The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 20, 2017, 06:10:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Barker Street Irregulars OOC and Set Up Thread  (Read 15896 times)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #625 on: January 15, 2016, 04:02:19 am »

Please pardon my attempt at humor. I couldn't resist the idea of the sending from Toby acting like a ground-to-air lightning discharge. Cheesy

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #626 on: January 15, 2016, 07:54:11 am »

Sorry if I took too much freedom with the *uncial letters bit. I can provide an example of such, or rewrite the post, taking a more familiar letter form, or omit that bit entirely if you want (alphabets - usually nonenglish and often esoteric or obscure ones - are a hobby of mine. Sorry if my geeking out is creepy - hence the spoilered bit below; us alphabet freaks are a weird, somewhat irreverent bunch).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 08:01:36 am by MWBailey » Logged
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #627 on: January 16, 2016, 08:28:46 am »

Speaking of books, Victorian improving stories for children can sometimes be gruesome enough to belong in Tales FromThe Crypt.  Der Struwwelpeter is Shockheaded Peter in it's original form.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

The werewolf Airship Captain.

« Reply #628 on: January 16, 2016, 08:22:08 pm »

Sorry if I took too much freedom with the *uncial letters bit. I can provide an example of such, or rewrite the post, taking a more familiar letter form, or omit that bit entirely if you want (alphabets - usually nonenglish and often esoteric or obscure ones - are a hobby of mine. Sorry if my geeking out is creepy - hence the spoilered bit below; us alphabet freaks are a weird, somewhat irreverent bunch).

"C" was never really needed as dependent on pronunciation, it could sound like a "K" (Kenaz).
But of course, both Irish and welsh Gaelic was had the letters sounding different.
If you really want to get into old Irish the remember that there is no "th" sound in the Language which is why three sounds like tree
Edit: found a reference in Medieval Farthuk Fathark Futhark to the "C", looks like an upside down capital "T" but with a small middle leg.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 10:27:31 am by CPT_J_Percell » Logged

I suffer from a random misfiring synapse and a bad case of wolfen the turns me into a seven-foot-tall werewolf or a seven-foot great wolf!
https://dragon-rehoming-centre.myshopify.com/
http://purbry.wordpress.com
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #629 on: January 17, 2016, 05:03:36 am »

"C" was never really needed as dependent on pronunciation, it could sound like a "K" (Kenaz).
But of course, both Irish and welsh Gaelic was had the letters sounding different.
If you really want to get into old Irish the remember that there is no "th" sound in the Language which is why three sounds like tree
Edit: found a referance in Medieval Farthuk to the "C", looks like an upside down capital "T" but with a small middle leg.

LOL.

Oh, dear.

"Farthuk" is an anagram of "Futhark," Mr. Purcell. I'm afraid you'be been had, or else you need a better spellchecker. Not that I have much room to talk, lol.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #630 on: January 17, 2016, 06:02:29 am »

Edit: found a referance in Medieval Farthuk to the "C", looks like an upside down capital "T" but with a small middle leg.

LOL.

Oh, dear.

"Farthuk" is an anagram of "Futhark," Mr. Purcell. I'm afraid you'be been had, or else you need a better spellchecker. Not that I have much room to talk, lol.

Perhaps I had better qualify in order to clarify.

Bill is speaking in a manner that I have often encountered in linguistics professors and such, who will drone on and on for hours about one particular point of historical grammar or a part of speech in a "dead" or disused language

Now, this bit about the C symbol.
Spoilered for the sake of ny fellow players' sanity. Peruse at your own risk (LOL).
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 06:08:30 am by MWBailey » Logged
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #631 on: January 17, 2016, 10:25:25 am »

LOL.

Oh, dear.

Dear Mr Bailey,
Seri was drunk and wouldn't understand any combination of letters!
I now know that it comes from the first 7 letters in the alphabet!
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #632 on: January 18, 2016, 04:39:46 pm »

I hope I haven't killed both RPs; I keep waiting for others to post things (it's not just about me or my character(s) after all), but it seems I've driven the others off. Maybe I'm just assuming blame out of a guilt complex, but thats how it seems to me.

In any case, I've gotten a dire threat/warning from my primary doc (going to meet with him in about an hour and a half) and other issues are pressing hard on me right now, so I might not be able to post regularly. Sorry about that.

(Then again, it could all follow the previous pattern and be all hunky-dory this PM. Have to see; but I doubt it)
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #633 on: January 19, 2016, 03:28:40 am »

Sorry for not posting I have been dealing with an engineering project that makes me want to scream.  I will be back at it soon.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

https://rangerreid.wordpress.com/

« Reply #634 on: January 24, 2016, 03:15:37 am »

I need to make a solid apology and a decision.   I simply have been inundated at work, and won't be able to participate.   It is unfair to you guys for me to hold up the works.    Write my character out, but if you can, leave the door open for when things calm down.

Thanks!  and I am sorry I have waffled so much.   I simply didn't want to admit it to myself because I enjoy writing with you guys so much.

MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #635 on: January 24, 2016, 04:51:00 am »

Ditto my answer from the Duck Pond OOC; the people where you're being sent are more important and needy than these RPs, muich though we will miss you.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #636 on: January 28, 2016, 03:25:26 am »

"Ungrammatical, but true..." I just wish I could remember what show that's from.

Not much of a post, but it's a start. Shall we play?
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #637 on: January 29, 2016, 06:15:53 am »

Sorry i have been realy stressed but I promise not to wander off again.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #638 on: January 30, 2016, 06:26:42 am »

That's OK. Welcome back!
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #639 on: February 05, 2016, 09:42:15 pm »

Does anyone need the ascendance of a wolf who has crossed the border between life and death?

Sorry just popped in and had Little red riding hood on my mind of late while working on my books.

If you would like a planeswalker to help out then Toby should know how to summon a soul who walks the line.

That or he will end up summoning the wolfs ex who is now the Queen of Death ......
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #640 on: February 06, 2016, 03:55:14 am »

Stella's going through a rough patch just now; Not sure of the status of the RP. I've been in kind of a holding pattern to see what she wants to do. Not sure about the others. I  kind of hate to take off without her.

The werewolf thing sounds interesting, though.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #641 on: February 06, 2016, 08:57:52 am »

Stella's going through a rough patch just now; Not sure of the status of the RP. I've been in kind of a holding pattern to see what she wants to do. Not sure about the others. I  kind of hate to take off without her.

The werewolf thing sounds interesting, though.

Think of him kind as kind of a spirit guide. When travelling foreign ground it help to have someone who serves the land.
The Marionette
Deck Hand
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #642 on: February 06, 2016, 03:31:59 pm »

Figured I might give it a go, if possible....

Sir Quintus Meskae

Unspecified, appears in his late 50s else early 60s.

Male

History

Sir Quintus made his fortunes during the expansion of the Empire to the far east and India, where he promptly lost most of it on a poor bet with a local Raj.

It’s alright though, he regained it by using his connections in the East India Company to have the Raj’s kingdom promptly annexed.

Contained within the Raj’s vaults were various mystical texts that he studied during his off time, when he wasn’t managing his tea and opium plantations. As fun as it was, he eventually became bored and decided to move back to Britain to find a bit of more hands-on adventure.

Skills

Pugilism and use of seemingly archaic weaponry. Sir Quintus enjoys a good fist fight with anything ranging from a tiger to a man and this makes him seemingly quite reckless.

His main “ranged” weapons are, on the surface, rather ineffective looking.  A pistol with “Fortuna diaboli” on the barrel and a blunderbuss encrusted with jewels and sanscript. The latter cannot actually kill anything, but does seem able to disperse mystical energies temporarily.

This can be a double edged sword as it interrupts any and all such energies, friend and foe alike.

Speciality

Far Eastern Knowledge - Sir Quintus has additional knowledge of Far Eastern mythos in both India and China. Not that he particularly understands it per se, but the books are available if people need them.

Imperial Connections - Thanks to his work for the Empire, Quintus has connections in various government and company areas. This only works for Indian and Far Eastern offices, however. Any other department (including numerous domestic ones) won’t have a clue who he is, aside from a rich looking eccentric.

Personality

His personality is as large as he is, and sometimes rather boorish. His views can sometimes be a bit backward, especially regarding women (he’s been married four times…) but for the most part he’s here for an adventure, and he’ll bloody well have one!

Well, provided you don’t interrupt his tea time anyways.

What you look like

A big man with a barrel chest and mutton chop whiskers. He wears fine clothes which he will sometimes swap out for hunting gear if the mood takes him. His piercing blue eyes have a permanently amused twinkle in his eyes.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #643 on: February 07, 2016, 03:29:16 am »

welcome to the game sorry I haven't been on I just had to have emergency dental surgery yesterday for a tooth that has been bothering me for months.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #644 on: February 07, 2016, 09:50:34 am »

I hope that is all you wanted from Tobias, if you want him to follow then please ask.

Lets see where you can squeeze in The Marionette
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 09:53:08 am by CPT_J_Percell » Logged
The Marionette
Deck Hand
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #645 on: February 07, 2016, 07:13:42 pm »

I hope that is all you wanted from Tobias, if you want him to follow then please ask.

Knowing Sir Quintus?

Wandered into the magical forest Celia is stuck in entirely by accident.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #646 on: February 07, 2016, 08:18:02 pm »

Knowing Sir Quintus?

Wandered into the magical forest Celia is stuck in entirely by accident.

Make sure you check out the whole discussion from the first page http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,47314.0.html
I'll wait for the others to answer as I'm just popping in briefly between works.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #647 on: February 08, 2016, 02:15:20 am »

Again, not to make a big deal of it, but while crows and ravens are both corvidae, they are not one and the same. Marley and Bill are ravens, not crows.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #648 on: February 08, 2016, 07:11:59 am »

Again, not to make a big deal of it, but while crows and ravens are both corvidae, they are not one and the same. Marley and Bill are ravens, not crows.

My bad, I forgot which one they were while I was typing, will change it.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #649 on: February 08, 2016, 05:50:49 pm »

Thanks!

Like I said, not a huge deal, but it could get confusing, so thanks again.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: