The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 22, 2017, 11:54:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steampunk Characters Lost In Non Steampunk Worlds  (Read 1025 times)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« on: April 04, 2015, 02:10:17 am »

Note: I put it here so we can cover the most media possible.

This thread is dedicated to characters who have a steamy flair despite being in a non steampunk world.

Mr Burns: Use antiquated language, reference and technology.

Beware The Batman's Dr Pyg and Mr Toad:
http://beware-thebatman.wikia.com/wiki/Professor_Pyg
http://beware-thebatman.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Toad

Every Batman Villain Based On Alice In Wonderland

Gravity Fall's Order Of The Blind Eye:
http://gravityfalls.wikia.com/wiki/Society_of_the_Blind_Eye
http://gravityfalls.wikia.com/wiki/Memory_erasing_gun
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZyuLyc5O5g

Saroumane: Implied to be a fervent industrialist

Any other ? Some good guys for change  Tongue ?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 03:30:54 am by chicar » Logged

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
RJBowman
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 06:26:08 am »

Vincent Price.
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 07:31:27 am »

The Beverly Hill Billies
 Cat Weasel
The giant squid , voyage to the bottom of the sea
 The sisters on Charmed

pakled
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Minions Local 305, at your thervice!

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 08:11:12 pm »

Mr. Peabody and the Wayback Machine (sounds like a band, doesn't it?...Wink
RJBowman
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 11:58:43 pm »

Dick Dastardly from Wacky Racers. He would seem out of place if all of the other characters weren't a mish-mash.
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 12:33:09 am »

Chandra Nalaar from Magic: The Gathering
http://content.photos-room.com/previews/Chandra_Nalaar_by_SteveArgyle.jpg
VampirateMace
Zeppelin Captain

Mein Hexapod

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 06:55:38 am »

I totally want to build the memory gun from Gravity Falls.

Several of the folks from Warehouses 12 & 13, and the obvious answer, the Doctor (in a roundabout way, seeing as he has tech far more advanced then ours).

T. C. Halloway
Officer

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 09:00:58 pm »

I don't know if it counts, but I play a steampunk character in a Dresden files RPG. He's a changeling with amnesia, and his understanding of society is based entirely off of adaptations of Jane Austen novels and Victorian scientific romances.
In the likely event that this doesn't count, I'll redeem myself with a question. There was at one point a cartoon on the air in which a clone of Sherlock Holmes is created and sent out into a cyberpunk future to solve crimes. I remember there being a lot of cyberpunk/steampunk debate. Does anyone know to what I'm referring?
qui est in literis
Zeppelin Admiral

Who Art In Letters

quiestinliteris
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2015, 03:34:12 am »

Halloway: Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century. Most of the episodes were on Youtube, at one point. And I'm thrilled that someone else has heard of it! I thought he had just been frozen rather than cloned, though. Of course, I don't think I've watched it in five or six years, at least.

"She knew where she stood, when she stood among books." -The Medium

Qui Est In Literis
The Angry Villagers: Cryptoexterminology Supply
T. C. Halloway
Officer

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2015, 03:36:02 am »

Brilliant! I've only seen bits and pieces, so you're probably right. I may have to do a binge watch soon...  Wink
qui est in literis
Zeppelin Admiral

Who Art In Letters

quiestinliteris
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2015, 03:41:41 am »

I strongly recommend it! In fact, that sounds like an excellent idea. Blast, and I meant to make an early night of it...

In contribution to the thread topic: Henry Jones, Sr. He always struck me as a steampunk trapped in a pulp-diesel world.
T. C. Halloway
Officer

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2015, 03:45:33 am »

Oh, second! When I was a child I wished he was my father. Undoubtedly one of my favourite characters.

Edit: Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd century is everything I had dreamed it to be! Qui est in literis, you were quite right right. Moriarty was the clone, Holmes was revived through "cellular rejuvenation". And Watson is an Android XD
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 04:17:47 pm by T. C. Halloway » Logged
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2015, 09:51:41 am »

Adam Adamant, 19th Century hero adrift in 1960s London.  This is now old enough that the "modern" setting looks quaint.
Patron Zero
Gunner

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2015, 05:15:15 am »

I vaguely recall a 1960s ABC TV series sit-com concerning a modern family taking in a 'lost' relative whom had been frozen in ice for over a hundred years or so.

The premise-plot was around the trials of said relative adjusting to the world of modern miracles and magic he encountered daily.

"I carry the dust of a journey that cannot be shaken away....."
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2015, 05:58:17 am »

I vaguely recall a 1960s ABC TV series sit-com concerning a modern family taking in a 'lost' relative whom had been frozen in ice for over a hundred years or so.

The premise-plot was around the trials of said relative adjusting to the world of modern miracles and magic he encountered daily.

I remember the repeats. The 101  year old Man[ ? ]  The grandfather was frozen in  the Yukon gold rush  and  the same actor played the Grandfather and grandson.

It was a favourite at the time.
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2015, 05:58:53 am »

Scrooge Mc Duck
Patron Zero
Gunner

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2015, 07:12:12 pm »

I remember the repeats. The 101  year old Man[ ? ]  The grandfather was frozen in  the Yukon gold rush  and  the same actor played the Grandfather and grandson.      It was a favourite at the time.     

The series lasted only one season (1967-1968), it was titled The Second Hundred Years and aired at 8:30 PM on Wednesday evenings, actor Monte Markham played both grandfather and grandson characters.

I thank my often consulted copy of Alex McNeil's 1982 book, Total Television:A Comprehensive Guide to Programming from 1948 to the Present, an essential for anyone obsessed with pop-culture trivia .
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: