The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 11, 2017, 06:48:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3D Printing your own Steampunk weapon Props.  (Read 1687 times)
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

The werewolf Airship Captain.

« on: April 17, 2015, 06:27:49 am »

I don't know how many of you have access to a 3D Printer but Someone has moddeled a Colt Walker and posted the model up on thingverse.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:772004
This should help everyone to build custom steam powered weapons that fit somewhat historically.
I am using it as a base for my own Navy 1851 and Æther pistol.

I suffer from a random misfiring synapse and a bad case of wolfen the turns me into a seven-foot-tall werewolf or a seven-foot great wolf!
https://dragon-rehoming-centre.myshopify.com/
http://purbry.wordpress.com
RJBowman
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 05:38:51 pm »

Someone should create files for some of the more idiosyncratic firearms of that era; pepperbox pistols, Apache guns, etc.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 08:19:44 pm »

Someone should create files for some of the more idiosyncratic firearms of that era; pepperbox pistols, Apache guns, etc.

Unfortunatly Copyright and various firearm laws put hinderance to that but I do believe there is a colt 1911 model around.
Mind you, if you have the graphics talent,anyone could pop out one.
RJBowman
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 11:00:05 pm »

Nineteenth century intellectual property is now all in the public domain.
Herbert West
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Director of Preternatural Research, Arkam Museum

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 07:47:27 am »

But then who says we have to 3D print real existing guns?

Meanwhile a friend just sent me this Borderlands gun he printed to assemble and paint. He printed it out in ten separate pieces with pins to hold them securely.

"I'm not a psychopath Anderson, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research!" ~Sherlock Holmes
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 09:01:54 am »

Nineteenth century intellectual property is now all in the public domain.

Possibly but with several company's still producing models, its possible that someone could start fighting it.

But then who says we have to 3D print real existing guns?

Meanwhile a friend just sent me this Borderlands gun he printed to assemble and paint. He printed it out in ten separate pieces with pins to hold them securely.

It's interesting looking (personal opinion warning) Just not old enough looking.
Just done a part count and there is something like 44 parts. I have just started on the third part and already into 5 hours of printing!
Herbert West
Zeppelin Captain

Director of Preternatural Research, Arkam Museum

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 11:21:37 am »

It's interesting looking (personal opinion warning) Just not old enough looking.
Just done a part count and there is something like 44 parts. I have just started on the third part and already into 5 hours of printing!

Well it's from the game Borderlands, a futuristic world with a grungy, old west feel. I just wanted to show the folks out there the sort of thing that was possible with 3D printing.

It does look better in black primer though.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 01:22:17 pm by Herbert West » Logged
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 12:09:22 pm »

Well it's from the game Borderlands, a futuristic world with a grungy, industrial feel. Just wanted to show the sort of thing that could be done.

It does look better in black primer though.

[/quote]

My future projects based off this include the supernatural colt and Mal's liberty hammer!
Fairley B. Strange
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Relax, I've done much dumber things and survived..

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2015, 02:08:07 pm »

Possibly an unintended consequence of 3d printing meets SP makership, but it seems this chap may have RL weaponised the modded-Nerfpistol.

http://www.popsci.com/man-3d-prints-working-revolver-with-his-name-in-it

All it needs is a few adheso-cogs [tm] and a quick shot of brass spraypaint to blend in at any Con.

Choose a code to live by, die by it if you have to.
Steam Titan
Snr. Officer

fulgur adducere

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2015, 02:12:40 am »

Something i think would be great to have 3d printed would be gun trigger sets. Have a trigger mechanism that can be attached to gun props for those that don't have metal crafting skills. I've thought about building the trigger out of sanded wood before for roughly the same idea. Plastic would be less likely to break though
Wilhelm Smydle
Snr. Officer

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2015, 06:25:52 pm »

Here are a lot of rubber band gun designs that can be adapted fairly quick for different effects or heavier rounds.
Smoke, flash paper, noise, rubber bands/ nerf darts, and such.

This trigger design is on my project list,
the simplicity of design and materials should permit for quite a bit of modification.
I'm going to use surgical tubing bands for a local skirmish.
Paintball type coverage to provent injury.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MSjuH04ozfg
Keith_Beef
Snr. Officer
France France

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 01:24:59 pm »

3D models of a Mauser C96 (often called "Broomhandle" or a "Box Cannon") and of a Webley MkIV are on my wishlist. The C96 was Winston Churchill's gun during the Boer War, and the Webley makes frequent appearances in Doctor who and Torchwood.

--
Keith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: