The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 11, 2017, 04:29:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Poll
Question: Choose your side
Light - 3 (25%)
Day - 1 (8.3%)
Twillight - 5 (41.7%)
Night - 2 (16.7%)
Dark - 1 (8.3%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Light Vs Dark  (Read 614 times)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« on: December 29, 2014, 03:26:35 am »

Warning: Is off topic, but their no way to post poll in off topic.

I choose night.

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 03:50:05 am »

I have always felt more at home  inhabiting the Twilight time. That mysterious and dark ambiguous time after the evening and before the dawn.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/twilight

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight
Prof Marvel
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

learn from history, or be doomed to repeat it

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 05:37:23 am »

Question:    Choose your side

I chose "Light" long ago.

I am, however, capable of operating in any of the variations given sufficient motivation.

yhs
prof marvel

Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of
Professor Marvel's Traveling Apothecary and Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods, and Picture Postcards
Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions and Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 05:43:45 am »

Please define light and dark.  Is this literal?  Metaphorical?  "Good vs. Evil?"
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 12:05:03 pm by J. Wilhelm » Logged

chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Chicar556
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 07:53:09 am »

My answer in direct of a in between sleeptime holiday-feast-fuelled energy boost:
Well, lets stand on Order/metaphorical good vs Chaos/métaphorical evil as i do hope than the forum  don't welcome litteral scallywag.

I'm sorry, my dark comedic logic, ironically proper to night or dark type, make me presumed than the definitions would be as visceral than the " what your element" companion thread or " if you were a bird, which ones whiles you be" types of questions.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 08:10:43 am by chicar » Logged
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 11:24:54 am »

*snip*
Well, lets stand on Order/metaphorical good vs Chaos/métaphorical evil as i do hope than the forum  don't welcome litteral scallywag.
*snip*

In that case you should be aware that not only do I belong to the Light side, but apparently I'm in a high position in that order.  I combat the dark side.  It is my understanding I have been doing this for a very long time already, and if I'm still here, then it means that I'm rather good at it.  You have been warned.  Grin
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 12:07:16 pm by J. Wilhelm » Logged
jonb
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 12:19:21 pm »

Ah so how do we define good and bad, especially when the term 'Scallywag' is thrown into the mix, it might be worth looking up its original meaning Chicar.

(Historical Terms) (after the US Civil War) a White Southerner who supported the Republican Party and its policy of Black emancipation. Scallywags were viewed as traitors by their fellow Southerners

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/scallywag

I am not a person for choosing sides, I love difference, I am opposed to being tied to just one unending state without contrasts forever, however atractive it might superficially be, and if we throw people into the mix I agree with

The majority is always wrong; the minority is rarely right.

Henrik Ibsen

Dr Fidelius
Zeppelin Admiral

Professor of Applied Paleontology, Miskatonic U.

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 01:33:27 pm »

I appear to be, despite my personal inclinations, an agent of the Light, bringing joy, hope and humour to all I encounter.

I insist that I am pompous, condescending, aloof and pretentious. People do not believe me, and convince themselves that I am playing a role for their amusement.

The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not represent any other persons, organizations, spirits, thinking machines, hive minds or other sentient beings on this world or any adjacent dimensions in the multiverse.
Antonus Fudge
Gunner
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2014, 03:07:31 pm »

It gives me great pleasure to be present at a Gloaming; though there must also surely be something special about a clear and pleasant earlymorn.

~ * ~
Inflatable Friend
Zeppelin Admiral
Italy Italy

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2014, 05:04:12 pm »

Very much an owl by disposition, left to my own devices I'll slowly swing into working late into the night and early hours and rising somewhere after 10am.

Annoyingly I do want to be more of a lark, while I naturally am productive at night I do feel more productive in the mornings, especially in winter if I can get the shoes on and thrash my legs numb running on frost gorgeous trails then work on through the low dramatic winter sun.

Maybe I'm more Winter Mornings and Summer Nights.

Maybe it's more about welcome transitions and the shifting from one state to another.

As far as good/evil, light/dark goes I'm personally not a believer, folks are folks and not much in the organic world is simple binary or even a limited pallette.
4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2014, 05:24:21 pm »

I am averse to light , I can't tolerate it all unless its twlight or moonlight.

" You can lose every battle except that last " Sir Malcolm , Penny Dreadful
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Chicar556
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2014, 05:38:05 pm »

As far as good/evil, light/dark goes I'm personally not a believer, folks are folks and not much in the organic world is simple binary or even a limited pallette.

So i am , thus my nocturnal alignment.
Maets
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2014, 12:27:17 am »

I'll go for DAY as in a day is 24 hours.  Takes care of it all.

Athanor
Zeppelin Admiral
Canada Canada

Keep them off-balance and brazen it out!

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2014, 09:24:36 am »

As an initiated Witch, my Covenmates and I live on the margins of civilization, where Entropy nibbles at the edges of the world, beyond the bounds of Time and Space; where anything might happen, and nothing is quite as it seems..... and thus, our time is Twilight. And Moonlight, of course. And, I suppose, Midnight in the dark of the Moon.

At such times, we shine a light into dark corners and watch what scuttles out; we turn over rocks, and see what wriggles beneath. Kin to the owls and foxes, the Tree Spirits and Sylphs and Undines, we are; the Mundanes are wary of us, but needlessly. Only those who lurk in the deeper darknesses need fear us, we who are the Watchkeepers against the Old Ones, the Shoggoths and Night-Gaunts and those other tentacled, scaly denizens of the realms of which the ruling geometry corresponds to no humanly-known system...... Poor old Howard Phillips never told the half of it ..... even he never realised quite how far beyond the Mountains of Madness those Antarctic tunnels extended.....

Athanor.    
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 09:26:21 am by Athanor » Logged

"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And quite often, he shall wish he hadn't."

- Elias Ashmole Crackbone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: