The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 18, 2017, 09:37:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tesla Rangers  (Read 766 times)
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

https://rangerreid.wordpress.com/

« on: May 04, 2015, 11:59:45 am »

As stated, I am fairly new to this genre.   On another site, I found a few references to Tesla Rangers, in fact they have a group by that name.

But I am unable to find any real information about why they are/were.   Can anyone on here tell me about them?

I did find by web search "some" connection to the folks that create girlgeniusonline  In fact, on their site, they sell a prop badge.

Thanks for your help with this mystery.

Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 01:49:30 pm »

They're a car repair group for Tesla Motors. Or where you thinking of Tesla Rangers on the The Steampunk Empire website?. Other than that I haven't a clue, sorry.

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 03:59:33 pm »

Yes Mercury, it is one of those. Wink

Patron Zero
Gunner

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 05:18:32 am »

Ohhhh what a cool title that just begs to be a BBC 'companion' series to Ripper Street.

"I carry the dust of a journey that cannot be shaken away....."
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 03:49:38 pm »

So best information is that it WAS a fan group based on the steampunk empire website, and now they are defunct.   The interesting thing to me is that they still sell badges for this group on the girlgeniusonline website. 

I might order a badge and tweak it to my character.  Seems none of the original members are active enough to deny OR guide me.

Anyone wanna be a tesla ranger with me? LOL
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Board Moderator
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 11:08:39 pm »

It just occurred to me that Cheyenne Wright, GG's current colourist, is a member here. Perhaps you could PM him to ask of the badge's history.

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 12:30:20 am »

I emailed him, but he is going through some stuff on his website, and probably busy.

I did find the group still apparently active on FB.  Signed up to meet them and get the backstory.
Thanks all.

*If Cheyenne wants to chat about what all they did with this group back in the day, I would love to hear it when he had time if he is willing.
hardlec
Snr. Officer

Solutions do not need Problems

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 02:04:43 pm »

If Ranger Reid decides to renew the Tests Rangers, I'd be honored to ride with him.

Whatever happens we have got
The Maxim gun and they have not;
Technology is no substitute for Valor
Both are true.
Burgess Shale
Officer

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2015, 11:44:37 pm »

I met someone with a Tesla ranger badge at a convention a couple of years ago. He explained that the idea behind them is that there are giant semi-autonomous agricultural and industrial robots or clanks and on occasion, they break down in their programming and cause disasters. The Tesla Rangers are called to put a stop to the machines that are running amok, almost like Steampunk Blade Runners, if you will. Whether or not this is "canon," I have no idea, but I liked his story.

Dean of the Department of Palaeontology at the American Institute of Natural History and Decorative Arts
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Board Moderator
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 02:15:35 am »

I met someone with a Tesla ranger badge at a convention a couple of years ago. He explained that the idea behind them is that there are giant semi-autonomous agricultural and industrial robots or clanks and on occasion, they break down in their programming and cause disasters. The Tesla Rangers are called to put a stop to the machines that are running amok, almost like Steampunk Blade Runners, if you will. Whether or not this is "canon," I have no idea, but I liked his story.

Or like the Police Department Runaway Squad in the Tom Sellick movie?
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2015, 12:15:44 pm »

I know that Cheyenne Wright is dealing with some stuff right now, including a death in the family ( condolences to you sir, if you read this)  but I think we should stir the rangers to life again.    Especially if the badges are still in production.

Maybe we can get a few folks on board and meet at conventions.  Reid was always more westernpunk anyway.

If anyone wants to do this too, please request to join the fb group tesla rangers.

*or start a group on here of course.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: