The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 20, 2017, 10:54:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I wrote a book  (Read 715 times)
HandsomeRob
Deck Hand

« on: December 23, 2014, 09:06:28 pm »

My first novel, President Custer, has been published on Amazon. If anyone is looking for a rip-roaring Young Adult Historical Fiction yarn, you might want to give it a try. Here is the back cover blurb:
--1884--
Fresh from his victory at the Battle of Little Bighorn, George Armstrong Custer is elected President of the United States. But when a team of assassins infiltrates the White House, secrets are revealed which threaten the entire world.
President Custer is an action-packed romp through an alternate history that includes ninjas, pirates, robots, cowboys, wizards, aliens, and trips through time itself. Can Custer overcome his personal failings and save the planet, or will it suffer a horrifying fate?

And here is an excerpt:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you're interested, you can find my novel here. Thanks for your interest!

-Rob
pakled
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Minions Local 305, at your thervice!

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 06:03:53 am »

well, I seem it rumored that he went to defeat the Cheyenne...and it was an election year. Interesting idea...good work.
Maxwell Grantly
Deck Hand
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Author and Illustrator

@MaxwellGrantly
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 06:07:15 pm »

Congratulations to you for your novel. I wish you every success with it.

pakled
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Minions Local 305, at your thervice!

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 06:50:26 pm »

There used to be a series of books, edited by a Resnick (IIRC), one of which was 'Alternative Presidents,' 'bout time someone got back to it...
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

The werewolf Airship Captain.

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 04:12:26 pm »

Congratulation, welcome to the club!

I suffer from a random misfiring synapse and a bad case of wolfen the turns me into a seven-foot-tall werewolf or a seven-foot great wolf!
https://dragon-rehoming-centre.myshopify.com/
http://purbry.wordpress.com
gaslampfantasy
Deck Hand

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 05:44:32 pm »

Congratulations on writing a novel. I hope that you felt that wonderful buzz on completing it. Your next task is to write another one.
Richard Hoover
Deck Hand
Canada Canada

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 04:27:44 pm »

Congratulations!  It's an awesome feeling getting a book out, isn't it?  My reading list lengthened a bit over the holidays, but I'll fit this in for sure.

My novel Satin and Sutherland: The Golden Curse is available now!  Check out my website www.sealeftstudios.com for a sample, trailers, and more.
HandsomeRob
Deck Hand

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 10:43:17 pm »

Quote from: gaslampfantasy
I hope that you felt that wonderful buzz on completing it. Your next task is to write another one.
Ain't that the truth.

Quote from: Richard Hoover
My reading list lengthened a bit over the holidays, but I'll fit this in for sure.
Awesome! Thanks so much for your interest.
gaslampfantasy
Deck Hand

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 03:07:16 pm »

I do like counterfactual novels. Also of interest, if you haven't read it, is the book 'Crazy Horse and Custer: The Parallel Lives of Two American Warriors' by Stephen E Ambrose. Custer certainly had political intentions, and it really is not far-fetched that he might one day have become President, if not for the disaster of the Little Bighorn.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: