The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 20, 2017, 06:33:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tree Cathedral  (Read 1627 times)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« on: February 19, 2015, 10:08:39 pm »

Steampunk|Biopunk Hybrid Ahoy:
http://www.earthporm.com/majestic-cathedral-made-entirely-living-breathing-trees/

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
henrietta Devereux
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 10:36:07 pm »

Stunning. Thank you for the post.

On a far more modest scale I am in the process of growing a living willow arbour seat on my allotment. The first plaiting was only done in October so still some way to go. I now have an urge to install a nave of bean poles leading towards it.

I fear the authorities would frown upon more trees.
Maets
Immortal
United States United States

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 01:43:42 pm »

Interesting, but to say it is entirely out of living trees is obviously VERY wrong.  Mostly out of parts of trees with trees growing in the columns.

Arabella Periscope
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Edwardian summer

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 11:32:43 pm »

There are guide supports, I suppose.  It is a beautiful legacy, and once the trees have become old and well-established, it will be a wonder of the world.  Growing houses might be good, if it happened a little faster.

Kenneth: 'If you're so hot, you can tell me how to say she has ideas above her station.'
Brian:'Oh yes, I forgot. It's fairly easy, old boy.
Elle a des idees au-dessus de sa gare.'
Kenneth: 'Idiot.  It's not that kind of station.'

Terence Rattigan 'French Without Tears.'
Maxwell Grantly
Deck Hand
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Author and Illustrator

@MaxwellGrantly
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 12:47:20 pm »

That looks great now but just imagine how beautiful that will appear in a hundred years time!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: