 14, 2015, 06:35:01 pm »

James drew his revolver and fired at reid, a ball of lightning exited the barrel and hit him square in the chest causing him to go into another spasm. He returned the revolver to his holster and lead back against the wall with his arms cross.
When reid recovered and turned towards James, his face bright red, James shrugged "Well you did ask, but sorry I only carrie non-lethal weapons." He replied with a wolfish grin that almost traveled from ear to ear. If he hadn't been fully sober from the concoction poured down his thought, the lightning bolt made sure that he had now fully come to his sense's, Unfortunately it would mean that he was so awake that he wouldn't be able to sleep for over 24 hours.

I suffer from a random misfiring synapse and a bad case of wolfen the turns me into a seven-foot-tall werewolf or a seven-foot great wolf!
https://dragon-rehoming-centre.myshopify.com/
http://purbry.wordpress.com
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Long Live The Icarus!

https://twitter.com/Steam
« Reply #201 on: June 14, 2015, 06:43:29 pm »

Abraham walked from his less fruitful venture to the clubhouse to see an angry Reid, an intoxicated Mallard, and an upset Celia.

"While you lot were fooling around, I was accomplishing things. The black market holds nothing but myths, but the poor in the slums are going missing, daily. Something is wrong in that quarter."

Welcome aboard Steampunk Away! We are a small custom order shop, creating jewelry, props, costumes, drawings, and models. Email us at steampunkaway@gmail.com to have us create your special order on commission! Have a mechanical day!
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #202 on: June 14, 2015, 06:51:04 pm »

James stood up, all humour had gone from the room, he straitened up and turned to Abraham,
"You need my old dog to have a sniff around tonight?"
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

https://twitter.com/Steam
« Reply #203 on: June 14, 2015, 06:56:14 pm »

"No, too obvious, it would draw the wrong type of attention. However, we could have Beety dress up as the impoverished, if she wouldn't mind that it, and you would follow her scent if she is taken."

Turning to the room, "That sound like a better idea to everyone than kissing the pavement after two lightweights cannot hold their own? There are people who could be injured by the same people who took the bird, and you are getting inebriated."

Abraham turned and went up the stairs to sulk in the study.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

https://rangerreid.wordpress.com/

« Reply #204 on: June 14, 2015, 06:59:43 pm »

As Abraham left the room Reid growled in a voice he was sure would carry to the next room  "I keep getting criticized by people after a big fight, but only by people who sat the fight out.   This place is going to take some getting used to."

Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #205 on: June 14, 2015, 07:06:57 pm »

"All right Mal time to rejoin the world." Celia said emptying the bottle in to his mouth and moving away from the aftermath.  As the first waved hit a watery voice sounded.  "Oh the false king comes."  The gargoyle said mornfuly.  "His feet stain our hallowed ground."

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
Prof. Isambard Ravenwood
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Paddle faster, I hear Banjos...

« Reply #206 on: June 14, 2015, 07:23:34 pm »

Mallard looked at the bottle in hand "Wow, I've ffffinally met sssomebody who likesss creme de' menthe!" he said, giggling. He took the bottle and eyed it suspiciously "What the hell, I won't remember this in the morning..." and took a gulp. What a mistake. Immediately Mallard felt like he'd been smacked with a ten ton wet haddock, he tried to move, but he'd already collapsed into a pile on the floor. The effect was the same as on Reid, everything on his body shed some kind of fluid, even his spit tasted of pure ethanol. He stayed like this on the floor for a full 15 minutes, quietly wimpering in a large pool of his own bodily fluids. when he finally drew the strength to get up, he immediately screamed and doubled over "OH MY GOOOOOOOD!!!!!!! I'M HAVING THE ENTIRE MORNING AFTER ALL AT ONCEEEEEE ARRRRGH!" he head was absolutely thumping, it felt like it was coming out of his ears. After the process was finally over, he remembered the conversation he'd heard whilst drunk, and he remembered what he'd needed to tell Celia and the others.

I don't know why I have to learn algebra... I have no intention whatsoever of ever going there...

"Uh-uh. I know what you're thinking. Did he discharge 6 chambers, or was it only 5? Well, I rather forgot myself, what with all this excitement and all. But seeing that this is a .45 Civiliser, the most powerful hand-cannon in the Empire, and will blow your goggles clean off, you ought to ask yourself a question. Do I feel lucky?

"Well, do you... steampunk?"
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #207 on: June 14, 2015, 07:25:34 pm »

As Mallard went through the throws of instant sobering, Reid watched with fascination.  When he seemed stable, Reid tossed the towel to him.

The ranger knew he wouldn't need to explain much about the tower incident.  Mallard would do the talking for them both just fine.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #208 on: June 14, 2015, 07:44:58 pm »

"I shall remain ready and at your service!" James replied with an over flourished bow.
"Madam Cella, untill i'm needed, do you have a room I may hire to get some rest?"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #209 on: June 14, 2015, 07:53:57 pm »

"Rest for now captain but be ready to go in the dawn.  There are things that we should avoid meeting in the dark. The pearl room is up the stairs to the left and it should be welcoming to you." Celia was transcribing everything the gargoyle said in to her black book adding notes where she could.
Prof. Isambard Ravenwood
Snr. Officer

« Reply #210 on: June 14, 2015, 07:55:49 pm »

"Celia I have something incredibly important to tell you. While we were at the tower, the birds were.. somehow wrong, cursed... we found bits of candle wax and wick in the droppings (failing to mention it was Reid's discovery) suggesting someone has been using them to perform black magic rituals, then, they started screeching all at once, and through a stroke of sheer brilliance if I do say so myself, I realized that they were using they shape of the courtyard to reflect the screeches at the tower, using it as a conduit to open the gate! Again, I saved the day by realizing we needed to interfere with the sound waves, and we managed to prevent it, but I don't know if it's stopped it indefinitely..."
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 08:01:59 pm by Prof. Isambard Ravenwood » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #211 on: June 14, 2015, 08:18:20 pm »

"Well that explains why Charlemagne was saying about the old traditions coming back.  Those idiots are trying to open the realm of Arthur.  That is only supposed to open in the last hours of England. The power they can draw from there is frightening." Celia shivered that was exactly what she was ment to prevent.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #212 on: June 14, 2015, 08:26:01 pm »

Reid sat listening to the detective tell the narrative.  He caught the detective's eye and raised one eyebrow.  "pitiful" thought the ranger.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #213 on: June 14, 2015, 08:33:19 pm »

James froze in the middle of the doorway causing Mr.Smith to walk into his back and let out a growl so deep that even the Gargoyle was stunned and the glass in the room vibrated against each other.
"That will never happen, Queen Victoria Pendragon will not allow that to come to pass and I will kill anyone who steps through." he said in a voice that was defiantly deep enough to have come from a werewolf, he continued out of the door and stomped up the stairs looking for the indicated room, leaving Mr. Smith in the Lobby.
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #214 on: June 14, 2015, 09:00:07 pm »

"She wishes to bring The Morrigan down to the shadow tale Morgana"  The Gargoyle stopped speaking whilst Toby refilled the watering can.  "It's fascinating how legends change over time don't you think." said Beety as she waited to start pouring again. "From a Goddess to sorceress, from choosing a champion to tricking a man into incest.  The petty lies and the great lies to try and enslave powers to deep for them to hold." She steadied herself and began tipping the newly filled can for the gargoyles next sentence.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #215 on: June 14, 2015, 09:11:09 pm »

Reid looked at Beety sharply  "I was wrong about the images I saw.  There were three women.  The crone, the queen, and the maiden.  I am sorry, I missed it.  The gargoyle was trying to tell me.  The Morrigan."
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 09:13:32 pm by Ranger Reid » Logged
Prof. Isambard Ravenwood
Snr. Officer

« Reply #216 on: June 14, 2015, 09:23:40 pm »

"So hang me, but I don't know much about the Arthurian legends, I know about the holy grail quest, and the lady of the lake and the sword in the stone, but I have no clue about the relationship between any of the people within them. This is definitely not what I expected when Charley said it was a stolen bird..."
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 09:25:32 pm by Prof. Isambard Ravenwood » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #217 on: June 14, 2015, 09:27:41 pm »

"She is building the three phases.  That is bad news. She was divided in one of the last  battles because of how large a threat to humanity she had become. And if she has an Arthur even if it is a false one that adds to what she can call.  The summer fae would be hard pressed to stand again her."  This was an utter nightmare.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 10:23:05 pm by Stella Gaslight » Logged
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #218 on: June 14, 2015, 10:04:47 pm »

Beety's expression froze "I believe it's worse than that. Someone is trying to enslave each aspect whilst she's weakened and then bring her to full power under their control.  To offer The Morrigan Power in order to harness her,   whoever is trying to replace Arthur is mad."
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #219 on: June 14, 2015, 10:41:00 pm »

Reid looked completely shaken.  He called to Beety and Celia.  "Ladies, there is something I must admit to you, but please, to you two only."   
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #220 on: June 14, 2015, 10:44:25 pm »

"The thing about Arthur to remember is he promised to come back in the end and lead us In to a new golden age.  But triggering him early will distort the power and leave us an eternal tyrant.  One of the things my line is supposed to prevent." Celia had never really thought she could run into that problem in her lifetime.  "Who could hold the Morgan's reigns and not go mad?"  Her face said it all.  "What trouble are you in Reid?"
Prof. Isambard Ravenwood
Snr. Officer

« Reply #221 on: June 14, 2015, 11:09:47 pm »

Mallard looked at Reid, his expression made his point for him. He got up and walked out of the room, muttering something about phoning a bloke who might have a case for him, looking thoroughly disgruntled.
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #222 on: June 14, 2015, 11:12:27 pm »

The Gargoyle waved Beety down from her perch and pointed her toward Celia and an ashen Reid, he looked as scared as she felt.  
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #223 on: June 14, 2015, 11:14:56 pm »

Reid proceeded to tell the ladies of his family's curse.

Afterward he said "I fear that I might draw more of her attention upon you.   I do not know if my presence here will help, or hurt, or have no effect.  So I ask you ladies, should I continue with this group?"
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #224 on: June 14, 2015, 11:33:28 pm »

Beety tried to be matter of fact in the face of terror "If The Morrrigan wants something from us it won't help to scatter."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: