The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 18, 2017, 09:45:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Barker Street Irregulars OOC and Set Up Thread  (Read 16494 times)
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #550 on: October 08, 2015, 11:03:35 am »

Verity is finding out a few things.  For really great examples of three point perspective see the works of M.C. Escher.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler
United States United States

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #551 on: October 08, 2015, 08:38:17 pm »

Basicly the reason the paintings can be used like voodoo dolls is because people look at a picture and make the image stand for the thing in their heads their for anything done to he image happens to the person.  It works better with originals because the meaning is less diluted.  Most of the things he is summoning are only as real as people believe they are.  The painter is brilliant at theoretical magic but has no idea how his theories are being used.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

The werewolf Airship Captain.

« Reply #552 on: October 08, 2015, 08:58:30 pm »

Scratching my head to remember who the golden woman is but surely is she not justice?

I suffer from a random misfiring synapse and a bad case of wolfen the turns me into a seven-foot-tall werewolf or a seven-foot great wolf!
https://dragon-rehoming-centre.myshopify.com/
http://purbry.wordpress.com
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #553 on: October 08, 2015, 09:15:52 pm »

London actually. a lot of the political cartoonists at the time drew her has a grecian looking statue lady and I imagine she would be gold if in a full color picture to symbolize the wealth and power of the growing city.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #554 on: October 09, 2015, 03:36:46 am »

People create pictures with words, so I thought, "huh..."

I'll change it, if necessary.

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #555 on: October 09, 2015, 03:42:31 am »

I think it works.  I sort of want to write a story about Celia having to deal with a board wandering mummy.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #556 on: October 09, 2015, 07:15:40 am »

I think it works.  I sort of want to write a story about Celia having to deal with a board wandering mummy.

ROFL,
It is halloween soon so it woudn't be out of place.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #557 on: October 10, 2015, 08:09:56 am »

Marley has knowledge, experience, guile, resourcefulness and temporal travel abilities with the appropriate gadgets... but magically he's only good for a run of middle-strength power, or a big expenditure all at once. I'm not angling for a vampire angle. The bit about feeding off of energy other than one's own is something I picked up in some of my more *ahem* "eclectic" readings. He's waiting now for Ramses to either let him through or rebuff his request; it isn't impossible for him to force a path through with one of his time travel gadgets, but since he doesn't have an actual timeship, in keeping with previous occurrences in the storyline, I figure the cost to him in terms of lifeforce and karma might be too great for him to survive in his current rather exhausted state, and that he knows this, hence his plea for the "boon" of sanctuary.

I don't suppose Ramses is suffering from reverse separation anxiety, and misses his mummy? (sorry, I couldn't resist  Cheesy)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #558 on: October 10, 2015, 04:05:36 pm »

Assuming the reason for the barter price of a dozen books is sheer boredom, inferred from the idea for a story about a bored mummy...

The bit about the werewolf "kept for study" in the catacombs under Whitehall is, by my way of thinking, that he's basically there because he wants to be; they'd have unholy hell keeping him there against his will, judging by Capt. Purcell's character. I kind of imagine he's studying nineteenth-century transtemporal humans as avidly as they're studying him...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 04:31:31 pm by MWBailey » Logged
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #559 on: October 10, 2015, 07:46:56 pm »

I do believe that there was an American living in London, but wasn't there one operating asa special agent? (think Pre Shield days/ League of Extradenery Gentlemen (damn you spell checker)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #560 on: October 10, 2015, 08:08:32 pm »

I'm not sure about that; I'm not terribly well-versed in the LOEG graqphic novel arcs (or even if such a thing exists), but I seem to remember siomething about a lycanthropy case or something like that, from a comic book I glanced through in the bookstore about three years ago. Never saw it before or since.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #561 on: October 10, 2015, 09:54:10 pm »

I am scraping back pre ten years ago in UK books/movies.
Then again, it was supposed to be top secret and nothing to do with my own books series.
Just wish I could remember the writer  :'(
OT but funny
Werewolves Of London
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 09:59:13 pm by CPT_J_Percell » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #562 on: October 10, 2015, 11:13:21 pm »

What Luis will try to do I think is get everyone to scatter.  He is strong but cant make his own spells well but what he is good at is almost vampric magic where he feeds off others.  It is likely that he may have drained several mages to death already and maybe some that you all will know.  He is bolstered by the knights in white but the don't trust him and are only useing him as a tool to strike back at Celia for beating them.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #563 on: October 11, 2015, 10:43:46 am »

*Gulp* please be careful with what your saying, Having died, Tobias has this Vampiric ability and so does Celia.
It's what gives her the ability to summon London's energy.
In Most case's anyone who can draw on the currents can be called Vampiric!
As to the void comment, he just reminding people of his position.

* Sorry, I had let this go before, the name calling is insulting to some!*

walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #564 on: October 11, 2015, 01:53:30 pm »

Whilst we're on the subject of scattered essences and art, this is relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97PLr9FK0sw
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #565 on: October 11, 2015, 03:04:14 pm »

I think the difference is asking versus taking.  Sure Celia could do something like draining all the power out of the goblin market but she would never because she understands that the aim is to be a good shepherd for the city and not rule over it,  that is why there are checks and balances built in to what she can do and why she asks the city instead of forcing things.  Luis on the other side of the coin has very little power on his own so he steals whatever he can get his hands on without worrying about what it will do to the world around him including robbing the painter of a body and the theft of the amulet that gives him his green eyes.  i think the amulet may be a fae thing to protect a grove or garden that was important to them that he left to wither.  Luis is more the true definition of a parasitic vampire, drain them all and damn the consequences, and Celia is more like a careful garner trim and harvest what you need for the good of the garden.  

I think the place we are going to come out in is the headquarters for the men in white.  I think we will meet the lord in charge and he will be a reoccurring villain and so may Luis but I imagine he will come out worse for wear after his hold is broken.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 03:39:05 pm by Stella Gaslight » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #566 on: October 11, 2015, 06:08:41 pm »

Whilst we're on the subject of scattered essences and art, this is relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97PLr9FK0sw

ROFL
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #567 on: October 11, 2015, 08:08:23 pm »

Just dont sneeze
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #568 on: October 11, 2015, 08:20:55 pm »

I'm thinking of things that anybody can draw like a trip wire or a hole.  If you grew up with some of the cartoons that I did, you'll probably have your own ideas.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #569 on: October 11, 2015, 08:43:32 pm »

I think Luis is going to be a bit more careful about attacking head on.  If it comes down to fighting hand to hand I don't think he has had much practice. So He will swarm us in a attempt to wear us down.

I am now imagining Celia tricking Luis with the classic chasing after someone in to a false hole in the wall gag.  Ok I had to use that gag.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 02:41:30 am by Stella Gaslight » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #570 on: October 13, 2015, 07:46:02 am »

Silverpoint is an ancient (well, dating back to the Middle Ages, at any rate) medium of drawing, and to some extent. writing using a stylus tipped with a metal that will draw on a prepared surface. Silver (hence teh name)m copper, or brass are teh most common metals for the tips.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silverpoint

CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #571 on: October 13, 2015, 05:33:27 pm »

What happened to little Toby?
He's been rather quite lately!
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #572 on: October 14, 2015, 04:47:50 am »

He is at home trying to keep the paper faeries safe and making sure they don't devour every thing like a swarm of locusts.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #573 on: October 14, 2015, 03:37:36 pm »

Marley's still learning about conservation of form and how it relates to what clothes he materializes in, so he'll probably be like Colin Baker's (Doctor no. 6, if I remember right) TARDIS; that is, when morphing into human form, doing so dressed in somewhat odd coverings until he gets his "chameleon circuit," so to speak, under control.

The Burleigh is most likely reacting to Luis's scrying spell; Marley rather negligently failed to zero it out when he put it away, so in a sense it's been still "on" or set to react to overt ambient magical activity from Luis's personal field the entire time. I guess it could also be reacting to his attempt to force whatever it is he's trying to force.

Marley's natural reaction is to prepare for action; that doesn't necessarily mean that action is certain to happen, of course.

As far as the "casquetelle" on his head (sorry, I misspelled it, at least as far as English is concerned), here's a link to a pic that resembles what i had in mind:
http://www.albion-swords.com/armor/mercenary/casquetel.htm
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 03:48:33 pm by MWBailey » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #574 on: October 15, 2015, 04:54:59 pm »

Not sure whom Tobias is gunning for, or who the black-clad figure was supposed to be. (Marley's in that black topcoat, was he the target?) I can go with whatever permutations of the game are in order, I just am wondering who's attacking what.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: