The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 18, 2017, 01:59:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Timey Life Hacks  (Read 530 times)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« on: March 24, 2015, 12:42:56 am »

Because wit is timeless:
http://distractify.com/Dylan+Fugarino/ancient-lifehacks-still-want-to-know-today/

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
RJBowman
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 03:22:32 am »

I wonder what the Boy Scouts thought of their uniforms being depicted on cigarette cards.
Prof Marvel
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

learn from history, or be doomed to repeat it

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 07:19:34 am »

I wonder what the Boy Scouts thought of their uniforms being depicted on cigarette cards.

Knowing the origin of the Boy Scouts as I do, I imagine they had no problem - tobacco was part of the transition to manhood.
Baden-Powell was literally creating a paramilitary training organization for city boys, based on the age 8-14 year old boys who voluntarily served as scouts, messengers, and spies at the Siege of Mafeking . Fascinating fellow, Baden-Powell .

yhs
prof marvel

Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of
Professor Marvel's Traveling Apothecary and Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods, and Picture Postcards
Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions and Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 08:04:24 am »

There were all sorts of rumour swirling around Baden Powell  and Dr Barnado
Mme. Ratchet
Officer
United States United States

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 07:44:56 am »

And Mr. Hilter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up