The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 17, 2017, 07:57:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Barker Street Irregulars OOC and Set Up Thread  (Read 15875 times)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #200 on: June 26, 2015, 03:08:21 am »

OoOops...
Sorry, I was trying to avoid creating another Brantley or Dreyfuss type character; didn't intend to make him  a cookie cutter doppelganger, lol.I've been getting tired of Brantley and Chthuga and AUNTSALLY in any case *ducks instinctively at the sounds of thunder outside his window* just kidding, dear...

On my pad right now, I'l have Marley drop in as soon as I can get the desktop comp up and running again...

---------------
Please pardon the gigantic intro post. I'll try to keep it more brief from now on. The incident with the Goblin Madam was to show that he is no stranger to things like the Market. Doesn't necessarily mean he's better than average (or even just average ) at navigating it, however... Wink
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 04:43:18 am by MWBailey » Logged

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

The werewolf Airship Captain.

« Reply #201 on: June 26, 2015, 06:20:32 am »

Sorry brain has not woken up this morning Sad

I suffer from a random misfiring synapse and a bad case of wolfen the turns me into a seven-foot-tall werewolf or a seven-foot great wolf!
https://dragon-rehoming-centre.myshopify.com/
http://purbry.wordpress.com
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #202 on: June 26, 2015, 02:42:09 pm »

If that's too bombastic, I can rewrite. The glue is in case of any sticky pursuit difficulties arising.

Was sick this morning. Had breakfast, then lost breakfast. Hoping its all just nerves and nothing serious; no fever at least. feeling a bit vague, so going to lie down. I'll keep checking in.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 02:52:19 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

https://rangerreid.wordpress.com/

« Reply #203 on: June 26, 2015, 04:30:38 pm »

Had breakfast, then lost breakfast. Hoping its all just nerves and nothing serious;

Relax, this is just a game.  Grin

CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #204 on: June 26, 2015, 05:29:58 pm »

If that's too bombastic, I can rewrite. The glue is in case of any sticky pursuit difficulties arising.

Was sick this morning. Had breakfast, then lost breakfast. Hoping its all just nerves and nothing serious; no fever at least. feeling a bit vague, so going to lie down. I'll keep checking in.

No, got woken up by the alarm clock that scared my brain back into bed!
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #205 on: June 27, 2015, 01:09:44 am »

So.............  are the others of us off on our own adventure?   I saw the suggestion "in character" but then no one ever said further.

Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #206 on: June 27, 2015, 01:20:42 am »

Yes I think you all are on the trail of the men in white.  You may have seen the hound peel off and go after Celia or she may run right in to you trying to escape the shadow.  Either way we will be joining up soon.  Celia could be entirely wrong as to what the false her is but she is right that the closer she gets to her double the weaker she will become.  Play with that as you will for super fun dramatic times.

James is getting ready to fight the hound and Celia has found Marley and they are under attack by the shadow man.

I have been wondering of how the men in white will respond to the goblins and I think The men in white hate most of the non human races and see their natural tied to the land magic as something to stop them from bringing about Camelot.  As far as they are concerned anyone that is not them is a subject to be ruled and they are realy not happy with Celia one not being under their control and two not being the noble in the lest.  Before they took on the job of being ballast they were hedge witches and theretofore socially below everyone but now Celia can go just about anywhere she wants not even useing the servant's entrances and is only beholding to the City itself. That along with the strenght of her powers bother them.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 12:29:49 pm by Stella Gaslight » Logged

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #207 on: June 27, 2015, 03:32:01 pm »

We have an issue here, we are inside while marly is outside  yet you have taken him down an alley!
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #208 on: June 27, 2015, 03:48:41 pm »

No the hound took us out of the house and started towards the goblin market but Marley stopped him before he could do much.  So are not far at all from the tho.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #209 on: June 27, 2015, 08:47:56 pm »

Will have to read up again; high fever kind of made me wonky.
I think I can keep going, but latenight's pretty much shot, as the folks are determined that I "rest, dammit!" *sigh*...
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #210 on: June 27, 2015, 09:23:29 pm »

Whoops! I didn't realize anybody else of us was online, and posted that paragraph in the same reply. I took care of it, though, just cut it out and made it a reply right after yours, Mr. Ranger. Added the soud of running feet, and Marley getting ready for a fight (he doesn't know it's Reid, after all).
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #211 on: June 27, 2015, 09:26:21 pm »

I just added.   No worries.  I have a rare day off, and was hoping others would be on.   I am excited to get into the market.  My ideas for a side story are rolling through my noggin.   

I like to think of these games as a collective writing project.  Each of us adds to the narrative.  It is really fun to see a story evolve and develop almost organically when it flows.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #212 on: June 28, 2015, 09:08:46 am »

I have a plan they will make people question which side of the line James/Grey Wolf lives.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #213 on: June 28, 2015, 06:28:13 pm »

Bad night last night, but feeling better now. Fever's back down to safe levels, So I'm relatively OK - except I can't seem to keep my eyes open, and my extremely simple lunch has nonetheless given me indigestion, and overall feeling weak as a kitten. Gonna have to sit it out for a few more hours. Maybe by late afternoon or evening; Sorry about that.
Prof. Isambard Ravenwood
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Paddle faster, I hear Banjos...

« Reply #214 on: June 28, 2015, 07:20:13 pm »

Christ, and I thought my acid reflux was quite bad, it's not after every meal though... I sympathize with you, my friend.

I don't know why I have to learn algebra... I have no intention whatsoever of ever going there...

"Uh-uh. I know what you're thinking. Did he discharge 6 chambers, or was it only 5? Well, I rather forgot myself, what with all this excitement and all. But seeing that this is a .45 Civiliser, the most powerful hand-cannon in the Empire, and will blow your goggles clean off, you ought to ask yourself a question. Do I feel lucky?

"Well, do you... steampunk?"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #215 on: June 28, 2015, 09:57:36 pm »

Thanks!

Mot trying to hijack Reid's scene, just felt Marley needed to be doing something. He gets peevish when I ignore him...
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #216 on: June 28, 2015, 10:02:06 pm »

No worries by me.  If anyone gets "energy readings" to tell, the trail of what took me seems to be running towards the goblin market too.

Prof. Isambard Ravenwood
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Paddle faster, I hear Banjos...

« Reply #217 on: June 28, 2015, 10:26:35 pm »

Not a problem, MW, by the way, my last post in-game is not angry because that your character is similar to mine, I am just playing to inner Mallard's egotistical, arrogant maniac! He too gets peevish when anyone does better than him at what he does best! He likes the admiration of his singular talents, he gets angry when his skills aren't unique anymore...
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #218 on: June 28, 2015, 11:13:50 pm »

Celia is scared out of her head.  London has been her constant companion since she was seven and something she has built her entire life around.  And now she is hallway worried it has chosen someone else and she has no clue how to stop it.  She is going to be a little less level headed until she knows what is happening.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #219 on: June 28, 2015, 11:15:12 pm »

I am going to let you guys get a little farther into the market before I develop where I am any more. 
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #220 on: June 29, 2015, 12:06:19 am »

Egad, I'm verbose this week. Hopefully I can cut back soon.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #221 on: June 29, 2015, 12:15:17 am »

You are doing just fine. I missed playing with you.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #222 on: June 29, 2015, 12:19:15 am »

Egad, I'm verbose this week. Hopefully I can cut back soon.

You called Mallard Marley.  Other than that, no worries from me.   I post long winded sometimes if I feel like I need to finish creating a scene or image.

Have fun.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #223 on: June 29, 2015, 12:25:51 am »

I fixed the name swap.  I can understand it happening though. Right now I am stuck posting from my phone because the power is out and auto correct is horrible sometimes.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #224 on: June 29, 2015, 12:28:54 am »

My telephone makes more mistakes with spellcheck than it fixes.  I am constantly trying to catch it rewriting words I spelled correctly.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: