The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 23, 2017, 09:14:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Barker Street Irregulars OOC and Set Up Thread  (Read 15938 times)
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler
United States United States

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #575 on: October 15, 2015, 05:22:19 pm »

What I think is happening is Abraham is summoning luis against his will  luis is useing the venomous ink to control him.  luis will try and flood the world we are in with ink to trap us because if we get enough ink under the skin he can control us.  He isnt in control in this painting world because it is the artists passion that made it directly.  He can try and stop us from leaving but other than that he is pretty hampered.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

The werewolf Airship Captain.

« Reply #576 on: October 15, 2015, 07:25:35 pm »

Eather Way, untill we can get Abraham back under control he will cause it more problems.
Best way to stop him being used is to render him unusable.
I thought the black robe was the enemy; Luis or one of his agents.

I suffer from a random misfiring synapse and a bad case of wolfen the turns me into a seven-foot-tall werewolf or a seven-foot great wolf!
https://dragon-rehoming-centre.myshopify.com/
http://purbry.wordpress.com
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #577 on: October 16, 2015, 04:04:00 am »

OK, so it's a crappy solution... Undecided

They're attacking Luis and the ink, not Abraham, unless it needs to be that way.

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #578 on: October 16, 2015, 06:51:43 am »

Any problems and I could just Bring back the self confessed master of Time And Relative Dimensions In Space in.
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #579 on: October 17, 2015, 09:19:05 am »

Quick note on frost fairs
http://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/HistoryofEngland/The-Thames-Frost-Fairs/
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #580 on: October 17, 2015, 09:46:35 am »

Thought of that when reading.
The picture on the themes comes to mind.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #581 on: October 18, 2015, 10:35:40 am »

Was performing Saturday. I'll try to have something up by midafternoon today. for now, off to bed for an hour or two (caffeine consumed at the gig has been keeping me up).
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

https://rangerreid.wordpress.com/

« Reply #582 on: October 25, 2015, 12:41:47 am »

Stella,

I think I will add a small block to set up what we talked about.   If you guys find me, be sure to spot my swords outside.  (only the large one and the dagger)

I wrote it.... please let me know if it will work with your ideas or if I need to edit anything.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 12:58:08 am by Ranger Reid » Logged

Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #583 on: October 25, 2015, 01:41:39 am »

I think that works well.  I think time works oddly in the monastery because of the spells they tried to freeze the river.   
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #584 on: October 25, 2015, 02:15:04 am »

I had it saying I was gone for weeks because in real life, I have been.   But then I thought I don't know how long in game it has been, so I changed it to days hoping it would fit...
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #585 on: October 25, 2015, 02:23:09 am »

It works because the knights have been playing around with time magic.  Celia is rather nervous because she can't do much against time her power only exists in the now.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 09:41:31 pm by CPT_J_Percell » Logged
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #586 on: October 25, 2015, 09:42:08 pm »

Opps modified Stellas post instead of hitting reply  Cry

I gave in, Tempus Lupus decided to stick his muzzle in!
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #587 on: October 25, 2015, 10:41:52 pm »

*Moondial: contrary to the reactions I often get when I talk about them, moondials really did and do exist; there are at least four works that I know of that describe them, two of which (dating from the 16th century, both by one John Blagrave)  including detailed instructions for building such dials, but not without using some kind of arcane-ish tool that you have to make yourself according to the author's instructions (not as easy as it sounds).

One work is The Mathematicall Jewell, by John Blagrave, printed in facsimile from the original late 1500s work. The other title is Astrolabium Uranicum Generale: The Uranicall Astrolabe, also by Blagrave.

As a belated offering, a book entitled Revolutions in Time is my main source for information about everything friom clepsydras to foliot escapements to "modern" clockwork. Again, the name of the author escapes me. I sense a worrisome trend, here...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 10:44:51 pm by MWBailey » Logged
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #588 on: October 26, 2015, 07:31:56 am »

I don't see why one doesn't work.
During a full moon on a clear night there is still enough light for a sundial to work.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #589 on: October 26, 2015, 10:12:35 am »

The bit about the Old Bridge is somewhat true; when "it" was torn down, the river was able to move more freely. Coupled with the end of the weather pattern commonly called the "Little Ice Age," the freezing-over of the Thames in winter - and thus the Frost Festivals - came eventually to an end. I think I remember reading somewhere that there were actually more than just two bridges, which made the formation of ice to be available for breaking free and getting locked up downstream more likely, but I'm not really sure about that.

I was thinking that perhaps there's some magical or physical (or both, perhaps?) hindrance to the river's flow that is making the Gyre's freezing up possible, much as the Old Bridge(s) did.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 10:19:33 am by MWBailey » Logged
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #590 on: October 26, 2015, 07:19:02 pm »

Iron bridges always have had problems with magical energy, in fact anything built with iron is known to have issues.
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #591 on: October 27, 2015, 01:20:34 pm »

Two swords to be delivered shortly.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #592 on: October 27, 2015, 06:31:37 pm »

And before you ask, no, Tobias' revolver does not work in the same manner and James' so no shooting to recharge.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #593 on: October 28, 2015, 12:10:19 am »

So I am going to play this a little dark and damaged.  I think Stella can do a great job with Celia's reactions.    Please no one have the urge to "fix it" too easily.   

OR      maybe it would be fun if those who have magic "tried" to fix it and it didn't work....    but I think playing a strong character can be one sided.  let him have faults and failings!  It will add something for the reader I think.     Believe me, I would read this story just to see Celia's distress over it.

Thanks!
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #594 on: October 28, 2015, 02:13:18 pm »

Marley's showing a bit of my own pragmatic side, I suppose. A bit patronizing, I guess, but he's concerned with Time and causality and the preservation of them as fits the Knights Temporals' various agendas. To him, "Time is of the essence," if you'll pardon the pun...

I generally try to avoid "fixing" other folks' characters; I'll have mine admonish them, cajole them, and make 'em rail against their in-character foibles and such, but never try to alter them authorially ("authorially?" there I go inventing terms again... Tongue) outside of their creators' permissions or requests.
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

https://twitter.com/Steam
« Reply #595 on: October 28, 2015, 05:31:44 pm »

I was just thinking that if Abraham, who normally is a more martial character, showed that he was favored by Norse gods, it might add depth. And also maybe save Celia magic, and the group time.

Welcome aboard Steampunk Away! We are a small custom order shop, creating jewelry, props, costumes, drawings, and models. Email us at steampunkaway@gmail.com to have us create your special order on commission! Have a mechanical day!
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #596 on: October 28, 2015, 06:27:08 pm »

I think the bickering with Tobias may be helping loosen up Tobias.
Mind you, I think Tobias shooting Abraham will not be forgotten anytime soon and will be used often for light hearted joking around.

Why has James arrived, I don't know, but it has to be something serious to draw him back 100+ years.
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #597 on: October 28, 2015, 08:02:26 pm »

I don't know if The Brotherhood are deliberately making eternal winter likely or if it's just one of the possible consequences of arrogance.  This is what it made me think of.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fimbulwinter

Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #598 on: October 28, 2015, 08:05:09 pm »

Writing with you guys is inspiring and educational.   Among my friends, I am the one who knows myths and folktales.   But the things I knew or thought I knew fade with age.   I find myself reading here and thinking "OH YES!"   or  I crease my brow and race to look something up.  Either way, I enjoy this very much.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #599 on: October 28, 2015, 08:39:26 pm »

I believe that the Morrigan helped Reid due to his families long ties with her.   Even their failed deal for power left bonds and responsibilities.   

There will be a cost for her protection no doubt but also she is invested in him now.   So depending on how it goes from here, she might help Celia "clean up" some of her bonds to the city.

I am going to post something, and if it doesn't track, let me know......
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: