The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 14, 2018, 09:57:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduce yourself (Mk. III)  (Read 46830 times)
Jester14
Deck Hand
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #475 on: February 04, 2018, 11:44:17 am »

Matey I never get upset. I will post pics of me arm when I get me head round how too .

Bet you
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #476 on: February 05, 2018, 07:28:40 pm »

Matey I never get upset. I will post pics of me arm when I get me head round how too .

"What, never?
No never!
What never?
Hardly ever ..."

Welcome to Brass Goggles  Smiley

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Jester14
Deck Hand

« Reply #477 on: February 06, 2018, 04:38:31 pm »

Never lifes too short. Tis no fun with upset.
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #478 on: February 07, 2018, 08:18:18 pm »

Never lifes too short. Tis no fun with upset.

Good words to live by.
Jester14
Deck Hand

« Reply #479 on: February 08, 2018, 03:54:27 pm »

've tried makein a steampunk name note works so jester14 will have to do. Cause am a funny chap and just like 14.
purveyorofoddities
Swab

Germany Germany

« Reply #480 on: February 09, 2018, 10:55:52 am »

Evenin' all, pleasure ta meet ya Cheesy

I'm a Half-English, Half-Scotsman living in Germany, and hope one day to fill the Tactile Board with creations both ornate and functional.
Sadly, that will have to wait till I have free time.
And Tools.
And Raw Materials.
And Money Tongue

Nonetheless, I thought it would be good to say hello before I turn into a Lurker.

[Insert Hat-Tipping Emote Here]
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #481 on: February 10, 2018, 05:35:24 am »

Evenin' all, pleasure ta meet ya Cheesy

I'm a Half-English, Half-Scotsman living in Germany, and hope one day to fill the Tactile Board with creations both ornate and functional.
Sadly, that will have to wait till I have free time.
And Tools.
And Raw Materials.
And Money Tongue

Nonetheless, I thought it would be good to say hello before I turn into a Lurker.

[Insert Hat-Tipping Emote Here]

Welcome to the forum, Mr. Purveyor. You're not alone in your struggle for monetary and chronological sources. Most of us have to balance the real world with our alternate reality! That is why Steampunks are renowned for their resourcefulness...

At your service,

Adm. J. Wilhelm
United States Airship Orca.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 05:37:35 am by J. Wilhelm » Logged

Franzglitter
Swab

Italy Italy

« Reply #482 on: February 23, 2018, 10:30:01 am »

Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen!
I'm Franz and I'm typing from Italy. I enrolled in this forum as I love Steampunk both in literature and costuming. I definitely love crafting steampunk themeded accessories and sewing my own outfits. So, I'm looking forward to meet new interesting people here!

I wish you all a nice day!

Franz
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #483 on: February 23, 2018, 12:12:14 pm »

Good morning purveyorofoddities and Franzglitter,
A warm welcome to the forum, and I very much hope you both will find time to post pictures of your creations here for us to marvel at.

Yours,
Miranda.
Melrose
Gunner
Australia Australia

« Reply #484 on: February 25, 2018, 09:28:27 am »

Hi all! I am a novice here (because we don't say n00b!) despite being old enough to be an honorary steam relic. Already introduced myself in the Oceania page but I think that one is sparsely travelled. At the risk of repeating myself, then, I'm from Adelaide, South Australia. Not a lot of steampunk on the surface that I can find, but some nice appropriate architecture, a single specialized clothing shop, and  nice old railway and maritime museums.
My name here was spur of the moment, and refers to Jimmy Melrose, a local aviation hero of the 1930s.
I grew up with Jules Verne, H.G. Wells and, yes, H.P. Lovecraft and other horror writers. My hear has been steampunk for decades.
Only recently have I added steam-like fashion to my wardrobe, carefully picking items that, if I wore one or two, would pass in the street, but if I wear three or four, an interesting hat and certain accessories, instantly changes me to steam. A bit like Clark Kent in a phone box, but entirely not. What I am finding interesting is a basic outfit, with a change of hat and neckwear and a quirky belt, goes from Victorian England to Wild west steampunk in moments. I've yet to tinker with making my own accessories.
So while I may not contribute much at first, I'll be soaking up the wisdom on these pages.

Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #485 on: February 25, 2018, 10:37:14 am »

Always nice to see another Antipodean! Welcome, Melrose!
Melrose
Gunner
Australia Australia

« Reply #486 on: February 25, 2018, 10:51:52 am »

Grin Thank you!
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #487 on: February 25, 2018, 06:36:04 pm »

Hi all! I am a novice here (because we don't say n00b!) despite being old enough to be an honorary steam relic. Already introduced myself in the Oceania page but I think that one is sparsely travelled. At the risk of repeating myself, then, I'm from Adelaide, South Australia. Not a lot of steampunk on the surface that I can find, but some nice appropriate architecture, a single specialized clothing shop, and  nice old railway and maritime museums.
My name here was spur of the moment, and refers to Jimmy Melrose, a local aviation hero of the 1930s.
I grew up with Jules Verne, H.G. Wells and, yes, H.P. Lovecraft and other horror writers. My hear has been steampunk for decades.
Only recently have I added steam-like fashion to my wardrobe, carefully picking items that, if I wore one or two, would pass in the street, but if I wear three or four, an interesting hat and certain accessories, instantly changes me to steam. A bit like Clark Kent in a phone box, but entirely not. What I am finding interesting is a basic outfit, with a change of hat and neckwear and a quirky belt, goes from Victorian England to Wild west steampunk in moments. I've yet to tinker with making my own accessories.
So while I may not contribute much at first, I'll be soaking up the wisdom on these pages.

Indeed,a warm welcome to the forum. I always think it's such as shame no one has yet invested the aetheric teleportation device so all the far flung members of this institution could meet up in person, bu at least we have the these pages to meet in the virtually.

Yours,
Miranda.
Melrose
Gunner
Australia Australia

« Reply #488 on: February 25, 2018, 11:39:17 pm »

Thank you, Miranda! I would even consider it an achievement to meet some close at hand. They're around somewhere.  Smiley
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #489 on: February 26, 2018, 03:32:57 am »

NE Vic
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #490 on: February 26, 2018, 04:33:23 am »

Welcome to the forum Mr. Melrose! I'm sure you will meet some Steampunk brethren in person!
jagger7
Swab

« Reply #491 on: February 28, 2018, 09:38:42 pm »

Hi guys. I recently did Frankenstein as a play, and the theming was centred heavily around steampunk styling and sensibility. It got me looking in to it more and have really been captivated by the imagination and possibility of steampunk. At the moment, I'm not going all out in the steampunk mould, but am looking to bring subtle influences into my life... at least to start with anyway!

Look forward to finding out more on here.

Thanks
steampunk market
Swab

Gravatar

Steampunkin since i started breathin

steampunkmarket
« Reply #492 on: March 01, 2018, 03:46:55 pm »

HI All

My name is Max and recently i have started this Blog to help people in deciding what to buy and what not do - my website is basically aimed around Steampunk Accessories  but i plan on adding a wide variety of content.

If you have a particular topic that you would like to see a post about, do let me know.

Thanks

https://steampunk-accessories.com/

Gingersnapsdacat
Deck Hand

« Reply #493 on: March 01, 2018, 05:28:05 pm »

Hello! I am Ginger! I am a lover of steampunk, namely the Band Steam Powered Giraffe
Felscor
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

« Reply #494 on: March 21, 2018, 01:27:58 am »

Hello Brassgoggles.
Been lurking on this site for a while now and thought it best I finally spoke.
I'm still relatively new to Steampunk, fresh off the dirigible so to speak, but not new to the concept to Steampunk!
What got me on board was realising my favourite genres sci-fi, Lovecraft horror and a passion for the industrial revolution created a Venn diagram with Steampunk at the heart.
So naturally here I am.

-Elymas J. Banderbine
annevpreussen
Gunner

Captain Annemarie of the Eagle's Arrow Airship

« Reply #495 on: March 21, 2018, 01:48:39 am »

Hooray! So many new people in our little group of eccentrics who know more about Tesla than they should and likely have a strange obsession with corsets. Welcome, everyone!  Cheesy

I wear goggles so you can't see when I'm staring at you.
PandaZai
Deck Hand

« Reply #496 on: March 23, 2018, 09:51:49 pm »

Hello everyone! I am new to the forums and Steampunk culture in general. Its a fascinating subject and being an artist/DIY person its right up my alley. Do some of you feel like you were born in the wrong time? I definitely feel like i belong in the 1850s. oh to travel back in time...
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Board Moderator
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #497 on: March 24, 2018, 12:36:31 am »

Hello everyone! I am new to the forums and Steampunk culture in general. Its a fascinating subject and being an artist/DIY person its right up my alley. Do some of you feel like you were born in the wrong time? I definitely feel like i belong in the 1850s. oh to travel back in time...

Hello, PandaZai, and welcome! (Welcome, also, to all the others who have arrived recently.)

You are not the first to ask that question, and doubtless will not be the last. Everyone's answer will differ, but for me the answer remains this: I feel quite at home in the modern era. I simply do not wish to spend all my time at home. Smiley

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #498 on: March 24, 2018, 12:50:21 am »

Hello, PandaZai, and welcome! (Welcome, also, to all the others who have arrived recently.)

You are not the first to ask that question, and doubtless will not be the last. Everyone's answer will differ, but for me the answer remains this: I feel quite at home in the modern era. I simply do not wish to spend all my time at home. Smiley

Then there's the more radical answer: I have a home in the Modern Era, I just want to re-decorate!  Grin
Neville Catchpole
Deck Hand
England England

@lucky_cog
« Reply #499 on: March 25, 2018, 12:23:24 am »

Hello everybody,

I used to wear the grandad shirts and waistcoats back in the mid-eighties wandering around Greenwich when I was a spring chicken albeit without the top hat and goggles. Thirty years later I find myself wandering around Comic Con Birmingham and on a whim bought myself top hat and goggles and hey presto instant Steampunk... I think the grey beard and slight beer gut may have added to the effect, but the swan/ugly duckling transformation was complete...

For a living I make varnishes, lacquers and veneers and in my spare time I take pictures then destroy them to create new digital works of art.

- "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." (The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul)

- "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." (The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: