The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 23, 2017, 08:59:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Moderator's Plight and The Notion of Shamelessness  (Read 505 times)
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« on: February 24, 2015, 09:12:48 am »

Hi guys

For those of you that don't know me, I'm The Corsair (though I've been going by Pixie for some time now) and I'm the mod of this board and the Portrayal sub-board.
For those of you that do know me, hi.

I'd not be a great Textual mod if I weren't one for writing myself, so as it happens I'm an active author who has recently finished his first novel. I'm not here to promote this novel to you. What I am here to do is promote myself to you. To put this plainly, I have a blog where I post the goings-on in my life in terms of my writing and often post pieces of writing (which is largely why I haven't posted them here for a long while).

Now, I don't feel it's right to just drop a link here, ask you to click it and have done with it. I feel instead I should explain why I've chosen until now to promote myself, and why you should be interested in my work. Again to put it plainly, I write Steampunk novels and short stories, as well as sci-fi and fantasy pieces, and if I'm not mistaken there is quite an affinity for that sort of thing here. Moreover, I'm looking to get my novel published and am also entering a number of pieces into a series of competitions (such as 'Writers of the Future')

But again, why now?

Well, it's been 2 1/2 years since I started my novel. When I started out, I was arguably 'just another writer'. It's only recently I feel I've been able to establish something of a style, so I feel it's a good time to show everyone how far I've come. The first draft of the first chapter was posted on this very site, and I feel like its completion is in no small part due to the community here (and even the Steampunk movement as a whole). I want everyone here to be able to feel a part of that, and to feel as though they can continue to contribute in my progression and (hopefully) success as ab author by taking interest in the things I write. The place to find those things is my blog.

http://writingsofpixie.blogspot.co.nz/

If you don't know me, or don't like me, or feel like I'm not selling myself well, then you're under no obligation to follow this link and look at my blog. However, I hope that everyone can find it in themselves to look at the blog just once, and decide from there whether you think my writing is worth your time. If it isn't, no hard feelings, and my utmost thanks for giving my work a chance.

In all seriousness, my deepest thanks to everyone here who saw me through the terrible beginnings of my written work (looking at you, Portrayal), and my deepest apologies for becoming such a reclusive non-contributor in the last year. I hope I still have a chance to change that.

I think I should also mention I had a dream about this game, only Bailey was a woman...

I assure you, that incident in Singapore was all a misunderstanding.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

The werewolf Airship Captain.

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 09:06:33 pm »

Hello fellow scribe, Despite being a part time freelance lycanthropic hunter I too am a writer and now have stuff on amazon (self published!)
I am replying because I need new material to read and would like to congratulate you for passing the milestone mark.

I suffer from a random misfiring synapse and a bad case of wolfen the turns me into a seven-foot-tall werewolf or a seven-foot great wolf!
https://dragon-rehoming-centre.myshopify.com/
http://purbry.wordpress.com
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 10:48:34 pm »

Thank you very kindly, good sir. I've been updating the blog weekly (on a Saturday) so far, and will be continuing that trend for the time being.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: