The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 19, 2017, 10:16:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Barker Street Irregulars OOC and Set Up Thread  (Read 16120 times)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #700 on: August 19, 2016, 02:44:57 am »

So, I guess I killed it

I'm really sorry about that...

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #701 on: September 11, 2016, 10:51:04 pm »

If there is a chance of us restarting Case Three may I suggest reading more Seanan McGuire, Indexing and Indexing Reflections.

This is a modern take on the terrifying cruelty of stories and being dangerously caught up in their narrative.

If we want to do a new story and just say that The Case of The Malicious Books had been a difficult problem but now that we had another case we would return to reviewing our notes on it later.

I have some tentative ideas for a new case  "In Manner Of Fashion" if anybody is Interested.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #702 on: September 14, 2016, 09:27:54 am »

I am interested. I will admit the rest of my ideas for mysterious book have wandered off.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #703 on: September 14, 2016, 05:27:48 pm »

In Manner Of Fashion

A series of people have been found in some form of trance.  Dressed impeccably beautifully groomed, doing everything gracefully  but not interacting with the people around them at all. Some do sing, but it is like a music box without any variation or interruption. Includes one or more that some Irregulars already know.  Or, if you like, one of the Irregulars.    

They appear in an extensive and expensive succession of fashionable ensembles suitable to the hour and the activity.  It is as if each one were an automaton wound up to display the fashionable ideal.  
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #704 on: September 19, 2016, 07:20:14 am »

In Manner Of Fashion note two

A fashionably dressed individual has been found in a state of collapse near the Barker Street club.  They have been given an extreme makeover.  Skin appears without blemish teeth shine, hands have been manicured the nails buffed to a neat gloss.  The figure has been enhanced by expensive corsetry and clothed in the very latest fashion.  They are semi conscious and delirious "Perfect Results." is a the only clear phrase in their ravings.

Any volunteer to be the Fashion Victim, either as one of the team or a new secondary character?  Male corsetry was in fashion during various parts of the Victorian era so there are no restrictions on gender.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #705 on: September 20, 2016, 04:58:42 pm »

Interesting ideas! Which to do, and when to start?
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #706 on: September 21, 2016, 03:30:06 pm »

In Manner Of Fashion note three.

This is from the antagonists point of view.

The first few advertisements were out

ARE YOU WANTING TO DANCE ALL THE POPULAR DANCES?
OUR NEW METHOD WILL HAVE YOU MOVING TO PERFECTION IN ONLY A FEW SHORT WEEKS

DO YOU WISH YOUR INNER BEAUTY TO SHINE FORTH?
WE WILL REVEAL YOUR PERFECT SELF.

LEARN TO PAINT LIKE A MASTER IN LITTLE OVER A MONTH!
PERFECT PAINTINGS BY YOUR OWN HAND.

PLAY PIANO PERFECTLY IN FIVE WEEKS
OUR PATENTED METHOD WILL HAVE ALL THE LATEST TUNES FLOWING FROM YOUR FINGERTIPS!

ARE YOU  A WEED?
BECOME THE PERFECT SPECIMEN OF MANHOOD ADMIRED BY ALL!!!

ACHEIVE PERFECT RESULTS EVERY TIME.

Indeed he would, human frailty had no place in the modern world.  Dull mortal clay had perfection buried so deeply inside.  He would bring it forth, refine it and display it for the edification of the world.  His genius would benefit all mankind.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #707 on: September 29, 2016, 12:56:02 am »

Been having an excruciating toothache, and had it taken out (forcibly and horribly, LOL) om Monday. Am now recuperating and all doped up on high-test acetaminophen with codeine and antibiotics. Would love to start this if anybody wants to, just can't promise to be totally coherent for the next 24 hours still...
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #708 on: October 24, 2016, 10:05:08 pm »

Miss Walking Stick, I do not mean to hijack your ideas or storyline, just trying to jumpstart things, so to speak.

Hoping Pall Mall is a suitable backdrop for starting out.

Shall I provide a beleaguered new character, or does someone else wish to their regular one or a new one?

I'm open to whichever...
------------------------
My personal soundtrack so far:

https://youtu.be/Dxvej27d8N0

https://youtu.be/_-fkM4K_26U
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 10:18:59 pm by MWBailey » Logged
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #709 on: October 25, 2016, 01:13:57 am »

I'll continue but it remains to be seen if/when the others join in for the story to flow.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #710 on: October 26, 2016, 02:58:28 pm »

Six weeks of renfair is far too many weeks. Especially when work desides to start ar 3 and 4 am insted of 5.  I am finally able to not have to rush about like a crazy person making things for sale and trying not to fall asleep in my paints.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #711 on: October 26, 2016, 06:37:48 pm »

Welcome back!

Had a car accident about 2 weeks ago; my vehicle got clobbered on the right side and spun around and ended up on the median across the intersection. it's not going  to be ready at the repair shop until mid-November, so I'm stuck at home taking care of folks, getting various kinds of exercise, doing yard work and home repair, doing the door prize, etc. paintings for the next round of festivals and such, and cadging rides from family and friends for important events. So, I have a modicum of free time while the paint dries (I use acrylics and a modified-for-water-based-media Bob Ross -ish technique for backgrounds coupled with as close to photorealism as i can manage for the actual representational parts of the image. That means I have to wait for one part to dry before trying the next part, yadda yadda). Upshot is, I have a little free time for stuff like RPs. I hope...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 06:45:01 pm by MWBailey » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #712 on: October 27, 2016, 05:20:01 pm »

Enter Mr. Smallpot (not sure where the surname came from, it just sort of fell out of my cerebrum). Not sure quite yet what he does; I think he could be either a clockmaker/repairman who wants a higher-class clientele, or a very minor clerk in the Knights Temporal Head Office (or any other quasi-magical organization's headquarters) who wants to be higher up than he is. Which (or what, if different) do you all want for him?
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #713 on: October 27, 2016, 08:45:03 pm »

How about this.

Mr Smallpot is reliable worker in a watchmaking and repair business occasionally used by The Knights Temporal for simple repairs and reliable basic watches.  They have a file on him but he doesn't know about them. He would perhaps recognise a couple of faces and/or cover names but he is completely unaware of their organisation.  To him they are just good customers who pay well for neat workmanship and precision.  He dreams of having a business in his own name and being watchmaker to the cream of Society.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #714 on: October 29, 2016, 02:53:27 am »

I got called away to go and have supper out with the folks; since I have no vehicle while mine is in the shop, I more or less have to jump and run if they say so, in order to participate in such activities as eating out. Thus, I left tat last post kindof up in the air, so to speak. I meant to add that  the cabbie found that Mr. Smallpot "reeked of the supernatural," but they started yelling about "ungrateful offspring" "taking all night to do absolutely nothing," so I had to hightail it out the door (lol).

In any case, I'll just go with the flow and pick up at the point where teh cabbie and teh watchmaker are about to (try to) give Toby a thrashing lesson...

(I'll be out from early AM til Late PM tomorrow, as I will be at the dulcimer society's annual campout at Brazos Bend State Park (just for the day; the folks are a bit  overprotective since the accident, and in any case I don't relish a night out in mosquito and alligator heaven without my car and it's A/C to sleep in and help ward off the B*!#tards).
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #715 on: October 29, 2016, 02:43:08 pm »

I can wait for you to come back.  What I was going for is that Toby tends to forget not everything is magical and that he isn't invincible in the club only well protected.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #716 on: November 08, 2016, 06:33:10 pm »

Trying to come up with dialogue for Marley and Smallpot. Also, taking care of errands on the bicycle (since the folks are leery of driving in rainy and/or unstable weather). What takes less than a five-to-ten-minute drive in the car takes an hour's ride on the bike for various reasons, mainly to do with using streets and hike/bike trails that are not traffic-infested deathtraps. Thus, I eat a lot of time going for small bike-friendly daypack loads of prescriptions and necessities. These would normally be negligible short hops in my car, but of course the car is still in the shop post-accident, so...

Hopefully the car will be ready on Thursday or Friday (not that I really believe it, but that's what the shop keeps saying in it's emailed progress reports). Have to see.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #717 on: November 09, 2016, 03:14:24 am »

Take your time I know what it is like to be busy.  What I was thinking was something odd happens with smallpot and Celia will be released just in time to help
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #718 on: November 10, 2016, 09:09:30 am »

Deleted by myself, of my own free will, at the system-indicated time.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 02:43:26 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #719 on: December 11, 2016, 02:41:13 am »

So are you back?
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #720 on: December 11, 2016, 07:37:12 am »

Depends. Kind of busy with car woes, performances, getting Dad into and home from surgery next week (hernia, he nearly waited too long), and will be doing basically EVERYTHING around the house for the next few weeks while he recovers. But yeah, I guess i am, to some extent.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #721 on: December 12, 2016, 05:30:48 pm »

That is ok I am working a whole bunch too. When things calm down we can get back to the game.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #722 on: December 13, 2016, 08:11:25 pm »

I was thinking I'd post something this week, but whatever is convenient for you all.
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #723 on: December 13, 2016, 09:11:35 pm »

I'm not sure who you all currently includes but whenever you want to resume I'll be happy to read the next bit.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #724 on: January 02, 2017, 08:20:43 pm »

Every. Single. Time. I get ready to write something, Dad tries to lift something (he's convalescing from hernia surgery and is still on an 8-pound lifting ban - and STILL has a teenager's physicality mindset...), or decides he absolutely MUST have me search out and print some kind of document. *sigh* I really will try to have something up soon.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: