The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 18, 2017, 11:37:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Barker Street Irregulars OOC and Set Up Thread  (Read 16498 times)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #600 on: October 28, 2015, 10:45:23 pm »

i'll be off to my monthly oldtime music jam this evening. I should be back before latemight, and will try to put something up then.

Been taking care of Dad's car and taking him to drop off and then pick it up from the dealership (warranty work), also helping with the grocery shopping aqnd housework (they're getting up in years, so they can't do as much as they used to, poor dears).

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #601 on: October 29, 2015, 06:08:11 pm »

AAgghh... got onto a knock-down-drag-out fiddle jam and was too pooped to do more than go to bed when I got home (f the jam keeps going til 3 or even 6 am, I'm fine, but once it stops, I just sort of fold up and snooze).

Then the folks wanted to do housework (which means me doing it, since they're just a bit too decrepit to do most of it without assistance) this AM.

Hopefully, I can have something up in a little bit.

Right now, I'm having lunch and flogging the computer into submission.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

The werewolf Airship Captain.

« Reply #602 on: October 29, 2015, 06:27:29 pm »

I know you said not to help reid but I half expected someone to refuse/rebuke Tobias' offer.

I suffer from a random misfiring synapse and a bad case of wolfen the turns me into a seven-foot-tall werewolf or a seven-foot great wolf!
https://dragon-rehoming-centre.myshopify.com/
http://purbry.wordpress.com
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

https://rangerreid.wordpress.com/

« Reply #603 on: October 29, 2015, 06:55:59 pm »

I guess what would make sense is for folks to try, but to have only minimal effect. 

I didn't refuse it since I didn't see Reid having the strength to answer...   Tobias could try but the energy only dissipates?  Not sure. 

I think Celia will have to break through to either him or the Morrigan for this to improve.   Not sure how it will go, and don't want my side adventure to overshadow the main story.

MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #604 on: October 29, 2015, 07:41:55 pm »

I did not mean to dissuade anybody from trying to help Reid: I just figured somebody would need to say something like that if only to vent.

I half expected several people to post before I finished writing that (it took me a couple of hours of composing and erasing inane stupidities before I had something worth using), thus creating a logical basis for Marley to make such a speech, but it didn't happen that way (sorry about that).

Marley's concerned for the Gyre and for "what has to be," in order for reality (as he and the rest of the characters would recognize it) to continue on as before, but even thiough it's his stock in trade to regulate such things, that does not mean that everything he says has to go just "so"; he's not infallible, nor is he the Superintendant of Reality.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #605 on: October 29, 2015, 07:48:44 pm »

I guess what would make sense is for folks to try, but to have only minimal effect. 

I didn't refuse it since I didn't see Reid having the strength to answer...   Tobias could try but the energy only dissipates?  Not sure. 

I think Celia will have to break through to either him or the Morrigan for this to improve.   Not sure how it will go, and don't want my side adventure to overshadow the main story.

I don't know, maybe the wound is more spiritual and prevents Reid form holding the energy.
I just expected someone to "Rant" or "Rebuke"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #606 on: October 31, 2015, 04:10:33 pm »

it has taken Celia a while to truly take on Tobias as her own and he should get ready for a slightly sappy mama to shower him with love.  She may live for London but her heart is with her boys.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #607 on: November 08, 2015, 08:55:50 pm »

I'm baaack...
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #608 on: November 08, 2015, 09:12:07 pm »

I have a suggestion for continuing the current scene.  Real London Painted Sky. Does this interest you?  If so, I'll have Verity point it out.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #609 on: November 08, 2015, 09:27:24 pm »

Tobias is confused and James is stood outside the houses of parliament and I have lost the plot!
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #610 on: November 08, 2015, 09:59:29 pm »

What is happening is through warmth and silliness we have broken the paper Merlin who was trying to freeze us and time.  The white knights are not going to be happy at all with this and we are likely to be swarmed.  The painted sky sounds good to me.  I think what they are trying to do is cut Celia off from London and put her at a disadvantage because The man in gray is waiting for them at parlament with the focus of the ink spells.  So in order to brake them we have to go through him.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 03:55:44 pm by Stella Gaslight » Logged
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #611 on: November 09, 2015, 03:57:19 pm »

I am going to return Reid to at least partial function when the time is right.   

I am just waiting to make it flow with the story.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #612 on: December 31, 2015, 01:07:00 am »

I've begun to notice that, if you read my posts and pronounce the typos as written, they sound disturbingly like the fake-Vichy-Policeman-undercover- British-agent character from Allo Allo...

https://youtu.be/zGNVU5ZjlgA
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 03:40:00 am by MWBailey » Logged
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #613 on: December 31, 2015, 01:47:19 pm »

I don't know about that, but its causing me to stutter as I read.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #614 on: January 02, 2016, 05:22:15 pm »

I think I have a pretty good idea for a story next time.  The hostel territory may turn out to be fairy tail woods where unarmed  Celia gets trapped and toby finds out more about himself trying to save her.  It is only slightly because I just finished reading the school of good and evil and very much enjoyed myself.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #615 on: January 02, 2016, 08:56:46 pm »

Sounds ok but I advise that the main core story is remembered hence why I mentioned the ring.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #616 on: January 03, 2016, 04:04:59 am »

Actually I want the Morgan to play a big part of it she should be caught up in the story as well perhaps playing an evil sorceress. The wood itself is just trying to help sort out our affairs of the heart and holds over Reid.  And the wood is one of the primal forces in England like old man river and the dragons deep in the earth.  In order to patch the stone she will have to have some of each.
Prof. Isambard Ravenwood
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Paddle faster, I hear Banjos...

« Reply #617 on: January 09, 2016, 01:03:20 am »

Hi again guys, It may come as quite a shock to you all that I'M NOT DEAD. ANYMORE. MOSTLY. Anyway, so sorry for nearly 6 months of radio silence, I've suddenly got very, very busy very, very quickly, and it has left no time at all to even think about writing, so, I sincerely apologize. I am not up to date at all with the RP, and if you guys want to write me out of the story, then that's up to you, but I would still like to do whatever I can with you lot, but posts are going to be few and far between. Very few and far between...

I don't know why I have to learn algebra... I have no intention whatsoever of ever going there...

"Uh-uh. I know what you're thinking. Did he discharge 6 chambers, or was it only 5? Well, I rather forgot myself, what with all this excitement and all. But seeing that this is a .45 Civiliser, the most powerful hand-cannon in the Empire, and will blow your goggles clean off, you ought to ask yourself a question. Do I feel lucky?

"Well, do you... steampunk?"
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #618 on: January 10, 2016, 06:01:54 pm »

One in and one out.
Stella, you can continue to use Tobias in the next one if you want as he and Toby are brothers.

I am a bit busy atm with writing so am unable to join in both this and the duck pond.

I'll pop in from time to time but as to writing its a no go for me.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #619 on: January 13, 2016, 04:51:34 pm »

That's my last bit for this adventure, unless you-all want more.

And yes, I did consider "Fido."
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

https://twitter.com/Steam
« Reply #620 on: January 13, 2016, 05:44:31 pm »

Would it be alright for me to start the next case?

Welcome aboard Steampunk Away! We are a small custom order shop, creating jewelry, props, costumes, drawings, and models. Email us at steampunkaway@gmail.com to have us create your special order on commission! Have a mechanical day!
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #621 on: January 14, 2016, 12:45:22 am »

Fine with me.  I am working on the next Ace, but left my pc at work....   Might start it tomorrow.   Tablet stinks.....
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #622 on: January 14, 2016, 02:31:32 am »

Go right ahead steampunk away.  I look forward to see what you come up with.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #623 on: January 14, 2016, 04:54:58 am »

Let 'er rip!
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

https://twitter.com/Steam
« Reply #624 on: January 14, 2016, 02:05:50 pm »

http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,47314.new.html#new

That's the new one. If the link doesn't work it's should be the last thing in portrayal as of this post.

If it doesn't work feel free to tell me.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: