The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 21, 2017, 12:57:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tales of Tombstone: OOC and Signup  (Read 877 times)
Clockwork1328
Deck Hand
United States United States

To Adventure

« on: January 15, 2015, 06:36:52 pm »

Hello all,
I'm looking to start a western based roleplay based around the town of Tombstone, at least at the start, to possibly turn into a short film in the future. Seeing if there's any interest in the idea before starting RP itself

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tombstone,_Arizona

It will have slight fantastical elements (think Deadlands:Reloaded. Maybe some demons or a manitou or two thrown in for flavor) and will mainly be in Tombstone, during its creation. I'm thinking the characters arrive in the small town at the beginning by train or airship and do every day life as it goes along.
Anyone is welcome and characters are to be made as such:

Name
Basic gear (nothing ridiculous please)
Basic backstory

Hope this is interesting, reply with questions
Clockwork
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 12:03:27 am by Clockwork1328 » Logged

Mechanus Clockwork
Prof. Isambard Ravenwood
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Paddle faster, I hear Banjos...

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 08:37:34 pm »

Oh god yeah, this looks epic! such a cool idea! count me in.

Name: Byron Crowe

Gear: Mechanical horse (is that allowed? makes sense, and looks epic... think a steam powered version of the war horse musical) a bowie-kabar cross knife that he keeps hidden on the back of his belt, beneath his coat for sticky situations, His saddle contains his (steampunked) winchester 1873 rifle in a scabbard, and in an easy reach compartment in his horse, his backup lever action, revolving cylinder double barrel stagecoach shotgun. (I may be a little obsessed with handheld weapons- a luxury not available in the UK  Embarrassed) and of course, his well oiled colt revolver in a holster on his right side.

Description: A tall, broad shouldered man, very imposing in his long black duster coat and black wide brimmed stetson, pulled just above his eyes. He is about 6 foot 7, and sports an impressive mustache and beard. He wears long black trousers and black square-toe steel cap boots, and spurs, and a pinstripe shirt and black waistcoat, pinned with his old cultist badge (a silver marshal's star, with a raised fanged skull overlaying it) with a necktie

Backstory: Byron Crowe- professional gunslinger and Mercenary. He started out life on a homesteader's farm, but left as soon as an opportunity arose, stealing a mechanical horse from the stables (now his only remnants of a past life). He quickly discovered on his journey west, that he was a talented marksman, and he joined a cult dedicated to fighting the demons that were summoned by the native american rituals (are we going with that story line?) he left however, as he felt that their ideals were different to his own. He Met Doc Holliday in Dodge city, and the two became friends, both sharing the love of gun fighting, however he two drifted apart when Holliday met Wyatt Earp, whom Crowe thoroughly disliked. After the separation, He rode for Tombstone, looking to seek his fortunes in the growing town.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 04:15:33 pm by Prof. Isambard Ravenwood » Logged

I don't know why I have to learn algebra... I have no intention whatsoever of ever going there...

"Uh-uh. I know what you're thinking. Did he discharge 6 chambers, or was it only 5? Well, I rather forgot myself, what with all this excitement and all. But seeing that this is a .45 Civiliser, the most powerful hand-cannon in the Empire, and will blow your goggles clean off, you ought to ask yourself a question. Do I feel lucky?

"Well, do you... steampunk?"
Prof. Isambard Ravenwood
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Paddle faster, I hear Banjos...

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 09:02:06 pm »

We are doing the genuine Tombstone history (the gunfight at the O.K. corral, The Earps and Holliday, etc..)?
I will alter my persona if i am being to forward.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: