The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 23, 2017, 12:06:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Lovecraftian God Are You?  (Read 810 times)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« on: December 23, 2014, 03:18:46 am »

http://www.playbuzz.com/tannerb10/what-lovecraftian-god-are-you

Me:
You are Tsathoggua, the Sleeper of N'Kai. You are god of the stoners and anyone who waste their days. You will show the secrets of the Universe to anyone who is cool enough. This may not always end well for your "friend" but who cares? You are what you are.

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 03:32:07 am »

So Yeah

You are Yog-Sothoth, the Key and the Gate. You are Time and Space and the patron to all wizards. Anyone who wants time and space at their control must serve you and must become part of you when they die. You care nothing of humans and their mental state but rather give anyone who is worth of your powers that which they desire.
VampirateMace
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Mein Hexapod

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 04:59:37 am »

I feel so generic:
You are Cthulhu, the High Priest. You are the Old One of the Sea, served by the fish-men, known as Deep Ones, and all other beast of the ocean. You are the god of the artist and dreamers you can spread your insanity through.

(I don't have terrible confidence in this either though, since they were crustacean men. I'm glad someone bothered to make it though.)

A couple of the questions had answers that I felt were equal, so I took it again changing those:
You are Yog-Sothoth, the Key and the Gate. You are Time and Space and the patron to all wizards. Anyone who wants time and space at their control must serve you and must become part of you when they die. You care nothing of humans and their mental state but rather give anyone who is worth of your powers that which they desire.

- Shrug, I was the avatar of Mordiggian for my friends RPG for a reason, so kind of half expected that. (I wonder how many possible answers the quiz actually has, because there's a lot of old ones/elder gods.)

edit:
On a creepier note I took the karma quiz, which said I was guru/teacher karma and reincarnated, considering the amount of time I spend teaching while not actually being a teacher, and the fact that several Christians have suggested I'm reincarnated (despite Christians not normally believing in it, regardless of the instance referenced in the bible) is intresting.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 05:07:10 am by VampirateMace » Logged

pakled
Zeppelin Captain

Minions Local 305, at your thervice!

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 05:57:31 am »

I am Pakled Threadkiller, minor deity in charge of missed vehicles and cold tea...Wink
Drew P
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 02:55:47 pm »

^HA!^

I am Bigus Gaseous, wrenching forth a stench brought forth from both ends. Erupting in a heinous sound heard throughout the heavens and hells, bringing all that here me scurring for salvation, pleading for it to end.......

Ah, heh, ...out loud again... Undecided  Must make mental note to stop hitting the Web in the morning.

...What's that I hear?

Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'
Athanor
Zeppelin Admiral
Canada Canada

Keep them off-balance and brazen it out!

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2014, 08:51:36 pm »

Apparently I'm Yog-Sothoth:

"You are Yog-Sothoth, the Key and the Gate. You are Time and Space and the patron to all wizards. Anyone who wants time and space at their control must serve you and must become part of you when they die. You care nothing of humans and their mental state but rather give anyone who is worth of your powers that which they desire."

This definitely fits with some of my other Alter Egos, such as the mad alchemist Elias Ashmole Crackbone......

Athanor.

"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And quite often, he shall wish he hadn't."

- Elias Ashmole Crackbone.
mercian guy
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 02:34:55 pm »

I'm Tsathoggua, the Sleeper of N'Kai. You are god of the stoners and anyone who waste their days. You will show the secrets of the Universe to anyone who is cool enough. This may not always end well for your "friend" but who cares? You are what you are.

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."
Carl Sagan
Athanor
Zeppelin Admiral
Canada Canada

Keep them off-balance and brazen it out!

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 04:34:46 am »

What do you have to do to be Azathoth I wonder?

Athanor.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 04:36:52 am by Athanor » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2014, 04:07:35 am »

You are Yog-Sothoth, the Key and the Gate. You are Time and Space and the patron to all wizards. Anyone who wants time and space at their control must serve you and must become part of you when they die. You care nothing of humans and their mental state but rather give anyone who is worth of your powers that which they desire

I was hoping for the fire deity or something. Oh well...

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
ClockworkCrisis
Deck Hand

By God sir, look at the bustle on that woman!

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 06:55:11 pm »

You are Hastur, He Who Should Not Be Named. You rule the air realm and are served by the Byankhee, the zombie, horse, bat and nameless things chimera. You spread your insanity through history by men and women of literature. From Ambrose Bierce to J. K. Rowling your name (or lack thereof) will live throughout the ages.

Fun. Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: