The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 20, 2017, 12:58:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Splendid Teapot Racing  (Read 3254 times)
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2016, 07:05:58 pm »

Madam, thank you, Colonel!

My dear lady, my most humble apologies.

In the hope that it may go some way towards relieving this most grievous and regrettable insult, may I offer a glimpse of my Easter project and most recent racing teapot, the redoubtable Snark Testing, Eradication And Management (Boojums Uncommonly Sighted) - STEAMBUS for short:

We used to have a programme called Robot Wars on UK television in which remote controlled creations were supposed to beat each other into iron fillings; most of them looked far less intimidating than your rather splendid creation...

Yours,
Miranda.
steambonjed
Deck Hand
England England

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2016, 10:03:29 pm »

Magnificent thread. I feel some new concepts brewing...  Grin

Never Trust An Atom, They Make Up Everything.
Colonel Hawthorne
Snr. Officer
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2016, 09:51:20 am »

We used to have a programme called Robot Wars on UK television in which remote controlled creations were supposed to beat each other into iron fillings; most of them looked far less intimidating than your rather splendid creation...

Yours,
Miranda.

Yes, Miss Miranda; I remember it fondly (with Dave Lister from Red Dwarf, if I'm not mistaken).

Splendid Teapot Racing is much more genteel, and we aim to avoid damage to teapot and audience alike.  Mostly.  And STEAMBUS is nowhere near as fiece as he seems, unless you're a Snark.  Which I don't for a moment wish to suggest.

Teapot Sheepdog Trials looks like it may prove to be a different matter entirely.  It's a remarkable reflection on human nature that when two otherwise civilised people get ontrol of a racing teapot each with the objective of shoving sheep into an enclosure, the gloves really come off.

Steambonjed, welcome to Brass Goggles. We beg that you will share the fruits of your brewing concepts in due course.

Colonel Sir Julius Hawthorne
H.M. Air Privateers (Retd.)

http://capitalsteampunknz.org

Whatever did we do before retro-futurism?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: